36%
9%

Total votes: 11

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Rate & review season 2

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 pm

From 1-10 stars, how would you rate the second season of Married... With Children?

Also, if you'd like you could also give us a small review of the season.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Re: Rate & review season 2

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 am

Another nice review, Marcy Rhoades. Here is mine:

The show continued on the path it had gone in season 1, steadily working on finding itself and its characters. The actors know their characters better and the scripts are improving, helping the show stand on its feet. Al is more repulsed by Peg and is more obnoxious to the neighbours, Peg is less of a housewife, Marcy gets out of her shell a bit more and Steve shows us he can be like Al at times, quite often actually. The animosity between Bud and Kelly is growing as well. Kelly is still not the idiot she later becomes, at the moment she’s just doing badly in school.

The difference in quality between this season and the first season is noticeable, but not overwhelmingly, at least not at first. It’s definitely a step up in quality. As the show continues the upgrade in quality becomes more and more evident, as a matter of fact some of the shows most memorable and finest episodes are in this season. That fact gives us the viewers an indication of what is yet in store, some of the great things to come in future seasons.

This season provides us with some landmark episodes and events of the Bundy family. We get to see the Bundy’s celebrate Christmas for the very first time and first learn about their tradition to eat pizza instead of turkey for Christmas dinner. We also get to see some of Peg’s family from Wanker County, most notably Peg’s mother. Lastly we got the first (and second) two-parters in this season, something we’d get a lot more of in future seasons.

All in all this is a very good season that took another step in the right direction for this show; greatness! Significantly better than the 1st season, I’d give this season an 8-star rating.

Favorite episodes: You Better Watch Out, Guys and Dolls, Im-Po-Dent, Buck Can Do It & Father Lode

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:14 pm

Someone gave this a 1-star rating as well? It must be the same someone who gave season 1 the same rating. Someone here doesn't like the first couple of years, it seems :) Only question is who...

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:Someone gave this a 1-star rating as well? It must be the same someone who gave season 1 the same rating. Someone here doesn't like the first couple of years, it seems :) Only question is who...
I'll slap them silly. 8)

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:46 pm

One star??? None of the seasons are worth one star! Well in my opinion, :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:58 pm

So, what rating did you guys give this season?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:10 am

I was wavering between 8 and 9; I gave it 9.

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman
Your favorite MWC Character: Peggy

Post by ButterWanker » Thu May 09, 2013 7:28 pm

One of my favorite seasons! 9 stars.

I still can't believe an episode like "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" aired on TV in 1987.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Someone gave this a 1-star rating as well? It must be the same someone who gave season 1 the same rating.
Troll :D

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

I'll give season 2 a 7. There are a few classic episodes, but still mostly okay ones. When I saw "Poppy's By the Tree" in its original run, I became hooked, and have been a MWC fan ever since.
I dropped you like third period French!