Shoe Dick's collection of Married With Children memorabilia

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Shoe Dick's collection of Married With Children memorabi

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Daniel wrote:I've already seen them on ebay but never bought one.
I have to admit that my collection has a very boring life in my cellar.... :(
In your cellar?! Man, sell them to me, I'll give them a good home, let them out in the daylight every now and then :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
Daniel wrote:I've already seen them on ebay but never bought one.
I have to admit that my collection has a very boring life in my cellar.... :(
In your cellar?! Man, sell them to me, I'll give them a good home, let them out in the daylight every now and then :)
Yes in the cellar - in a box. I know - I'm a very bad fan.
But no - I don't sell them....never :)

I hope mice haven't found the signed script yet :roll: (just joking).

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:30 pm

Neat! Like Dan, I'd seen them a lot of ebay but I never bought one.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm

That's weird because I'd never seen one previous to my purchase. Therefore I snatched it up one morning, I even got up even earlier before work than I usually do so I could put a last minute bid on it.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:36 am

Shoe Dick wrote:As previously mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3672, I met the guy who told Kelly to "put out or get out" this summer. I met him at the London Film & Comic Con, where he was one of the guests attending.

=================================================

Hi Shoe Dick,
I thought you might like this link to lots of Veronica Corningstone pictures and lots of people playing the part of her and Ron Burgundy... Could there me another Cult based on "Anchorman" ?
((( Yes it is one link..... and no, I DID NOT type it from memory!!! ) rofl!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... fr=fp-yie8

================================================================================

As you can see, I chose to make an own picture to get signed, so that it would go better with my MWC collection, because there wasn't a chance in hell he'd have a pic from that episode at his table. I got some screencaps from the DVD and added the text myself after that. I then printed it out on a high quality photo paper. I really like the screencap I chose, as it's the best part of that scene and a pretty humurous pic to get signed. I was also sure it would be a great conversation piece once he saw it.

As for the meeting itself, I'm afraid to say I was left very disappointed. He was chatty and nice to everyone before me, then when it was my turn, he had struck up a conversation with one of his assistants and apparently he was going to take a break. He then turned his head and saw me standing in front of him and agreed to sign one more. We shook hands and he asked me how I was, then he signed the pic very fast, as someone in a hurry would and went on his break. It all went by so fast. Had he not been in a hurry I am positive he would have taken notice of the picture I chose to get signed and also ask me something about it, I really wanted to ask him some things as well that would have been great to add in this text. It was not to be, I suppose. Maybe I'll get to meet him some other time in the future where I can have another go at him.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to have gotten his autograph. It's definitely one of the most unique things I have in my MWC collection and while it didn't get much of a reaction from Corey Feldman, I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece when my guests gets a look at it. Here's a scan of the autograph:

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:54 am

Shoe Dick wrote:That's weird because I'd never seen one previous to my purchase. Therefore I snatched it up one morning, I even got up even earlier before work than I usually do so I could put a last minute bid on it.
===============================================================

Hi Shoe Dick,

How much of a bid would you put up for this babe?
http://www.moviefanatic.com/gallery/ver ... one-photo/ :twisted: 8O

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Next up is my autographs of David Faustino, as well as a detailed report of my meeting with him.

I met David at the Scandinavian Sci-fi, Game & Film Convention on Saturday, March 31st in Gothenburg, Sweden. As soon as I entered the convention hall, I walked over to where the stars were signing autographs. It was a strange feeling seeing David sitting in his chair not that far from me. I had watched him for countless of hours during the span of over 20 years by now. I'd met a lot of celebrities before but this one was going to be something special.

I decided to wait until there wasn't much of a line to him before I went up with my things, because I wanted to get as much talking time with him as possible without making a lot of people behind me wait. There was one guy in front of me, so while waiting my turn I chose two photographs I liked, paid the money for my three autographs and told his assistant my name (which he'd write down on a paper so David could add a dedication to his autographs.) All of a sudden it was my turn. I went up to him, put my Big Bundy Box set down and told him what a big fan I was. He thanked me and we shook hands.

