Fergusan

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi there!

Here is a text of some exeriences with american toilets I've just posted under "a dump of my own".

Daniel wrote:Just a few thoughts on that - since I have just came back from vacation from the U.S.

When you are used to european toilets and you have the pleasure to take a seat on on of the american ones you know everything this episode is about.
I mean how can you live with such small toilets?

I've been now the second time in the states and I'm always afraid of the toilets.

The first thing I don't like is the height where the are. A few inches lower and you sit on the floor with the head between your knees.
That would be in europe to low for a three year child.

The second on is the small diameter of the drainage. That is a joke. I mean that diameter is for cats poo!
It's not funny to call everytime someone to fix that "problem" after you've been on the toilet!

And of course there is no "Bawuuuush" when you flush :)


So please tell me - especialy if you are american or non european:
Do you have everywhere these kind of toilets?
Or do you have "Fergusans" in your country?
Have you ever experienced the difference?

Hope to hear your toughts on that Bundy topic!

Daniel
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
ARMAN
No Maam Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Fergusan

Postby ARMAN » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:33 pm

ehm... :mrgreen: here in czech republic are cassic european toilets

in russia/ukraine etc apparently(my buddy was in ukraine last year) you can still go to the crapper on the train station, not in the main big city's obviously and find a room with no cabins but just holes in the ground now thats real adrenalin when you have to go :mrgreen: i remember that this was ok in russian public crappers 20 years ago when I lived there but to see that today is hardcore :roll:

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am

Re: Fergusan

Postby ronthekanuk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:05 am

Daniel wrote:Hi there!

Here is a text of some exeriences with american toilets I've just posted under "a dump of my own".

Daniel wrote:Just a few thoughts on that - since I have just came back from vacation from the U.S.

When you are used to european toilets and you have the pleasure to take a seat on on of the american ones you know everything this episode is about.
I mean how can you live with such small toilets?

I've been now the second time in the states and I'm always afraid of the toilets.

The first thing I don't like is the height where the are. A few inches lower and you sit on the floor with the head between your knees.
That would be in europe to low for a three year child.

The second on is the small diameter of the drainage. That is a joke. I mean that diameter is for cats poo!
It's not funny to call everytime someone to fix that "problem" after you've been on the toilet!

And of course there is no "Bawuuuush" when you flush :)


So please tell me - especialy if you are american or non european:
Do you have everywhere these kind of toilets?
Or do you have "Fergusans" in your country?
Have you ever experienced the difference?

Hope to hear your toughts on that Bundy topic!

Daniel

===================================

Hi Daniel,

US toilets seem to be the same size as Canadian toilets...
Commercial ones are longer and usually have a seat with an open split front for better access.
Even the lowly Gas Stations have a heated washroom with hot water in the sink
if you need it.
Seat liners and toilet paper are always there.
I did see some Interstate highway Rest Stops in Georgia that had only a hole in the floor for those who need to urinate, but that was years ago.

I wonder if the toilets in Russia etc are even equipped with Toilet paper,
or do you have to bring your own with you?

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm not in Russia so I can't tell you :)
But I have to say that I'm talking not about toilets on pit stops or so - I'm talking about 4* Hotel toilets :P (in Orlando).
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
ARMAN
No Maam Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Fergusan

Postby ARMAN » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:28 am

ronthekanuk wrote:I wonder if the toilets in Russia etc are even equipped with Toilet paper,
or do you have to bring your own with you?

nowdays yes, in communist times you got newspapers as a ass wiping material, the was no toilet paper in communist russia cuz its nothing but kapitalist propaganda! :mrgreen:

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am

Re: Fergusan

Postby ronthekanuk » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:23 am

ARMAN wrote:
ronthekanuk wrote:I wonder if the toilets in Russia etc are even equipped with Toilet paper,
or do you have to bring your own with you?

nowdays yes, in communist times you got newspapers as a ass wiping material, the was no toilet paper in communist russia cuz its nothing but kapitalist propaganda! :mrgreen:

==================================

Hi Fergusan,

I do remember seeing pictures of people lined up around the block to get into a supermarket.. (probably in the 1970s)
What could have been the delay or the attraction?
Could it have been DVD sets of "Married With Kremlin" ?

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey guys - you shouldn't talk here about toilets in Russia 20 years ago.
I'm talking about toilets 2012 in the USA!!!
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
ARMAN
No Maam Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:08 pm

Re: Fergusan

Postby ARMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 pm

So please tell me - especialy if you are american or non european
i must have understood it wrong sorry :oops:

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 pm

ARMAN wrote:
So please tell me - especialy if you are american or non european
i must have understood it wrong sorry :oops:


No problem at all :)
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:26 pm

ARMAN wrote:i must have understood it wrong sorry :oops:


Btw: just read my original posting and it was misleading and after all Russia is europe for me (the continent) :)

I was hoping someone from the states has some words about it.

User avatar
marriedaniac
No Maam Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby marriedaniac » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:45 pm

All I can think of right now is that episode of The Simpsons, "Bart vs Australia".


Anyway, one hotel room I stayed in Ohio about 7 years ago had a removable (not intentionally) toilet seat! :) Can't say I have noticed much difference between Australian, English and American toilets. I guess I need to go further into Europe to understand.
I mean... how high is your Ferguson, Daniel? :)

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby Daniel » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:44 pm

marriedaniac wrote:All I can think of right now is that episode of The Simpsons, "Bart vs Australia".


Anyway, one hotel room I stayed in Ohio about 7 years ago had a removable (not intentionally) toilet seat! :) Can't say I have noticed much difference between Australian, English and American toilets. I guess I need to go further into Europe to understand.
I mean... how high is your Ferguson, Daniel? :)


Yes, you have to go to europe to see a real toilet - and of course real toilet paper (have understood how this can work).
We don't have the brand "Fergusan" - but here in Europe every toilet is a fergusan with a big woash!!
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
marriedaniac
No Maam Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Fergusan

Postby marriedaniac » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:30 am

"These babies are made in Maine, you know!"

Well, if I ever get to travel again, I will check out every toilet I possibly can. :D

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: Fergusan

Postby Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:54 am

Well, hmm as far as toilet quality I'll say that American toilets used to be better, we've regressed thanks to the environmentalists, there's all kinds of regulations now, that's what Al is talking about in that episode. Seriously there are regulations on how much water can be used in a lot of cities. The tissue is just a matter of how much you want spend. As far as bathroom experience, I'll say I like it in America better. I don't like the bathroom attendant thing I saw in Italy or the hole in the ground I saw in Turkey and neither did I like unisex bathrooms I saw in Holland, that still kind of creeps me out. I also like that businesses here are very free with who can use the bathroom...in fact its seen as a way to get people in the door. Back in the day McDonald's made it a policy to always have clean restrooms for this reason.

As far as bowl for bowl with Europe I don't remember too much about that but i will pay better attention next time i'm over there....I still think it depends on where you are here and the older the building the better. I am surprised the toilets at an Orlando hotel were a disappointment. As for height....maybe its for all the Japanese tourists?


Return to “English”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests