MWC Revival w/ cast ANIMATED!!!

News
Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

MWC Revival w/ cast ANIMATED!!!

Post by Gucd231 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:07 pm

What goes together better than love and marriage? "Hollywood" and "foisting a revival that no one asked for on the viewing public."

EW has confirmed that Sony Pictures Television is working on an animated revival of Married... With Children, the long-running Fox sitcom about a family living their worst lives in Chicago. All four key cast members — Ed O'Neill (self-hating shoe salesman Al Bundy), Katey Sagal (big-haired, sex-obsessed wife Peg Bundy), Christina Applegate (prototypical "dumb blonde" Kelly Bundy), and David Faustino (horny youngest child Bud Bundy) — are on board to reprise their roles. (Deadline first reported the news.)

Unapologetically crass and aggressively lowbrow, Married... With Children premiered on Fox in 1987 and helped put the then-fledgling network on the map. Created by Ron Leavitt and Michael G. Moye, the comedy eschewed the "family sitcom" stereotypes by portraying the Bundys as a generally acrimonious, unsuccessful, and sarcastic clan who often wanted nothing more than to get away from each other. (Still, deep down, everybody loved each other, of course.)

Currently, Sony is pitching the series to networks and streamers, but no deal is set yet. All 11 seasons of the original series are available to stream on Hulu.

This would be O'Neill's first series gig after ABC's Modern Family, which ended in 2020. Applegate stars on Netflix's Dead to Me, which is set to premiere its third and final season later this year. Sagal is currently a regular on The Conners, in which her character, Louise, married John Goodman's Dan last year.

With its raunchy humor and crude punchlines, Married... With Children was often criticized by more conservative viewers, including those running the finger-wagging advocacy group the Parents Television and Media Council. Hopefully, PTMC founder L. Brent Bozell has a fresh strand of pearls to clutch, because if the Married revival goes forward on a streaming platform, there's no limit to how filthy those animated Bundys could get.

https://ew.com/tv/married-with-children ... s-at-sony/

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Re: MWC Revival w/ cast ANIMATED!!!

Post by rdo3 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Laurentiuz
Shoe Salesman

Post by Laurentiuz » Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 pm

I was really happy when reading this, but I was a little surprised at the same time. As I heard rumours about rights issues a while ago, that blocked all projects related to MWC. Does this mean that those rights issues are resolved now or that they have found a way to get around that?

I am wondering which streaming services will get this? I think that Netflix at least in the US, has a deal in place with Sony, in addition to their movie deal, that they have the rights to take a first look at every new show they make, and decide if they want it or not, before going to another streaming services, ither that or maybe Hulu would be a good fit for this show. As they already have all the seasons and the rights to the original show on their services.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 pm

I don't know what to think about that.
So let's wait and see if we get a teaser or something in the next weeks.

But overall I can't think that it will have the same impact as the original show.

Made this post a sticky.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:48 pm

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:30 pm

I just can't picture this show being done today. I mean, even in season 11 it was going out of style (not that I didn't enjoy some of it). I better hear that it is heavy on nostalgia and not just going along with every other preachy show on television.

P.S. Yay me! First post in 2023!

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:46 am

https://twitter.com/angela_arden1/statu ... NVR4c8PVyw thats an interview from dec 3 2023 i believe from faustino so it should be getting close. and it doesn't sound like it is going politically correct shoe.