married with children dvds?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

married with children dvds?

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:27 pm

does anyone know when some more married with children dvd's will be released? are they going to only have the complete seasons now or will they have the most outragous episodes volume 3?
thanks jeff :|

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:31 am

no, there will be no more "best-of" DVDs.
The next DVD will be season 3.

Season 1 & 2 are already for sale.

MASTER416
Masculine Feminist

Post by MASTER416 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:36 pm

Season 3 is definitely taking its sweet ass time to come out.

nate
Onkel Otto

Post by nate » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:30 pm

Yea, no doubt, what's up with that?

If I had to guess, I would say the delay is because of:

1) The first 2 sets didn't sell well, and now they are debating about putting out the other 9 seasons.

or

2) They realized what a pile of crap they released for the first 2 seasons, and are now trying to clean up season 3 (video, audio, extras).

I hope it's number 2, but I have my doubts. The only reason I say this is because if the quality of season 3 is the same as the other 2, it can't be taking this long. Christ, it looks like all they did was take the crappy old tapes and burn them on dvd and the lowest possible bit rate....

But hey...I'm not bitter or anything! :)

Zypherix

or...

Post by Zypherix » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:31 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2400

We often receive emails asking, "Where's Married... With Children season 3?" Season 2 was released in March, 2004, and nothing has been mentioned for season 3. We've been privy to some information for awhile, and with the upcoming announcement of season 3 we've been given the "a-ok" to make it public. Please do not email us asking when season 3 is coming, we will post the information on the announce date for the title (we can't post the information before this date).

Long negotiations with the rights owners of the title song has caused delays in getting the third season released. The two parties weren't able to negotiate for the use of the theme song for season 3, even though they had done so on the previous releases (two "best of" and two season sets). Columbia TriStar decided to push ahead with the release of season three, since they knew fans would choose the set in some form over no set at all. Columbia TriStar assures us that the music substitution will be clearly marked on the packaging.

Gord's Editorial:
This is another example of how music licensing hurts TV-on-DVD. I'm one of the first to tell the studios when I think they've done something wrong, but I have to support them here. The cost to license the theme song was enough to make me choke on a candy when I heard how much they wanted, and I know it would add significant cost to the DVD set. It's simple to say, "Then charge more money for the set!" but that's not an effective solution. Sure, diehard fans would pay the increase, but they may lose out on the casual fan that doesn't like the increase, so fewer sales will cost them more money. The music companies would ask for higher licensing fees because they have the DVD companies backed into a corner, and it could become a vicious cycle that keeps increasing.

No one wins in this situation; the fans have to deal with different music, the studio has to deal with upset fans, and the music company doesn't make any money from licensing the song. Hopefully fans of the show understand that the company tried to release the show intact. The studio should earn some points for being upfront about the music substitution, and hopefully fans will feel the set is still worth owning. I'm not sure what music will replace the theme song, but I was told there will be a chapter after the opening so everyone can skip right to the episode.

MASTER416
Masculine Feminist

Post by MASTER416 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:54 am

Thats so fuckin shitty.
The theme song is so key, its what makes Married with children great. Sure ites a great show, but as a kid I remember just seeing the starting of the song with the fountain squirting.
How gay this is.

MASTER416
Masculine Feminist

Post by MASTER416 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:02 am

In fact, I'd pay 10-15 extra dollars for that opening theme.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:22 am

Old Frankie Boy would rotate in his grave...

nate
Onkel Otto

Post by nate » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:18 pm

No, that's not possible. I'll believe it when I hear it. :twisted:

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:30 pm

nate wrote:No, that's not possible. I'll believe it when I hear it. :twisted:
or better: when you won't hear it :wink:

nate
Onkel Otto

Post by nate » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:34 pm

Lol, quite true! :cry:

That really sucks, and if true, I find it very hard to justify any additional purchases, since I have every episode on either super vhs or in mpeg2 on my server (thanks FX!), and the quality, as I have bitched about, is far superior to the DVD crap anyway.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:50 pm

yes, that's true.
The quality of S1 is not very good.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:51 am

can someone please tell me how to get all the bonus features on the 2nd season ? my email is misfits_fan_138@hotmail.com or hit me up on aim bundyfan666 :|

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:04 am

Here they are:

Disc 1
Easter Egg 1: On Easter Eggs menu from Hint, press the up arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 2: On the Main Menu from Episode Selections, press the up arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 3: On the first Episode Selections menu from 2. Poppy’s by the Tree Part I, press the up arrow on your DVD remote thrice
Easter Egg 4: On the second Episode Selections menu from Previous Menu or Left Arrow, press the up arrow on your DVD remote thrice
Easter Egg 5: On the third Episode Selections menu from 9. Alley of the Dolls press the left arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 6: On the Trailers menu from Main Menu, press the left arrow on your DVD remote thrice

Disc 2
Easter Egg 7: On the main menu from Play All Episodes, press the down arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 8: On the first Episode Selections menu from Next Menu or Right Arrow, press the up arrow on your DVD remote thrice
Easter Egg 9: On the second Episode Selections menu from 13. You Better Watch Out press the up arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 10: On the third Episode Selections menu from the Return to Main Menu or Two Curved Arrows press the down arrow on your DVD remote thrice

Disc 3
Easter Egg 11: On the Main Menu from Episode Selections, press the up arrow on your DVD remote twice
Easter Egg 12: On the second Episode Selections menu from 21. Father Lode press the left arrow on your DVD remote thrice

Daniel

bundyfan666
Cousine Effie

Post by bundyfan666 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:13 pm

thank you sir, now i have something to do tonight :wink: :P