Sons of Anarchy

Discuss other TV-series and movies that the MWC actors has been a part of in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Sons of Anarchy

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Well, I've only just gone and got my mother hooked on the show!

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 am

I've not seen it yet.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:I've not seen it yet.
It's a great show - people compare it to The Shield and The Sopranos, but you know, with bikes...

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:13 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
It's a great show - people compare it to The Shield and The Sopranos, but you know, with bikes...
Damn, two of my favorite shows - it must be good then! I've heard nothing but good things about it. I have to buy the season set sometime, because it's only on cable here.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:43 am

marriedaniac wrote:
I've been watchin' it, yeah its a lot like Sopranos, it keeps you coming back. I haven't seen The Shield yet. But I've got a question about SOA Marriedaniac, who is "Sam Crow?"

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 am

SAMCRO stands for the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club - Redwood Original.

I've seen all episodes so far. The show is awesome - it has great acting and great acting with a lot of research and love being put into it by Katey's husband, Kurt.

I actually started watching because a friend told me "Dude, that actress you like from the Bundys is on the show". I was skeptical about seeing Katey doing drama on FX, but got into it. It is a show about an outlaw motorycle club and the problems they have in their North California city along with internal struggles. Although I come from a family of bikers (not so-called "one-percenters", but my parents really love their motorcycles and have been going to various meets and greets for the last 25 years) I'm not actually into this sort of thing. But after the pilot - hell, actually midway through it - I was hooked and I kept wanting more and more and more and more.

The show features our beloved Katey in a very awesome and I think demanding, dramatic role, which to me was refreshing, as I have only seen her in MwC and heard her in Futurama (which is back by the way, and going strong) and occasionally something else. It basically has talented actors all around with awesome writing. I am pretty confident that the show will have you on the edge of your seat wishing for more action and more episodes.

So in case any of you haven't checked it out, just try to see the pilot somewhere and make up your own mind.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 am

^ What he said. :D

The show is well written - I love the references and the Shakespearean-ness of it, and the MUSIC! The music is great.
Katey has so far done one cover each season, and backing vocals on at least one that I know of.

1x02 - Son of a Preacher Man
2x02 - Ruby Tuesday
2x13 - Gimme Shelter (backup)
3x04 - Bird On A Wire

Can't wait to see what song she'll do in season 4.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Panek wrote:SAMCRO stands for the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club - Redwood Original.
Ah thank you Panek. I was probably surfing and missed when that was first mentioned. I knew it had something to do with the gang but I was unclear. Gracias.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:05 pm

...and she's looking pretty good for 57.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:...and she's looking pretty good for 57.
Indeed.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:19 am

she would be looking good for 37.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:17 pm

I just noticed in one episode in the 2nd season Peggy has a cacatoo eating cereal or something out of a bowl with her at the breakfast table. People do that really? Didn't know.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Of course I find everything else totally believable.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:13 pm

I know a couple people with cockatoos and they let them out occasionally. Never seen them eat breakfast with them, but I guess they have to eat somewhere. :)

There's a neat MWC reference in episode 3x03 or 3x04 -- Gemma is on the lam and some of the guys suggest a disguise:
Tig: "You could go redhead?"
Gemma: "Christ, I'd rather shave my head."

:mrgreen: