Season 3 intro!

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

MadBionicleCollector
Cousine Effie
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy!

Season 3 intro!

Post by MadBionicleCollector » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi! Anybody here throughout watching the mwc show in chronological order missed the intro in season 3 throught the later seasons?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Re: Season 3 intro!

Post by rdo3 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 pm

i'm the impatient type. i usually skip past the intro and get to the show. i also jump to the next episode and skip the credits. maybe i should read the credits. it might have a "furniture by" or "sets by" that would give me someone to ask for blueprints.

MadBionicleCollector
Cousine Effie

Post by MadBionicleCollector » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:16 pm

hehe.... I don't blame you, im a pretty impatent guy in general to! but i prefer watching the intros and credits throughout the episodes to get it in context!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:05 pm

By intro, you mean the part where you see a car driving?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:18 pm

AxelFoley wrote:By intro, you mean the part where you see a car driving?
yes axel. the first minuet or so with the opening credits that is the same for every show of the season. the part where the sinatra song was replaced after season 3.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:44 pm

rdo3 wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:By intro, you mean the part where you see a car driving?
yes axel. the first minuet or so with the opening credits that is the same for every show of the season. the part where the sinatra song was replaced after season 3.
Well not really, before the DVD-sets I hadn't seen those seasons half as regularly as the latter ones, don't know why that is. The channel airing it might not have had the rights to those seasons as often or something.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

MadBionicleCollector
Cousine Effie

Post by MadBionicleCollector » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Oh! Sorry guys :P i ment missed, like present in missing!

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58 pm

This was used to shave off time to make the episodes (a few more seconds) longer. You can see this being used in many other shows and sitcoms, some cut off sequences from their intros, some from their outros, and some from both. For example, many episodes of The Simpsons have the intro simplified, shown completely without the "chalkboard gag" and the sequence in which the family drives home. Instead, right after the big words fly at you, the intro cuts to the couch gag. Another one I noticed is in Discovery Channel's popular show "MythBusters" - in the first seasons they used a full, separate outro with credits, but now (season 3 and onward) the credits roll quickly on the bottom of the screen when Jamie and Adam sum up the whole episode's content.

More examples are all over TV.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:03 am

Panek wrote:This was used to shave off time to make the episodes (a few more seconds) longer. You can see this being used in many other shows and sitcoms, some cut off sequences from their intros, some from their outros, and some from both. For example, many episodes of The Simpsons have the intro simplified, shown completely without the "chalkboard gag" and the sequence in which the family drives home. Instead, right after the big words fly at you, the intro cuts to the couch gag. Another one I noticed is in Discovery Channel's popular show "MythBusters" - in the first seasons they used a full, separate outro with credits, but now (season 3 and onward) the credits roll quickly on the bottom of the screen when Jamie and Adam sum up the whole episode's content.

More examples are all over TV.
Exactly, The Simpsons example is the best as they do that quite often.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

No Ma'am President
Eugene Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: A tie between Al and Griff

Post by No Ma'am President » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:15 am

I'm not really a Sinatra fan, but I gotta admit that I liked the intro version of him singing a lot better than the instrumental that replaced it.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm

No Ma'am President wrote:I'm not really a Sinatra fan, but I gotta admit that I liked the intro version of him singing a lot better than the instrumental that replaced it.
So you're not fond of this iconic theme-song to our favorite show? 8O I'm not a huge fan of Sinatra but I love the theme-song.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008