for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Starting up a NO MA'AM club

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:17 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Eating drunken pizzas? That really does sound awesome. :D
:) Perhaps I should explain that, if it's not how you say it in English. A favorite meal for people who are drunk in Sweden is pizza. Somehow it tastes better after having had 10 beers during the evening. We call them "Fyllepizzor", maybe drunkpizza's is the correct way to translate it, but that sounds really wrong!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Hey, I've been drunk and eaten pizza(s) before. I prefer burritos now. ;)

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
:) Perhaps I should explain that, if it's not how you say it in English. A favorite meal for people who are drunk in Sweden is pizza. Somehow it tastes better after having had 10 beers during the evening. We call them "Fyllepizzor", maybe drunkpizza's is the correct way to translate it, but that sounds really wrong!
Haha "Fyllepizzor", thats a great name :D

Pizza always tastes better when you're drunk :wink: :lol:

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 am

LetsRock wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:
Haha "Fyllepizzor", thats a great name :D

Pizza always tastes better when you're drunk :wink: :lol:
"Fylle" means drunken then?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 am

Indeed it does, Dr. Shoe.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:35 am

Whoa, I haven't updated with pics in a long time. We've had three meetings since the last pics were posted. Sorry about that! Here's the pics from our pool night in February:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:10 am

That looks like extra cheese. Good man.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:20 am

keep it up chaps!
lol except everyone in this pic (excluding Ed) is gay :mrgreen:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for pics. What kind of pizza is that?

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm

i'd guess chicken&mozarella :P

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

My God. Are Swedes the only people in this world that knows how to eat pizza's? :) It's a kebab pizza and that ain't cheese, it's garlic sauce! Yummmmmmmmmmm!

I've been pretty shocked when I've visited other countries, they don't seem to have a lot to choose from. The standard seem to be pepperoni pizza, especially in the US. In movies and shows, they just call for pizza's with or without extra cheese, I guess that means they'll get a pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. Only place us Swedes have pepperoni pizza's are at Pizza Hut.

The reason pizza is so popular in Sweden is because we have a lot of people from the middle east here, and 99% of the time they are the ones who own the pizza joint you'll visit. It is also the reason kebab is a popular meat to choose on your pizza (it's cow meat, not pig.) A normal menu in Sweden has 50 or so different things to choose from.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 am

Oh we've got everything, if you were here I'd take you on the great American pizza tour. The chains don't have a lot but if you're in the city there's tons of specialty places and mom and pops with their own kind of stuff. Not to mention the regional varieties New York, Philidpelphia Chicago, oh that Chicago deep dish pizza oh that sounds good. I like St. Louis style cause it has a cheese that you can't get anywhere else, its called provel. But yeah pepperoni or sausage is kind of like chocolate or vanilla ice cream, everybody likes it so that's what people get when there's a group cause no ones going to complain that they don't like onions or mushrooms or something. Not me I like everything (except one thing, people love pineapple on pizza, yuck) But I can't say I've eaten one yet smothered in garlic sauce nor have I yet had Kabob pizza. I lived in Holland when I studied abroad and I remember all those kabob places and I bet I ate some kabobish creation every other day, delicious, I bet it'd be pretty good on a pizza.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 am

Oh man, don't get me started on the pineapple thing, what are these people thinking?!?! Bananas has also been known to be put on pizza's. It's crazy and should be against the law. What do you think Al would say to finding fruit on his pizza?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:46 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Oh man, don't get me started on the pineapple thing, what are these people thinking?!?! Bananas has also been known to be put on pizza's. It's crazy and should be against the law. What do you think Al would say to finding fruit on his pizza?

Haha, he'd say "No fruit will ever top my pizza!" Then toss it over into the D'Arcy's yard.