Then he took a look at the Big Bundy Box set and surprised me by saying he'd never seen it before. I was like "But you recorded an interview especially for this set!" He didn't remember that and asked who else was featured in the special features, I told him that it was him and Katey Sagal. He seemed to dig it and asked if it was German, I said it was. I told him that my jacket was actually screen-worn on the show, he said "Oh really? Who wore it?" I told him I wasn't sure but that I suspect it was used in the episode where Al's team meets the team with Bubba Smith on it (didn't remember the name at the moment, then I remembered it was season nine's Dud Bowl) he replied "Oh yeah, I remember that episode." I then told him I was still so pissed over not having an eBay account back when he was selling off some of his MWC stuff, like the blow-up doll and signed script. He said "Yeah that stuff is long gone." I asked him if he made a lot of money on them, but he didn't remember since it was so long ago.

I looked at his table and saw a Grandmaster B figure, made by ClassicTVToys.Com and also noticed he had Grandmaster B t-shirts. I asked if he was selling the figure and he told me yes, that it was the last one left. I asked his assistant what the figure and t-shirt cost and then said "I'll take 'em", to which David jokingly said "He's gonna clean us out!" I replied by saying "I told you I was a big fan!" He then reached down under the table and said that since I'm such a big fan of his, I'd get two CD's from a rapper on his record label! I asked if it was the new, would-be star (Patience Price) he'd been talking about on the radio show the day before, he said it indeed was him.

Then he started signing the new stuff I bought from him.

While he was signing these things, I asked him if he knew how long the new reunion show would be. He told me that it was just a sit-down chat with the cast, in case I was under the impression that it was them playing the Bundy's again. He said that it would be airing on April 22nd in the US but wasn't sure when/if it would air in Sweden. I said that's ok, I'll just download it. He laughed and jokingly asked if he had arrived to Dowload Country, I reckon several people before me had asked about the reunion or something. I told him that I would download it because it most likely won't ever air in Sweden. He then gave me a tip about a new show he's in that starts airing in April as well. The show is called Avatar: The Legend of Korra and he told me I could download that as well. I replied saying that that show would probably air in Sweden at one point or another.

When we were about to wrap it all up, I asked him if my friend could take a picture of him holding up the now signed Big Bundy Box set, he was totally okay with that, picked it up and posed for the picture, which came out great. Out out of the 15 pictures taken during our meeting, it's definitely my favorite (other than the pic with the two of us which a professional photographer took later.)

I thanked him for his time and we shook hands again and said our goodbyes. When I was putting my autographed pictures in the book I brought along with me for safekeeping, I noticed something - he had forgotten to sign one of the pictures! :) I went up to him again, but a guy with a German accent was speaking with him. When he left I told him he forgot to sign the picture, "Hilarious!" he said as he started signing it for me. I asked him if the guy before me was German and that the show is huge over there and in places like Austria, he agreed but said he wasn't sure where he was from. He mentioned that he's "Over there all the time." I told him I'd heard that his manager was Austrian and he commented that his agent "Here" (in Europe) is from Austria, so he has one for his European gigs and one for the states, makes sense. I thanked him for the second time and was on my way again.

Here are the autographs I got from him:

This is the one he forgot to sign :)

The first two are signed "Anders, your Pal David Faustino 'Bud.'" The third one has his signature and "Bud Bundy" added to it. The fourth has his signature and "Grandmaster B" beneath it. Finally, on the fifth it says "Anders, your 'Bud' David Faustino, 'Grandmaster B.'"

About an hour and a half later, it was time for our photoshoot. When it was my turn, I stepped in the booth where he and the photographer was. He immediately said "Hey, I remember that jacket!" We shook hands again and then I went up beside him, we put our arms on each other's shoulder and before the photographer took the photo he said "Polk High!" in that school-spirit kind of way and pointed at the P on my jacket! I thanked him again and left. A few hours later the photos were delivered and I picked mine up. I was very happy with it.

