Dutch 1991 with Ed

Discuss other TV-series and movies that the MWC actors has been a part of in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

BloodyMaary
Masculine Feminist
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Dutch 1991 with Ed

Post by BloodyMaary » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Hilarious movie :) Ed is superb, I love him :D

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 am

Love that gif!

I am going to re-watch Dutch very soon.

BloodyMaary
Masculine Feminist

Post by BloodyMaary » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 am

marriedaniac wrote:Love that gif!
Thank you :wink:

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 am

When I watch this movie, part of me wants to get a pinky ring.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:39 pm

marriedaniac wrote:In an interview he did in 1994 (around Little Giants time), Ed said he and John Hughes planned to do all these things together (like mentioned in the Biography) and after Dutch failed, nothing. Not a word, just cut all ties altogether and never heard from him again.
Interesting that the John Hughes stuff you mentioned is being brought up in Ed's interview with Kevin Pollak that we've discussed in another thread. That part where Ed mentions that after John cutting his ties with him after Dutch bombed and Ed said something on a talk show was interesting. It was both funny and IMO pretty well deserved. The least he could have done was talk to Ed and say that he wasn't interested in any new projects with him.

Pretty sad that it's one of the works Ed did that he has trouble watching nowadays, even though he adds that it's not because it or he is bad in it. No wonder the movie underperformed when Robin Hood & Terminator 2 was playing at the same time :) Had they saved it for another time and promoted it good, I'm sure it would have made a buttload of cash.

Also perhaps a bit surprising that he didn't see right away that it was his kid co-star that was playing his partner in L.A. Dragnet all those years later, since he said they bonded a bit on the set of Dutch.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Shoe Dick wrote: Also perhaps a bit surprising that he didn't see right away that it was his kid co-star that was playing his partner in L.A. Dragnet all those years later, since he said they bonded a bit on the set of Dutch.
I know, right!? Even though he'd grown up, he still pretty much looked the same.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:40 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote: Also perhaps a bit surprising that he didn't see right away that it was his kid co-star that was playing his partner in L.A. Dragnet all those years later, since he said they bonded a bit on the set of Dutch.
I know, right!? Even though he'd grown up, he still pretty much looked the same.
I know! The first thing I said when I saw the show for the first time was "Hey! It's the same kid he did Dutch with!" and I hadn't even seen the movie in years at that point.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:59 pm

perhaps Ethan Embry's name change threw him.