MWC Ebay Find

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators


User avatar
Al Bumby....?!?!?
Tante Heather
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: toronto, canada

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Al Bumby....?!?!? » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Dr. Shoe » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote:Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d


I don't get it.

User avatar
Al Bumby....?!?!?
Tante Heather
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: toronto, canada

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Al Bumby....?!?!? » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote:Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d


I don't get it.



Lol. I'm assuming that your serious about not getting it so here goes...look up classic toys Jefferson action figure and you will find the whole line of Mwc action figures. There's a Marcy and Jefferson in matching blue jumpsuits. This guy took that Jefferson figure and added a camera and called him tv camera man. If you were just joking about not getting it then please ignore my insane tirade and continue on with your day, nothing to see here.

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Shoe Dick » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:46 am

I think he's getting that part. What we both aren't getting (I guess) is who the hell "Camera guy" is and why someone would do such a thing.
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

User avatar
marriedaniac
No Maam Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby marriedaniac » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:04 pm

I think the confusion may lie in whether the similarity with the Jefferson doll is intentional or not, and whether they're made by the same manufacturer (I assume so.) Also, why would anyone want a TV camera man action figure? :lol:

Here is a pic of the Jefferson doll:

Image

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Shoe Dick » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Oh, I thought the Camera Man was custom made. A lot of people do that.
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

User avatar
marriedaniac
No Maam Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby marriedaniac » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:19 pm

It could be.

User avatar
Spare Tire Dixon
Bob Rooney
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Spare Tire Dixon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 pm

It's likely that the company simply reused the tooling, or had a bunch of leftover Jeffersons to clear out. :idea:
I dropped you like third period French!

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Dr. Shoe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:26 am

Oh ok, I get it. Yeah, I own all the action figures. I thought some guy took a Jefferson, stuck a camera in his hand, and called him camera guy. I, like Shoe Dick, was thinking "why?" So this was actually a surplus Jefferson they found another use for. Weird. Bumby, how in the world did you find that?

User avatar
Al Bumby....?!?!?
Tante Heather
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: toronto, canada

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Al Bumby....?!?!? » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:Oh ok, I get it. Yeah, I own all the action figures. I thought some guy took a Jefferson, stuck a camera in his hand, and called him camera guy. I, like Shoe Dick, was thinking "why?" So this was actually a surplus Jefferson they found another use for. Weird. Bumby, how in the world did you find that?


Shoe it was pure luck. I was searching that guys store because he had some pretty cool custom toys and boom, there was Jefferson with a camera. I was literally yelling at the screen calling this guy a fucking scammer. Lol.It says exclusive in the photo, so me being the jerk that I am, was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to. I have Al's temper I guess. :evil: Anyways, I jealous that you have the whole set shoe. I currently own none of them :( Well, on the bright side, I still have 13 action figures to collect. Yay!

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Dr. Shoe » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:39 am

Its amazing how you can just happen upon stuff like that. Thanks for sharing it. Yeah, I bought the 13 in a lot about 4 years ago. There were a few lots listed at the time. Maybe not so common now. I'd like to see the original packaging on "camera guy" myself.

User avatar
marriedaniac
No Maam Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby marriedaniac » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:44 pm

Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote: was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to.


You should. :)

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Shoe Dick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:27 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote: was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to.


You should. :)

Do it!
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

User avatar
Al Bumby....?!?!?
Tante Heather
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:33 am
Location: toronto, canada

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Postby Al Bumby....?!?!? » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Were any of you the winners of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-McFarlan ... 7675.l2557


Return to “English”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests