Back up box set?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Empty Pants
Iggy Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Back up box set?

Post by Mr. Empty Pants » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has a back up box set of MWC?

I collected each season (at $30 to $45 a pop).
A few years ago we were at Walmart and I saw the complete series for $30! (possible error?) It's still in original wrapper.
I bought it just for back up discs in case any I currently have get damaged or wear out.

I really can't believe my original disks still work.
I have watched them probably over a thousand times through the years. I still watch a few episodes every day before going to bed.

Before the DVD's I had 8 or 9 VHS tapes full that I taped off TV.
After a while they did wear out where there was no picture (except wavy lines, lol)
Sadly enough...I still just listened to them. :roll:

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B

Re: Back up box set?

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:46 pm

If I want a backup I usually just burn it. I had seasons 1 to 5 before I bought the box set. I sold the individual sets for more money than I paid for the box set. The discs in both sets are the same. Due to the packaging, it's sometimes harder to track down a certain episode as the discs are stacked in 2 piles.

I will be collecting Mill Creek DVDs soon.
I dropped you like third period French!

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:29 am

I do have a backup box set that I bought after I already had the other seasons. It comes in handy when the kids have made a frisbee out of the one disk I'm looking for or something. I'd like to collect them all on Amazon streaming eventually. I don't know if their season 4 is uncut though.
Last edited by Dr. Shoe on Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:17 am

I bought each season individually from various countries - season 4 from Germany, for instance, because I was sure it was uncut. Which the Big Bundy Boxset is not!
... but I have the boxset too. Because it had a couple of extras and a poster, and I need to collect MWC things. ;)

Now that Mill Creek are currently releasing the DVDs WITH the proper music this time, and they're cheap, I am slowly getting those as well.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:30 am

marriedaniac wrote:I bought each season individually from various countries - season 4 from Germany, for instance, because I was sure it was uncut. Which the Big Bundy Boxset is not!
... but I have the boxset too. Because it had a couple of extras and a poster, and I need to collect MWC things. ;)

Now that Mill Creek are currently releasing the DVDs WITH the proper music this time, and they're cheap, I am slowly getting those as well.
Wait a minute, what? The German Bundys Big Box is not uncut? Do you simply mean the music?

I will get the Mill Creek DVD's soon enough to have the music intact and for easier access.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:I bought each season individually from various countries - season 4 from Germany, for instance, because I was sure it was uncut. Which the Big Bundy Boxset is not!

Wait a minute, what? The German Bundys Big Box is not uncut? Do you simply mean the music?

I will get the Mill Creek DVD's soon enough to have the music intact and for easier access.
Sorry - I don't know about the German release of the BBB, but the American/English one (at least, the one I bought in Australia isn't - this may or may not be the exact version of the American one) is not uncut, because of season 4.

Some more info: http://www.bundyology.com/dvd4.html

(part 2 of It's A Bundyful Life is a separate issue, though)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Oh, OK, because that wouldn't have made much sense if the German complete set all of a sudden started including the edited version of season 4.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Bungles
Shoe Salesman

Post by Bungles » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:I do have a backup box set that I bought after I already had the other seasons. It comes in handy when the kids have made a frisbee out of the one disk I'm looking for or something. I'd like to collect them all on Amazon streaming eventually. I don't know if their season 4 is uncut though.
Are all the series on Amazon then? I never knew this.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Yep. I've got through season 3.