Rank the seasons!

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Rank the seasons!

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:52 pm

mwcfan80 wrote:Here is my ranking of the seasons from best to worst: 9, 5, 8, 4, 6, 3, 10, 11, 1, 2, 7

I am a die hard fan of the show though and even the worst seasons had their merits
Thanks for the ranks, mwcfan80! If you'd like, you can also cast your vote for the best and worst seasons of the show.

Best: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3287

Worst: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3293

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:39 am

Definitely not a S*v*n fan, I see. :wink:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

marriedaniac wrote:I'll bite:

4, 5, 3... 2, 7, 6, 8, 9, 1... 11, 10.
Question: Does the dots between 3 and 2 and between 1 and 11 mean that they are way behind in your ranking?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:

Question: Does the dots between 3 and 2 and between 1 and 11 mean that they are way behind in your ranking?
Yeah, sort of. Seasons 4, 5 and 3 are definitely my fave seasons, then it was a bit harder to decide which go where, and how 'far' behind they should be. But as said above, every season has its merits.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 am

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:

Yeah, sort of. Seasons 4, 5 and 3 are definitely my fave seasons, then it was a bit harder to decide which go where, and how 'far' behind they should be. But as said above, every season has its merits.
I'm juat surprised you have 11 ranked higher than 10.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:
I'm juat surprised you have 11 ranked higher than 10.
They're about level for me, I think. Both have their share of good and crappy episodes. But that could change at any point and I could decide to rank 10 higher.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Crappy? MWC?! I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:Crappy? MWC?! I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Oh, you like Enemies, do ya? :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:08 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:Crappy? MWC?! I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Oh, you like Enemies, do ya? :)
That's just an attempt at a spin-off, I wouldn't really count that one. It's better than Friends...

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

GrandmasterB
Onkel Irwin

Post by GrandmasterB » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:59 am

Personally I don't get the low ranking for Seasons 1 & 2, I'd be curious to know if these people are old enough to have watched them first time round. In the context of what was on at the time plus in my opinion they still hold up today, I personally think they are excellent. OK, the characters are less developed but I find brilliance in the simplicity. At times the dialog is truly awesome and some of the most basic scenes are the best ever, thinking specifically of the various scenes with Al and Steve on the couch, crack me up everytime.

As others have noted, I still get pleasure from the not so good episodes, only a very few I skip when revisiting a season.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 am

GrandmasterB wrote:Personally I don't get the low ranking for Seasons 1 & 2, I'd be curious to know if these people are old enough to have watched them first time round. In the context of what was on at the time plus in my opinion they still hold up today, I personally think they are excellent. OK, the characters are less developed but I find brilliance in the simplicity. At times the dialog is truly awesome and some of the most basic scenes are the best ever, thinking specifically of the various scenes with Al and Steve on the couch, crack me up everytime.

As others have noted, I still get pleasure from the not so good episodes, only a very few I skip when revisiting a season.
There's a pretty simple explanation as to why some may not hold them that very high on their list. Here are my reviews for the first two seasons:

Season 1: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1378
Season 2: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1379

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

GrandmasterB
Onkel Irwin

Post by GrandmasterB » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

I did notice the explanation and I understand the points made but I don't agree with any low rankings, just my opinion.

GrandmasterB
Onkel Irwin

Post by GrandmasterB » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 pm

For example, Season 6 is no way better than 1 or 2. 6 has a few really good episodes that save it but most of them are among the worst especially the baby stuff, of course I don't want to be too critical knowing the background and what it meant for K Sagal.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:18 pm

GrandmasterB wrote:I did notice the explanation and I understand the points made but I don't agree with any low rankings, just my opinion.
Well, just because it's low ranked compared to others, doesn't mean I or others 't think any of those seasons are bad. I agree that season 2 is better than season 6, BTW, though season 6 is better than the first.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

GrandmasterB
Onkel Irwin

Post by GrandmasterB » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
GrandmasterB wrote:I did notice the explanation and I understand the points made but I don't agree with any low rankings, just my opinion.
Well, just because it's low ranked compared to others, doesn't mean I or others 't think any of those seasons are bad. I agree that season 2 is better than season 6, BTW, though season 6 is better than the first.
cool, i totally respect the opinion of others i guess its more surprise than anything on my part. cheers