Location of Filming

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Location of Filming

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 am

Does anybody know where the supermaket scenes were filmed in episodes 0519 and 0520 "You Better Shop Around" Parts I and II? Even better the name and place of the store?

Ed
Masculine Feminist

Post by Ed » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:17 am

at Foody's :D

edinstven
Wanker Drilling

Post by edinstven » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:10 pm

are you planning to visit this place if you find it?

in that case you should make some photo's and post them here.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:33 pm

I can't imagine the real name of the store is Foodies. If it were close by or I was in the area I would surely visit. Get a picture of myself thowing a head of lettuce!!! Of course I would post some pictures. It looks like a real store doesn't it? It doesn't look like a set.

edinstven
Wanker Drilling

Post by edinstven » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:23 pm

both could be possible, a set or a real store.
even if it seems real, it shouldn't have been a problem to make a set which looks that real.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:11 pm

if it was a real store it should have a "thanks to (store name) for their cooperation in the post show credits.

sklose@chello.at
Iggy Bundy

Post by sklose@chello.at » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:20 pm

I am pretty sure that I was just a soundstage. Like everything (almost everything) on the Show 'Friends' was filmed on soundstages. It's not that expensive to put up a fake supermarket.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 pm

Well, I don't know I mean to put all the freezers and the inventory in place just seems like a lot. You could be right. I'm going to watch those episodes through again and look for sighns that is a set. I'll particularly pay attention to whether or not they have shots of all four walls. Will report back.

sklose@chello.at
Iggy Bundy

Post by sklose@chello.at » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:34 pm

I am pretty sure, that you never see to all the way to the right. Getting all the freezers should be no problem though. There are places to get this stuff. After all, the show was filmed in L.A., as almost any show is, and just think of some of the things they got for other episodes or other shows.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Well, sadly I'm still not sure. They show 3 of the 4 walls very clearly. the fourth you only see parts of it. (perhaps the camera equipment was next to the wall so they couldn't show it?) The other thing that led me to believe it was a set is that Marcy gets some bagged ice out of the freezer and then a few shots later its all gone. Which makes me think one of two things either it isn't a real freezer and they had to get it out of there or the freezer was only meant for drinks and just couldn't keep the ice cold. In favor of it being real store I noticed that they show the celing very clearly and there are some pretty nice lights. Normally they don't show the ceiling because its just stage lights. Plus there is just so much inventory and they did a really good job placing the freezers and everything floors even look worn. There's even double doors going into the back. Plus given that the show is rarely filmed away from the house why would they go to so much trouble for that episode? Anyway the point is I'm still not sure.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:00 pm

I'm not sure too.
On the one hand the background and all the stuff looks realistic (eg. in the deep-freeze section) on the other hand the area around the chash-desk is not so convincing. So maybe the mixed a real store with a studio.

We also now that Al's Shop was also not a real one - so it should be no problem to create a store in the studios.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 pm

Well, I e-mailed Katy Segal and Bob Rooney to ask if it was real or not. They haven't gotten back to me. Its as if they don't even care... I'll try and track down the Beaver next. :P

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Re:

Post by Officer Dan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 pm
Well, I e-mailed Katy Segal and Bob Rooney to ask if it was real or not. They haven't gotten back to me. Its as if they don't even care... I'll try and track down the Beaver next. :P
It's been a few years :wink: but did you ever get an answer to this? It always interessted me, but i also think it was a sound stage. We're talking Hollywood, they know exactly what to do to re-create a supermarket than destroy a real one with Al Bundy's Car o' Death 8)
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992