My study of "The Dodge"

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

My study of "The Dodge"

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:44 pm

While doing research for my model of Als' "Dodge" I made several screen caps. I figured I would share them, some observations and theories on the actual car(s) here.
From the beginning of Oh, What a Feeling: I believe this is the first screen appearance of "The Dodge", someone correct me if I'm wrong. This car is clearly a 1973 Plymouth Gold Duster model as indicated by the bumper, grill, hood, ect. I don't think this car ever appears again in the show.

From the end of Oh, what a Feeling: This car has a 1971/1972 front end, and is obviously not the same car as in the beginning. I believe this car portrayed "The Dodge" for the remainder of the series.

I have more pics and will post them soon, stay tuned!
I dropped you like third period French!

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: My study of "The Dodge"

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Here is the engine bay from Requiem for a Chevyweight. The engine is definitely a slant six. You can also see where the car has been painted from brown/gold to red. I believe that they painted the car from season 4 for the episode Get Outta Dodge and it was used like this till the end.

Not much info here, but I couldn't resist a picture of the young love birds! :lol:
I dropped you like third period French!

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Re: My study of "The Dodge"

Post by Officer Dan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:49 pm

Very nice! Thank you for your work.

Here, in Germany, near my Hometown, a guy drives a "plum crazy / in violet" purple Duster. Cool car, it really is.
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992