Post by marriedaniac » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:27 am

Ed getting star on Hollywood Walk of Fame August 30th:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/16/384175 ... ywood.html

His TV wives will be giving speeches. :D

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Re: News about KS & EON

Post by ARMAN » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 am

holly canolly! this is kewl! anyone in US MUST go there and take pics and possibly video interview with Ed for AlBundy.net :P

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:40 pm

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!! This is HUGE! However, I wonder, why the hell would he get it so soon, without any confirmation from anyone else? Usually this is a big thing that the press snap up on and it doesn't take a week or so to receive it as far as I know.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:24 am

I'm not sure what you mean, as these are handed out fairly regularly.
Keep your eyes peeled for clips/pics/news items next week, people! :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:58 am

marriedaniac wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, as these are handed out fairly regularly.
Keep your eyes peeled for clips/pics/news items next week, people! :)
I know they are, but I've never heard of one hardly being announced except for the receiver, especially not to a TV-star/legend that is currently on a hit TV-show. The network should be all over that. Walter Koenig, Star Trek's Chekov, has finally gotten confirmation that he's getting a star on the Walk of Fame. He found out in June, but won't get it until next year for some reason.

I just find it odd.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:06 am

marriedaniac wrote:His star is in front of a shoe store!! Of course it is. :)

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Ed-ONeill ... eo/8335888
:) Classic!

I'm a little surprised only Katey showed up of all of the MWC cast. Usually a bunch of people are invited to say something, not just three, I think (?)

I'm glad he started by thanking the fans, but something really, really shocked me. He said that "Honestly, I think it's the best job I've ever had", regarding his gig on Modern Family. What the %@*!?! I was just thinking the other day how I hope he won't look back at Modern Family as the best work he ever did and thought I was foolish for even thinking the thought, knowing how much he loved working on the show and the people.

Anyone have a take on why the heck he'd say that? Does he think the show is better or just a better job? Maybe he likes it more because there's no controversy? You know, less people butting in like after the whole Rakolta thing. Or perhaps because he doesn't have the same kind of pressure of leading the show? Also, it could be because the network is promoting the hell out of the show, it has reached a big audience and they are recognized by the Emmy's, unlike MWC. Am I on to something here? I hope he was really talking about his JOB, not saying he thinks the SHOW is better.

Please, someone make me feel better about this.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Another thing I was thinking about is the recognition he's gotten along with the show. Every actor strive to be given credit when its due. The Emmy's completely disregarded Married With Children and all the things the show accomplished, and it wasn't loved by the critics, either. Now with Modern Family, the critics absolutely love it and so do the Emmy's. It has won an Emmy both for Outstanding Comedy Series and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series. Ed has also, for the first time ever, been recognized by the Emmy's after finally scoring a nomination. This year alone Modern Family has gotten 16 Emmy nominations, that's pretty huge.

So maybe it's a mix of all these things I've mentioned. Hit show, loved by the critics, the award shows, not having all of the focus on him, a network that promotes the show and don't give them the kind of trouble FOX did (which he's still pissed off about) etc.

Your thoughts... Please?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:39 am

There's video where Ed hugs Katey and says, "I see Ted McGinley's here!" to her. I also heard Christina was going to be in attendance, but no sign of her. Faustino was getting his car washed.
https://twitter.com/#!/DavidFaustino/st ... 6028118016

I know what you mean about Ed saying it's the best job he's ever had... makes my stomach do weird things a little bit when I hear MWC actors say things like that (luckily it's not often.) I took it to mean that it's the JOB and not the SHOW, because after all he spoke about MWC and thanked Marc the casting director for pretty much giving him a successful career, and he knows that without MWC, he'd be not nearly as succesful (maybe. This has nothing to do with his talent.)

I'd say it was the job, and the fact that he's finally getting over the "OMG THERE'S AL BUNDY!" recognition every two seconds.

I think at this point in his life, with age and young kids and everything else (money!) he has the best job on television. He can relax more than he could on MWC.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah, I'm at ease now with what he said. I couldn't help but notice you said you hate it when MWC actors say things like that, even though it's not very often. I have to ask who said what, and when?

Uh, I don't really know what to think of David's responce. He skipped attending because... he was getting his CAR WASHED?! It's LA! Could he really not have skipped doing that on that very special day?

BTW, I think something as huge as Ed getting his own star should have its own thread, so I'm splitting this topic into two. Hope you don't mind.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:24 am

marriedaniac wrote:His star is in front of a shoe store!! Of course it is. :)

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Ed-ONeill ... eo/8335888
That's awesome!

I really think when he gets some more distance from the Bundy typecast he'll show his appreciation more openly. You'd think the one who'd be really bitter about his typecast is the most typecast, Faustino, but he always talks about how much he appreciated being a part of the show.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Re: Ed getting star on Hollywood Walk of Fame August 30th

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:34 am

I've never felt Ed O'Neill hasn't shown appreciation before, when asked about it he usually praises the show and what it accomplished. That's what I love about this group, not only do they love the show, they're all still good friends. It's one of few shows I know of where there weren't any real back-stage drama to talk about.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:50 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Yeah, I'm at ease now with what he said. I couldn't help but notice you said you hate it when MWC actors say things like that, even though it's not very often. I have to ask who said what, and when?
I'm sure I'll think of specific examples later, but it's mainly when they are on their new shows and they say they love it so much and "it's the best" - Christina said it about Samantha Who, I'm sure she said it about Jesse too - but sometimes they have to say it. ;)

And no, I don't mind about it being its on thread - it deserves it! I'll be looking for more clips and pics later.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: Ed getting star on Hollywood Walk of Fame August 30th

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:29 am

Speeches from the wives!
LetsRock forwarded me this clip from the 'tube:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:Yeah, I'm at ease now with what he said. I couldn't help but notice you said you hate it when MWC actors say things like that, even though it's not very often. I have to ask who said what, and when?
I'm sure I'll think of specific examples later, but it's mainly when they are on their new shows and they say they love it so much and "it's the best" - Christina said it about Samantha Who, I'm sure she said it about Jesse too - but sometimes they have to say it. ;)

And no, I don't mind about it being its on thread - it deserves it! I'll be looking for more clips and pics later.
Really? That's pretty funny, her saying that after a season or two of a show that wasn't even much of a hit. I write that down as promoting the show.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008