"TV Show Ignites Fight"

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman
Your favorite MWC Character: Peggy

"TV Show Ignites Fight"

Post by ButterWanker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 am

I found this article in an electronic news database and had to share - I don't remember reading about this back then!
Title: REGIONAL BULLETINS TV show ignites fight Source: Globe & Mail (Toronto, Canada). (Mar. 18, 1994): News: pA16. From Popular
Magazines. Document Type: Brief article
Full Text: COPYRIGHT 1994 The Globe and Mail Inc. http://www.globeandmail.com Full Text:

A vicious knife fight involving a Toronto couple was apparently spawned by a protracted debate over which female star in a popular TV series is more comely.

By the time the argument was resolved late Wednesday night, a woman's arm had been virtually severed and the man she is living with suffered massive stab wounds to the groin, according to Metro Toronto Police.

The fight began during an episode of the show Married With Children, a half-hour comedy the couple watched early Wednesday evening.

In the show, actress Katey Sagal plays mother Peg Bundy, a fortyish woman with teased red hair and a penchant for spandex. Christina Applegate plays her teen-age daughter Kelly Bundy, a sexy blond airhead.

The disagreement between the couple soon led to a knife fight in which the man was slashed in the groin with a broken wine bottle. He also suffered a broken left arm and elbow and knife cuts to his left hand.

Rather than go to a hospital, the man allowed his wife to stanch the flow of blood and clean up the mess. They sat down to watch TV again. Unfortunately, another episode of Married with Children came on a couple of hours later, rekindling the debate.

This time, the woman was hacked and stabbed in her chest, back and legs. The most serious injury was to her arm. When the man rushed into their apartment hallway to try to get an ambulance for her, panicked neighbours saw his bloodied condition and assumed the ambulance was for him.

The 20-year-old woman underwent seven hours of surgery early yesterday as doctors tried to reattach her arm. She was in critical condition in Toronto's Sunnybrook Hospital.

A 23-year-old man has been charged with attempted murder.

Source Citation (MLA 7th Edition) "REGIONAL BULLETINS TV show ignites fight." Globe & Mail [Toronto, Canada] 18 Mar. 1994: A16. Popular Magazines. Web. 11 Mar. 2013.

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman

Re: "TV Show Ignites Fight"

Post by ButterWanker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 am

Here's a follow-up article:
Title: TV viewer jailed in stabbing Source: Globe & Mail (Toronto, Canada). (Nov. 19, 1994): News: pA9. From Popular
Magazines. Document Type: Brief article
Full Text: COPYRIGHT 1994 The Globe and Mail Inc. http://www.globeandmail.com Full Text:

Toronto ONT -- The Globe and Mail TORONTO A Scarborough man who stabbed his lover during a quarrel over the relative attributes of two television actresses was sentenced yesterday to 2-1/2 years in penitentiary.

Sajid Ali Bhatti, 24, was charged with attempted murder but pleaded guilty last month to aggravated assault in the March 16 stabbing of Alisha Timla. He was sentenced by Mr. Justice Hugh Locke of the Ontario Court's General Division.

Told that the quarrel was over which of Katey Sagal and Christina Applegate, two female leads in the program Married . . . with Children, was prettier, Judge Locke described the show as a "vulgar piece of junk coming over the television tube."

In passing sentence, the judge said evidence showed that Mr. Bhatti went to the kitchen for a butcher knife, mutilated himself in a bid for Ms. Timla's sympathy and, when he did not get it, stabbed her several times.

Judge Locke said Mr. Bhatti later lied to police, claiming she had been stabbed by intruders.
Source Citation (MLA 7th Edition) "TV viewer jailed in stabbing." Globe & Mail [Toronto, Canada] 19 Nov. 1994: A9. Popular Magazines. Web. 11 Mar. 2013.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:17 am

Haha, I remember reading about this, but not the follow up. Thanks! Judge Locke can suck it. :D

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman

Post by ButterWanker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 pm

My favorite part is that AFTER this man's groin and hand were cut and he had a broken arm and elbow, they just sat down and watched another episode. :lol:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Once an MWC fan, always an MWC fan. ;)

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:43 pm

lol you guys are funny :)

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm

This is why we use pseudonyms, one of these freaks might not respect our respective stances on the "Kelly or Peg" thread.
Last edited by Dr. Shoe on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:59 pm

:mrgreen:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 pm

That's crazy, almost sounds like a bogus article.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398