Married with Children reunion rumours & hints

News
marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: Married with Children reunion rumours & hints

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:12 pm

I know they're getting sick of being asked about it... However, this is the greatest eyeroll I've ever seen:

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Yes, great eyeroll :)
But she doesn't sound very optimistic to me.

esthermoffit
Ephraim Wanker

Post by esthermoffit » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:29 am

What are your thoughts on this reunion? Part of me likes the idea and wants to see one last Bundy adventure. The show was not given a proper ending and that has always sat poorly with many fans. I think that these great characters deserve a chance to say goodbye. I'm a huge fan of the series and I love the cast even more. I don't doubt that they have the talent to make viewers laugh as well as they ever have before. I just don't know if creating an entire series is the right venue for this.

Since the series will center around Bud I'm sure it will introduce a new cast of characters with the occasional guest spot for former MWC alum. Certain characters like Al and Peg have a timelessness about them. Their humor was often at it's best between the two of them. They could sit in two chairs reading scripts and people would love it. Kelly and Bud are a little different. It was funny watching Bud's struggles from adolescence to adulthood. A manipulative, horny teenager is funny but a manipulative, horny older man is kind of creepy. Likewise, Kelly was packaged as a beautiful ditzy blond young girl. It worked best in the middle of the series best but her character, like Bud's, became almost cartoonish in the final episodes. Even though I think Christina is still very beautiful and funny I find it hard to imagine that same character in her forties.

I watched the episode of David's show "Star-ving" where they reunited and I really enjoyed it. The concept made sense because the focus was on the actors themselves, not the characters they once played. I'd love to see this cast together once again because their chemistry is incredible and their ability to make people laugh is undeniable. I just think that the reason this project has not seen the light of day is not because someone doesn't like the idea but instead because someone who loves the characters just wants to make sure it's done right.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Any news on that?
I mean they made another Roseanne season possible.
btw: I never liked Roseanne :)

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Yeah, but Roseanne was filled with a bunch of has-beens!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:13 pm

And now Katey Sagal has been on the new Roseanne-wihtout-Roseanne The Conners - which kinda blew my mind. I hope she'll be back.

Meanwhile, Faustino posted this on his Istagram so you might have seen it:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByeSXPVH_YQ/

Trust fund kid = Ron Leavitt's offspring

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 am

Yeah, my first thought was that that probably isn't the best way to get on Levitt Jr.'s good side. I'll tell you though...I'm not sure its a good idea. I just don't think they could make that show today, and to recreate it, it'd probably just be a parody of itself.