Steve's/Jefferson's and Marcy's home

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

InMeelisFest
New Market Maller
Your favorite MWC Character: Al and Kelly

Steve's/Jefferson's and Marcy's home

Post by InMeelisFest » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:55 pm

What do you know about? Where they filmed living room and bedroom?
Last edited by InMeelisFest on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Steve's/jefferson's and marcy's home

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:14 am

Most likely on the same stage where the rest of the show was filmed.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: Steve's/Jefferson's and Marcy's home

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am

When I first saw this topic i thought it was going to be a question about whether the Rhodes/D'Arcy house was next door to the Bundys or across the street from the Bundys. The answer of course being "yes."

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 am

I'm not sure what's going on here.
Do you mean where they filmed it on the sound stage in relation to the main set, or where the Rhoades/D'Arcy house actually is located in the show?

InMeelisFest
New Market Maller
Your favorite MWC Character: Al and Kelly

Post by InMeelisFest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 pm

marriedaniac wrote:I'm not sure what's going on here.
Do you mean where they filmed it on the sound stage in relation to the main set, or where the Rhoades/D'Arcy house actually is located in the show?
Interior...Shoe Dick got me awnser I think.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

BruceAdama
Chicken

Post by BruceAdama » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 am

I'm fairly certain the D'Arcy's house interior was a redress of the Bundy's sets... I was always under the impression that the homes on Jeopardy Lane were tract houses and the D'Arcy's house was the reverse floor plan of the Bundy's house, with minor cosmetic differences.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:04 am

BruceAdama wrote:I'm fairly certain the D'Arcy's house interior was a redress of the Bundy's sets... I was always under the impression that the homes on Jeopardy Lane were tract houses and the D'Arcy's house was the reverse floor plan of the Bundy's house, with minor cosmetic differences.

when you say "redress" do you mean you think they took the bundy home set and turned it into the D'Arcy house whever there was a scene over there.

BruceAdama
Chicken

Post by BruceAdama » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:21 am

^

Yeah... it's a common practice in Hollywood, as a cost-cutting tool, so that extra money doesn't have to be spent on the construction of a whole new set that would only be used for a few minutes in a single episode. I think the D'Arcy's living room and master bedroom were similar enough to the Bundy's that it could have been a redress, with some walls moved around and cosmetic changes made.

Often on TV and film sets, the set walls are "wild", which means that they are built in literal segments, so that whole walls or sections of walls can be removed, allowing for a camera to have a certain point-of-view for a shot. When that shot is not used, the wall section is replaced, and it looks like it was always there. This practice was used a lot on the sets of Star Trek: The Next Generation, which also began airing in 1987.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:51 pm

I think it was just another set like all the other rooms.
They don't take up much room for storing since they are just 4 walls with a door and a window. Some wallpapers, pics and so on.
So when it was used for recoroding they just had to combine the walls and then they switched the stage like they did for other rooms.

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 am

Daniel wrote:I think it was just another set like all the other rooms.
They don't take up much room for storing since they are just 4 walls with a door and a window. Some wallpapers, pics and so on.
So when it was used for recoroding they just had to combine the walls and then they switched the stage like they did for other rooms.
=======================================
Hi Daniel,

One point that might disagree with your scenario...
Most of the episodes show rooms in a certain arrangement... which would be difficult to watch
if the furniture or accessories moved around from scene to scene...
A "Hot Set" means don't touch a darned thing because the camera always tells the truth.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:43 pm

I know what you mean, but over 11 years - how often did we see the house/rooms?
I think it would have taken up to much space to keep it as a hot set - but who knows...

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:16 am

Daniel wrote:I know what you mean, but over 11 years - how often did we see the house/rooms?
I think it would have taken up to much space to keep it as a hot set - but who knows...
=============================================

Hi Daniel,

When we see the house from the street.. the front door faces to the front...
the side sliding door seems to face to the side where the jefferson's live...

The Garage gas an entrance from the front hall on the right as you head toward the sliding side door.
Yet, when you look at the house in pictures on Google Earth the side of the house where the stairs
are, seems to be FLAT and not protruding as the floor plan would want us to believe..
Problem is that not even this makes sense when you look at the Google Pic.. The garage seems flush with the side of the house.

The Floor plan in fact shows the protruding area where the stairs located, as being at the back of the house instead of at the side, closer to the front and right behind the garage.

I ask you... who has failed to notice this big discrepancy all these years ?
Here is a pic that makes more sense for the patio being at the side of the house, rather than
at the rear. The second floor window to the right is over the garage The middle window is slightly to the right of the front door.
The images shown on the TV show, indicate a back door to the garage on the left side of the
sliding door at the bbq area.

see what you think about the representation below
Attachments
BUNDYH06.jpg

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:57 am

This would all imply that the set designers/house planners/whoever assumed that the layout of the house would even begin to match some random house on a street only shown from the front. :P

It is hard not to take this seriously. :)