That picture along with the autographs and just the memory of meeting David "Bud Bundy" Faustino will remain with me my whole life. It was the best day I've ever had as a fan of Married... With Children. A dream come true, really. I hope to meet him again at some other point, as I've got more stuff I'd like to get signed by him. If any of you ever has the chance to meet him - take it! He's a great guy. Very nice and very funny. He takes his time with the fans and you can tell he really embraces the status he's earned by playing the character of Bud Bundy.

I may have forgotten a few small details as I'm writing this, but I made it as detailed as I possibly could and I really hope you've enjoyed the report on my meeting with David Faustino. I'll leave you with the scans of my two autographed photos:

Image Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 pm

awsome writeup! :P if/when I'll meet someone from MWC cast I'd probably hug them silly :mrgreen: ...and then theyr gorrilas will bit me down :D
Last edited by ARMAN on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:40 am

Hey Anders!

Thanks for that great and very detailed report (I think I would have forgotten everything)!
It seems you realy had the day of your MWC life.

I think David hast in europe a lot more fans than in the US.

Btw: I've been yesterday in the cellar and found some stuff from David - like the shirt you bought and some autographs.

_Psycho Dad_
Ephraim Wanker

Post by _Psycho Dad_ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 pm

im jelous of you Shoedick ;)
Great report, great experience meeting one of your/our fans. I hope i also get a chance to meet him someday. Oh and i also hope to get a chance to meet Ed Oneill.

You said you had to pay for autographs? They charge you for it? How much did the autographs cost? How much did the t-shirt, cds and a proffesional photo cost?
Lie if your wife is awaking. Lie if your belly is aching. Lie if you think she's faking. Lie, sell shoes, lie.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

You're welcome guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Daniel wrote: Btw: I've been yesterday in the cellar and found some stuff from David - like the shirt you bought and some autographs.
Cool, where did you get all those things?
_Psycho Dad_ wrote: You said you had to pay for autographs? They charge you for it? How much did the autographs cost? How much did the t-shirt, cds and a proffesional photo cost?
Yes indeed, that's what makes these conventions possible in the first place. The autographs cost roughly 25 bucks each. He gave me the CD's for free

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:49 am

Too awesome!!!
It's shitty that you have to pay so much (or at all) for autographs but I understand it.
Patience Price is the one he's always talking about on Twitter and Facebook. Did he say anything about his current alter ego, Li'l Gweed?

Great report, great pics. :D

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Re: I'M GOING TO MEET DAVID FAUSTINO!!!!!

Post by ronthekanuk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 am

=======================================================

Hi Shoe Dick,

So glad that you had a great visit..
Nice for you that there was not a long lineup..
I am sure that David F was pleased that he is still remembered..

Re the price of the autographs:
Would you sit in his chair and be willing to give them away for free?

It would be nice to see David get a gig in Vegas.. as a comic playing "Bud" in all his glory..
I am sure that there would be countless hours of storytelling and backroom off-color
jokes that he could tell about the various bloopers in all those episodes..
That would be a pleasant change from all the blue language that you hear
when you listen to Chris Rock.

Yaaaayyyyyy!!!!! BUD!!!!

Do you think the lineup would have been much longer if "Kelly" was sitting next to him?
Would you still be there smiling and drooling?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:05 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Too awesome!!!
Did he say anything about his current alter ego, Li'l Gweed?
I'm afraid not, which is a shame. If I meet him again I'll probably mention it when I'm having him sign my "Lil' D" record.

Will you be posting the full report on your site soon?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 am

Shoe Dick, I'm so gald you had such a great time and that he was such a gracious host! And thanks for all the details in that report. You make me want to make want to look for a convention!

That's a great picture of you two together.