Starting up a NO MA'AM club

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Starting up a NO MA'AM club

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:34 pm

So, for 6 years I've had this dream that I am finally making sure is coming true; Starting a NO MA'AM club! Funny thing is, most of my friends are not even big fans of the show, but I've convinced 4 friends to join it anyway. You could say they are casual fans of the show, I convinced them to join it based on all the fun we'll have (and I'll be sure to make them hardcore fans like me of the show!) So there are 5 of us at the moment, which is a good start.

We're going to have a yearly fee of about 35 dollars. For that money, you'll get a NO MA'AM t-shirt & a "NO MA'AM FOR DUMMIES guide that I've made myself :) The rest of the money that is left will go to the club, for activities we'll do, and for the beer we'll drink :wink:

So I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of what activities we could do in the club? I've come up wih a few things, which are:

Bowling-nights
Pool-nights
Poker-nights
Go to Puttgarten, Germany to buy cheap beer so it will last a lifetime for the club :D
Bundy-athon (MWC marathon, of course)
Beer-testing night, to determine what our official beer should be

That's all I've come up with at the moment, anyone have any other suggestions for activities and other stuff regarding the club?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Re: Starting up a NO MA'AM club

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Nothing from anyone? Not even a few words of encouragement? :cry:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:22 am

Dude you obviously have way too much time in your hands to start a NN MA'AM club :) no offense :mrgreen:

If its what you want to do then GO FOR IT! :wink: I'd join even if I am no drinker but I am faaaaaay away from you

From my experience most of the guys know the show but I dont know anyone here who is a nut-fun of the show as I am :oops: :) You can see it here on the forum is about 6-8 active guys from THE WHOLE WORLD :mrgreen:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:44 am

ARMAN wrote:Dude you obviously have way too much time in your hands to start a NN MA'AM club :) no offense :mrgreen:

If its what you want to do then GO FOR IT! :wink: I'd join even if I am no drinker but I am faaaaaay away from you

From my experience most of the guys know the show but I dont know anyone here who is a nut-fun of the show as I am :oops: :) You can see it here on the forum is about 6-8 active guys from THE WHOLE WORLD :mrgreen:
:) It's not ALL that much time-consuming, really. Some do Karate, some play soccer, I create a No Ma'am club in my sparetime :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:33 am

ed knows karate, al never went in for that "sissy stuff". soccer? al would have wanted to know why you didn't play a mans game life footabll. and no maam wasn't part time for al, it was full time, it wasn't a job it was a way of life. on the bright side al wouldn't have needed encouragment, if he felt it in his gut he would have went for it no matter what anyone said. remember when people mocked his headlight shoes and god shoes? he went ahead and done it anyway. and someone actually made head light slippers, bill engval bough a pair and thinks they are great, they were actually the featured item in an airline shopping catelog. the feet gloves aka god shoes i still havent seen, the closest is ninja tabis. but maybe that lets karate in. al wasn't cool because his neighbors thought he was cool, or even his family for that mater, not even really because al had confidence and thought he was cool. al was cool because he gave it his best shot and even tho he knew life was going to beat him in the end, life was going to walk away knowing it had been in the toughest fight of it life. maybe you can beat al, but you better pack a lunch and make sure to reserve a room at the hospital before trying. al aint gonna be an easy win....or even an easy lay if your name is peg. if you want a peice of al you are going to have to work like a womans shoes salesman to get it.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 am

rdo3 wrote:ed knows karate, al never went in for that "sissy stuff". soccer? al would have wanted to know why you didn't play a mans game life footabll. and no maam wasn't part time for al, it was full time, it wasn't a job it was a way of life. on the bright side al wouldn't have needed encouragment, if he felt it in his gut he would have went for it no matter what anyone said. remember when people mocked his headlight shoes and god shoes? he went ahead and done it anyway. and someone actually made head light slippers, bill engval bough a pair and thinks they are great, they were actually the featured item in an airline shopping catelog. the feet gloves aka god shoes i still havent seen, the closest is ninja tabis. but maybe that lets karate in. al wasn't cool because his neighbors thought he was cool, or even his family for that mater, not even really because al had confidence and thought he was cool. al was cool because he gave it his best shot and even tho he knew life was going to beat him in the end, life was going to walk away knowing it had been in the toughest fight of it life. maybe you can beat al, but you better pack a lunch and make sure to reserve a room at the hospital before trying. al aint gonna be an easy win....or even an easy lay if your name is peg. if you want a peice of al you are going to have to work like a womans shoes salesman to get it.
...What?...

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:35 pm

no mo beer for rdo3 :) :) :)

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:17 pm

AxelFoley wrote: Bowling-nights
Pool-nights
Poker-nights
Go to Puttgarten, Germany to buy cheap beer so it will last a lifetime for the club :D
Every year in an other country? :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Pool-nights
Poker-nights
I'm sorry, what? I'm not getting what you're referring to.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:23 pm

AxelFoley wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Pool-nights
Poker-nights
I'm sorry, what? I'm not getting what you're referring to.
I mean you want get members only from your country but from all over the world.
So if you want to make Bowling-Nights for all the members they have to come to you or you'll do it every year in another member-country

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

I mean you want get members only from your country but from all over the world.
So if you want to make Bowling-Nights for all the members they have to come to you or you'll do it every year in another member-country
Oh ok, well I meant only for Swedes of course, at least this club :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:06 am

I'm surprised you can get a group of guys willing to do it. My friends think I'm a little nuts. Arman is right there's like 8 of us world-wide!

You could do some crazy political activism against really ridiculous things. I wouldn't suggest hijacking any tv shows though.

You could play football.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:44 pm

I think it's pretty weird that the regulars on here are o few now that you mention it. I mean Married With Children is huge and has a very big fanbase. i wonder what's keeping them out of this place :?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:52 pm

^^ well, I think it is mainly cause... the show ended more than 10 years ago :) we are the few nut-cases that still refuse to believe it :D hehe

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 pm

ARMAN wrote:^^ well, I think it is mainly cause... the show ended more than 10 years ago :) we are the few nut-cases that still refuse to believe it :D hehe
Sorry but that's not a good reason. There are tons of shows who still has a lot of fans & a forum where there are more regulars than here. I'm a member of an ALF & Golden Girls forum, shows that are way older and IMO most likely does not have a bigger fanbase than MWC, and they have more regulars than this place. It's such a shame.

There are some frequent posters on IMDb, maybe we should advertise this place on there? Let them know we exist?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008