for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Hollywood Raw - Behind the scenes book about MWC

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 pm

This is a book that is mainly about MWC. The synopsis is the following:

A studio teacher to Hollywood stars dishes the dirt about the sexual exploits of Married with Children's Christina Applegate and David Faustino, as well as Tony Danza, Arsenio Hall, Kirstie Alley, Drew Barrymore, and others.

This guy was apparently David Faustino's tutor on the set of Married With Children. It's a pretty nasty book according to most, written by someone who seem like pretty much an asshole with an agenda. Here's what one reviewer on Amazon has to say about the book:

A story of sour grapes from a guy who taught on-location schoolwork to David Faustino (Bud on "Married with Children"). A very successful and funny tv show of the 80's/90's. It is a sort of tell-all saga of their doings behind the camera from the standpoint of a very negative and sarcastic guy who was eventually fired when they found out he was writing the book. The author, a jew, is also a bigot, he thinks jews are smarter than other people.

"the man was half Jew-so he's smart, and half Italian-so he's vindictive"

Also displaying considerable pent-up resentment when he met Jesse Jackson (for his anti-jewish comments of many years prior) When actually Jesse was quite decent to the author. (If he disliked him that much why did he request his autograph?) It's a pretty simple minded book with not much breadth. Sex and a little bit of humor are all it deals with, and in a very sarcastic way. The sex is not really that descriptive, it doesn't relly get into the characters much and the humor only funny on rare occasions. If you're gonna read trash like this at least get something with more credibility and from someone who's been more closely connected with the industry.

Here's what legendary Ebayer and member of this forum, mwcfan1 had to say about the book:

It was written by David Faustino's tutor. He was fired when they found out he was writing a book about everyone on MWC. He doesn't have anything good to say about anyone. A lot of what he says is lies. But it is still an interesting book.

So he's basically an asshole who is fittingly full of shit as well. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this book stirred up anything when it was released back then? Did the cast & crew bother to read it, did he get sued fo slander or anything of the sort or did they just ignore it for the piece of crap it really was?

Have any other members here on the forum read it, besides mwcfan1 and Daniel (who has said that he has the book in his collection)? If so, what did you think of it? I don't think I'll ever read it because of the filth it reportedly is, but I may just buy it to have it in my MWC collection.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Re: Hollywood Raw - Behind the scenes book about MWC

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I've never read the book, but by what people are saying about it it sounds like absolute shite. I thimk i'd want to read it, but only to see what he's said about the cast or whatever.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:25 am

The only word I can think that describes this man is DOUCHEBAG! :lol:

already discussed it here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1183&p=13882&hilit= ... raw#p13882

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 am

marriedaniac wrote:The only word I can think that describes this man is DOUCHEBAG! :lol:

already discussed it here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1183&p=13882&hilit= ... raw#p13882
Yeah, that's where I first found out about the book. That particular thread was not dedicated to discussing the actual book though.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:33 am

I'll still looking for my own copy, though. Ohh, eBay!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 am

marriedaniac wrote:I'll still looking for my own copy, though. Ohh, eBay!
Private sellers on Amazon has it for a couple of bucks! :wink:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:51 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:I'll still looking for my own copy, though. Ohh, eBay!
Private sellers on Amazon has it for a couple of bucks! :wink:
Oh yeah, duh. I forgot about Amazon momentarily. HAHA, no customer reviews.
Hmmm, which should I get, the "very good" $0.55 or the "very good" $35.80? :wink:

*orders*

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:07 am

Have any of you read it yet then? I can't imagine I would buy it.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:43 pm

I've read it, but I really need to re-read it. (A small group of us on yahoo groups did a round-the-world pass-the-parcel with it about 10 years ago) I will in a few weeks. Yes, I got the copy for 55 cents!
I would have bought it again anyway, always room in the collection for a book of crap. :)

I'm strangely looking forward to reading it again.