newbie here

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

bhn2112
Shoe Salesman

newbie here

Post by bhn2112 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Newbie to the board from the Boston area. Many fond memories of MWC; it hit its peak when I was in middle school/late middle school and continued through high school (ending the year I graduated) even though I don't remember being aware of it ending at the time. I fell off midway through high school and stopped watching new eps, and it didn't help that they changed the time slot that last season.

The show never gets its due; I'm browsing a "MWC was ripped off by Seinfeld" thread on this forum now and nodding my head to a good deal of it. As it's now running on TBS early mornings I DVR it and am really catching up on some of the stuff I don't remember or missed back in the day, as it's running sequentially. It actually translates pretty well to widescreen & HD!

Pretty funny to think of Christina Applegate as 40 years old. Poor David Faustino - I'm sure he's doing well, haven't heard anything terrible about him, but at the moment Peg (Sons of Anarchy), Kelly (Up All Night) and Al (Modern Family) are enjoying TV gigs that most critics (and fans) are happy with.

While I did like Jefferson and followed the show religiously at the point where Garrison left the show and came back for the occasional guest spot, I wish Steve had stuck around for another season or two. He was classic...but in a way he left at the right time when there was some obvious tension going on with him and Marcy and it would have been a waste of both actors to just keep that going as a sideshow for six more years.

My fave Steve moment: "Oh boy look at that..I'd like to give her a---- oops, sorry Al, that's your daughter."

Just spouting some thoughts...good to see this board hasn't been abandoned and there are plenty of fans out there. The way the ended 15 years ago is shameful, giving Leavitt & Moye the boot before the last season, etc.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Re: newbie here

Post by ARMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Welcome aboard,

now follow to the chamber of the damned to watch Medicine Woman, the the only way you can join NO MA'AM's club, as:
If a man can't stand a two-hour videotape of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman he's not strong enough to be in NO MA'AM.
:mrgreen:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Welcome!
I'm liking your random thoughts. 8)

If a man can't stand a two-hour videotape of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman he's not strong enough to be in NO MA'AM.
Dear God, make the Indians kill her!!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:03 am

Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see fresh faces, so don't be a stranger!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398