HONDO forum viewing - Friday, February 18th 2011

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

HONDO forum viewing - Friday, February 18th 2011

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:12 pm

As Marriedaniac was so incredibly kind to tell me In another thread, according to episode 24 of the 8th season called "Assault And Batteries", Hondo will be broadcasted again on this exact date. From the episode:

Al switches the TV on.

TV: ...and that's the conclusion of the classic western "Hondo". Join us February 18th,
2011, for the encore showing of...

Now wouldn't it just be awesome if a couple of us here on the forum, joined in with Al to watch Hondo this Friday, February 18th?! We could have a little "chat" and discuss the movie once we've seen it. We don't have to see it at the same time, since it could be hard to set a time due to the time difference around the world. But we could make sure we watch it sometime during that day then come on here and discuss it with each other, and so on. We could take pics of our TV with us watching it. Those who want to can wear their Polk High or NO MA'AM t-shirts.

If you don't already own the movie, go out right now and buy it! Or you could Netflix it, watch it online or download it. Your choice. I'm ordering my copy right now and will arrive in a day or two.

Also, as an extra, we could watch the two episodes where Hondo is mentioned, (2-22, 8-24.) If some members here would like to watch the movie but can't get have access to it, you could always just watch these two episodes instead.

So, who's up for this? Come on guys, it's one of Al's biggest dreams and most importantly it's... FOR HONDO!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: HONDO forum viewing - Friday, February 18th 2011

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 pm

It's a cool idea; I've never seen the movie. I'll try to track it down.

"I want a clean tape of Hondo, Peg."

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Excellent idea! Now, what shall I include on my snack mountain?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 am

Great to have two guys on board already! I agree with Marriedaniac, we should set a time when we can try to start the movie. It's a Friday, so we can start a bit later I guess since most are free the next day.

Al says that Hondo is on at 3:30 Chicago time, what would that be in GMT time? Would be cool to start watching the movie at the time he was supposed to watch it back in 1994 :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:59 am

The only tricky thing is I might be out on Friday night, and I'm ahead of most people, time-wise. But, decide on a time and I'll do me best :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 am

marriedaniac wrote:The only tricky thing is I might be out on Friday night, and I'm ahead of most people, time-wise. But, decide on a time and I'll do me best :)
You can always watch it before you go out then. Like I said, we all don't have to watch it at a certain time, as long as we all see it sometime during the day.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:29 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:The only tricky thing is I might be out on Friday night, and I'm ahead of most people, time-wise. But, decide on a time and I'll do me best :)
You can always watch it before you go out then. Like I said, we all don't have to watch it at a certain time, as long as we all see it sometime during the day.
True, true. Looks like my plans have moved to Saturday night anyhoo.
I gotta hunt for Hondo. Pity I didn't cath it on TV a few weeks ago. :/

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:00 am

Great idea! Count me in! If I can track down the movie! 8)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am

I just ordered my copy! I can't wait. 3:30 Chicago time works for me since I'm in the exact same time zone!

This aspect of Al often reminds me of my Dad. He's that same generation, they watched cowboy movies when they were kids and my dad still watches them over and over and John Wayne is huge. My dad will actually use the him as an authority on things. Like for example he would say "The Duke wouldn't put cream in his coffee." "The Duke wouldn't wouldn't order a steak rare." Or the ever present, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

Apparently this movie was originally shown in 3-D and I actually remember once as a kid that there was a promotion, like go to 7-11 and get free glasses so you could watch it in 3-D on TV at home. Well, I thought it was gonna be like a the real movies where stuff is like right in your face but it was more like those comic books you might look at with glasses.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 am

LetsRock wrote:Great idea! Count me in! If I can track down the movie! 8)
Sweet, get to work finding that copy!
Dr. Shoe wrote:I just ordered my copy! I can't wait. 3:30 Chicago time works for me since I'm in the exact same time zone!
Awesome! That's the exact same DVD I ordered.

Now we're four who'll see the movie on Friday. This is shaping up to be quite an event! Hopefully more will join us.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:52 pm

thanx for headsup Shue Dick :mrgreen: i always thought that Hondo was a fictional movie, I might get me one just to see what al was so excited about :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

ARMAN wrote:thanx for headsup Shue Dick :mrgreen: i always thought that Hondo was a fictional movie, I might get me one just to see what al was so excited about :)
If there were something Al was serious about, it was The Duke :)

Let us know if you can track down a copy before the 18th.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:53 pm

hell that was a good movie! :P i have never seen a western in my life before always thought they'r lame 8) sorry i didnt wait for 18th I have just as Al premature... curiosity :mrgreen:

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 am

From (407):

AL SR. John Wayne thinks you can do it.

AL The Duke? The Duke wants me to do it?

AL SR. He's got a five spot riding on ya.

(AL RISES, HITCHES UP HIS PANTS AND GIVES HIS DAD A THUMBS UP. HIS DAD GIVES IT TO HIM BACK
AND DISAPPEARS. AL CROSSES TO PEGGY. SHE IS STILL RUBBING TUBRO)

AL Peg. Woman. Pilgrim. Listen up and listen good. Get up, get out, and get my Playboys.

PEGGY But, Al...

AL Now!