CA cast in a new TV Pilot

Discuss other TV-series and movies that the MWC actors has been a part of in this forum

Moderator: Moderators

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

CA cast in a new TV Pilot

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

Christina Applegate Goes From Real Mom to TV Mom for Lorne Michaels

NBC has won the Christina Applegate pilot casting sweepstakes. Vulture hears new mom Applegate, one of the most sought-after actresses in TV land this winter, has agreed to star in a Lorne Michaels–produced half-hour comedy written by Parks and Recreation scribe Emily Spivey. The potential series, given a cast-contingent pilot order by NBC last month, would have Applegate playing a snarky mom married to a stay-at-home dad. Assuming all the paperwork gets done, this should mean the project will move forward to pilot (and with the auspices involved, there's a good chance of this thing making it on the air next fall). Landing Applegate is a big coup for new Peacock chief Bob Greenblatt, who turned Showtime into a pay-cable powerhouse by casting strong female actors as leads in shows such as Weeds, The United States of Tara, and Nurse Jackie. Looks like he may be ready to do the same thing at the Peacock.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... _from.html

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: CA cast in a new TV Pilot

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:21 pm

I hope this does better than her previous two TV-shows that got cancelled after only 2 seasons despite fairly good reviews from critics.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:50 am

I hope so. Based on the "premise" we get here, I don't have any hopes yet. :)

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 pm

hopefully nbc treats her better than cbs. cbs kept stopping her show to put on those lame "reality shows" like the bachelor. who watches a fake dating show? those women need to put down the pipe and get a life. the only place for reality tv is on the evening news. reality tv is cheaper...but you get what you pay for. if this series folds hopefully so will modern family and they can all get back to making new episondes of the show the world really wants. heck even if its for a german channel and we get the syndicated versions.

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:02 am

I agree, I hope the show does do well. It'll be good to have CA back on TV again.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:53 pm

rdo3 wrote:hopefully nbc treats her better than cbs. cbs kept stopping her show to put on those lame "reality shows" like the bachelor. who watches a fake dating show? those women need to put down the pipe and get a life. the only place for reality tv is on the evening news. reality tv is cheaper...but you get what you pay for. if this series folds hopefully so will modern family and they can all get back to making new episondes of the show the world really wants. heck even if its for a german channel and we get the syndicated versions.
Samantha Who was on ABC. Jesse was on NBC (after Friends, which helped a LOT) and that was a very average show, and again only lasted two seasons. I still don't get why they changed the second season quite so much, perhaps it could have lasted longer if they knew what they were doing with it.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:01 pm

rdo3 wrote:hopefully nbc treats her better than cbs. cbs kept stopping her show to put on those lame "reality shows" like the bachelor. who watches a fake dating show? those women need to put down the pipe and get a life. the only place for reality tv is on the evening news. reality tv is cheaper...but you get what you pay for. if this series folds hopefully so will modern family and they can all get back to making new episondes of the show the world really wants. heck even if its for a german channel and we get the syndicated versions.
That's kind of... deep, deep wishful thinking, isn't it? Hoping that Modern Family gets cancelled for a lost cause is mean to Ed O'Neill, he's finally back on track after starring in a few unsuccessful shows.
marriedaniac wrote:Samantha Who was on ABC. Jesse was on NBC (after Friends, which helped a LOT) and that was a very average show, and again only lasted two seasons. I still don't get why they changed the second season quite so much, perhaps it could have lasted longer if they knew what they were doing with it.
The second season did take a drastic turn, but I kind of liked it more. I really liked the black doctor, don't remember his character. He was hilllllllllarious!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
That's kind of... deep, deep wishful thinking, isn't it? Hoping that Modern Family gets cancelled for a lost cause is mean to Ed O'Neill, he's finally back on track after starring in a few unsuccessful shows.
And I'm positive the very next thing he'll want to do is Al Bundy again, especially when it's doubtful he'd do it without The Guys and now one of them is dead. :(
marriedaniac wrote:Samantha Who was on ABC. Jesse was on NBC (after Friends, which helped a LOT) and that was a very average show, and again only lasted two seasons. I still don't get why they changed the second season quite so much, perhaps it could have lasted longer if they knew what they were doing with it.
The second season did take a drastic turn, but I kind of liked it more. I really liked the black doctor, don't remember his character. He was hilllllllllarious!
I know the actor was Darryl Theirse... I didn't mind the change, because I didn't like the show that much to begin with. :) They had a good thing going with Jesse and Deigo and she stupidly rejected him.
Still, the change was better than what ABC did with Dragnet!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat May 21, 2011 1:50 pm

It was picked up for the 2011-2012 season. It's going to be a Bundyful year.

Sneak peek!
http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Christina ... eo/8139050

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sat May 21, 2011 11:15 pm

i dont like Will Arnett Image god damn it

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu May 26, 2011 1:18 am

I like him OK, he's been in some good comedies. I hope this will turn out good for CA. Now all we need is a hit show from David Faustino and it's going to be Bundymania!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:15 pm

So, has anyone watched Up All Night yet?

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm

didnt yet see it, i'll wait for subtitles to be read before watching it or i dont get alot of slang in the comedy shows :oops:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:12 am

marriedaniac wrote:So, has anyone watched Up All Night yet?
Any news on how it went, rating-wise?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008