Season 11

Moderator: Moderators

al1977
Iggy Bundy

Season 11

Post by al1977 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I was watching Season 11 yesterday

First time in a while, I know a few people don't like it and I can see why as it's a very mixed bag at times, and we never got the REAL final episodes, everyone was immortal however I thought it had some great episodes such as Kelly's got a Habit (Al on Cops was great) and Stepford Peg were 2 of my favourites, I even liked the Breaking up ones (Kelly doing Rocky was obviously a filler in the first one though) which I may be in the minority with that one

and I think Kelly looked HOT through out too, I know a few people don't like her tatts tho
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

**edit** not sure why the pics have come out like that, if you click on them it shows them properly

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: Season 11

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Got enough Kelly butt shots there? :P

I like season 11. In some ways it's an improvemnt over season 10, but it felt a lot like other sitcoms of the time (the influence of Pamela Eels?). I love The Stepford Peg. And the Al'n'Peg montage in Breaking Up part 3 made me weep like a girl when I first saw it.
Christina's tatts don't bother me. Who doesn't like them?

Should this go in the appropriate season thread...?

al1977
Iggy Bundy

Post by al1977 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:17 am

I just remember reading (on here I think) a few people didn't like them, not sure why??

There are never enough Kelly butt shots

AgentRed
Miss Penza - Bundy

Post by AgentRed » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:26 am

It was nice that they tried to shake things up a bit in season 11 production-wise - things like the Cops scenes in "Kelly's Gotta Habit" and the ER scene in "Requiem For A Chevyweight" brought a breath of fresh air to the show - but like Marriedaniac said, it's a shame that the show lost a lot of its uniqueness in the process, with all those new writers and their mostly-generic humor.

And I agree, this was one of Kelly's hotter seasons. Especially after those awful wigs in season 10...

Buckingham Fountain
Chicken
Your favorite MWC Character: I like em all! XD

Post by Buckingham Fountain » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 am

Haven't seen the entire season. I'm mostly curious about the three-parter where Al and Peggy separate.

It only sucks that when they cancelled the show, they didn't give it a formal finale. Was it just not possible to get Michael Moye and/or Ron Leavitt together for a grand finale? Or could they not have just scraped together some extra cash so the new crew could finish up the series? Either way, it's heartbreaking when reading archived articles that says the show was "denied closure." It truly deserved it, given the miracle of its longevity and the permanent influence it left behind.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Christina had tatoos? Where? Give me pics! I haven't seen season 11 in a while, so I'm not sure I remember that.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

al1977
Iggy Bundy

Post by al1977 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 pm

on her ankles

AgentRed
Miss Penza - Bundy

Post by AgentRed » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:38 pm

There was no proper finale because Fox decided to cancel the show only after they had finished shooting the 11th season.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:43 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Christina had tatoos? Where? Give me pics! I haven't seen season 11 in a while, so I'm not sure I remember that.
Check out Live Nude Peg for a decent shot (she's standing on the scales) but otherwise you have to look for them.

Buckingham Fountain
Chicken
Your favorite MWC Character: I like em all! XD

Post by Buckingham Fountain » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 am

AgentRed wrote:There was no proper finale because Fox decided to cancel the show only after they had finished shooting the 11th season.
It feels like a suspicious gesture to me. Why wait until after the season's production filming? If the new production team had a clue, could 1124 have been re-conceived as the official finale?

For that matter, why other than declining ratings did FOX knock Married... around in different time slots during its final season, and allegedly not advertise it? It's almost as if the new management at the time was ashamed of this show and just wanted to get rid of it. :(

And other than the 2003 reunion special, they never followed-up on the potential of making post-series specials.

AgentRed
Miss Penza - Bundy

Post by AgentRed » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:40 pm

I like to treat the "Breaking Up..." trilogy as the true finale

Way more worthy than 1124...

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

AgentRed wrote:I like to treat the "Breaking Up..." trilogy as the true finale

Oh, Wordy McWord to that.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:27 pm

AgentRed wrote:I like to treat the "Breaking Up..." trilogy as the true finale

When season 11 first aired here in Sweden, I actually thought that was the very last episode(s). It would have worked much better.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 am

AgentRed wrote:And I agree, this was one of Kelly's hotter seasons. Especially after those awful wigs in season 10...
Ironically, season 10 was Bud's hottest season. ;)

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm

I think eleven proved that some real work was done behind the scences to make the show great, because when the great production people left in eleven, you can really see the show fall off.

I didn't know she had tatts either...