Your wife/girlfriend and Married...With Children

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Your wife/girlfriend and Married...With Children

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:47 pm

Okay No Ma'amers I was wondering whether your significant others enjoy MWC as much as you do? My wife okay she doesn't exactly love MWC but she will watch it with me and I can tell she enjoys it but she'd never watch it on her own. I thought I'd do an informal survey here and see what you guys have experienced with this? It is kind of a man's show. Are there any ladies on this forum even? Certainly not many am I wrong?

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:22 pm

yeah my wife was a little fan before a meet her. Today we loke together

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:06 pm

We both love MWC. She also watches somethimes alone.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:10 pm

I am not in a relationship now, but my ex-girlfriend totally hated it, even though she never watched it (and no, that's not why we broke up) :P

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Your wife/girlfriend and Married...With Children

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:02 pm

[quote="Dr. Trumaine"]Okay No Ma'amers I was wondering whether your significant others enjoy MWC as much as you do? My wife okay she doesn't exactly love MWC but she will watch it with me and I can tell she enjoys it but she'd never watch it on her own.[quote]

First of all, great question! Second of all, our girlfriends are exactly the same! She'll watch it with me and enjoy the episodes (though not as much as me) but she'll never watch them when I'm not home. She watches Friends then... :roll:

Tido

Post by Tido » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Friends is the perfecht woman comedy show. I hate it. My favourite serie next to mwc is unhappily after. Floppy is a great Character. I love the Bundy Style i this Serie

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Tido wrote:Friends is the perfecht woman comedy show. I hate it. My favourite serie next to mwc is unhappily after. Floppy is a great Character. I love the Bundy Style i this Serie
EXACTLY!!!! I also feel the same way, I believe 90% of the fanbase of Friends are female. My girlfriend loves that frickin' show, and so did every other girl whenever I asked them about it when it aired :roll:

Tido

Post by Tido » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:18 pm

i wonder why so mmuch girls like mwc. The Characters are talking so bad against woman:=)

my wife love the jokes ábout the girls.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Aside from my girlfriend I don't know many girls that likes MWC. A few friends perhaps but they don't love it with the same passion as the guys do.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:22 am

I hate Friends, because I have found it very boring. I've seen a couple of episodes out of boredom, and didn't find the characters interesting, the humor sucked, and the whole basis of the show just didn't convince me. But it's very popular around here, especially, like you guys said, with women. It is especially gaining popularity, because there official, translated DVD sets being released commercially. People think of the show as interesting, with quirky humor. It's their choice, I guess.

While Friends is very popular, MwC isn't. It's got a very small fanbase in Poland, compared to what Friends has. Fans are very scarce. And there are also stereotypes going around, generally by "word-of-mouth" - someone saw one episode on TV, didn't like it, and passes his opinion on to the next person. So when I get on the topic of TV shows with people, I try to advertise the Bundys, as a refreshing show, interesting to watch, and the usual response I get is "Oh, you mean the stupid American show with the toilet jokes?" - It's sad. Usually this comes from women. Guys say the same thing, but some people get interested (I turned 2 of my friends into regular Bundy fans), and some even say they have seen the show a couple of times, and loved it, so there is still hope :)

I guess it's because girls are usually very confident about themselves and don't like to hear insults pointed at them, or don't like to be made fun of, so Friends, with their "Frendlier" humor caters to their needs, while they think of the Bundy humor as "chauvinistic" and stupid. End of rant.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:43 am

Actually girls are usually not confident with themselves, their self-esteem are never as high as a man's. I mean tell a girl that she's gained a few pounds and she'll burst into tears. If they hear insults the crack, therefore MWC might not be their cup of tea.

Friends is much more popular because it is a newer show, and it's more mainstream humor than MWC is, so it reaches more people. Sad, I know :(

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 am

I'm single atm, although with me being gay and dating guys and all it's not really from a girl's point of view.. but the guys I've been with liked the show :)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Tido wrote:Friends is the perfecht woman comedy show. I hate it. My favourite serie next to mwc is unhappily after. Floppy is a great Character. I love the Bundy Style i this Serie
Haha yea, Matt LeBlanc got rejected by MWC fans so he could be on Friends. Actually I kinda liked Matt's character when he was a guest on MWC. It would have been okay with me if he had been a recurring guest or something. Though I didn't like the father very much.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:22 pm

Yeah Vinnie was an OK character, I don't have a real problem with him other than the fact that Friends pretty much let Matt play the same role in Friends. *rip-off*

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008