25%
63%

Total votes: 8

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: 522 Goldrausch I /Route 666 I

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:32 am

Another 5 for this season, a strong finish!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 am

PEGGY I know he has money hidden. I've had all three warning signs of "hidden Al money". The
ends of my hair started to tingle. Last night, there was a smile on Daddy's face even
after I kissed him goodnight. And the bacon strips on my Grand Slam breakfast this
morning were in the shape of dollar signs.

BUD You had a Grand Slam breakfast?

PEGGY Oh, didn't I take you two with me? Oh, that's right. I just ordered things you
would like.

KELLY Did I have the sausage, Mom?

PEGGY A double order.

Denny's classic Grand Slam Breakfast, 2 eggs, 2 hotcakes, 2 bacon and 2 sausages.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:41 am

I know! Let's all make a pact to go get one of those!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Yuck, I can't stand eggs. The other stuff looks good! One of the best things I did when I went to the States was to go to a real diner where I had a grilled cheese sandwitch with bacon on and a side-order of fries. I wanted a beer, but they didn't sell beer so I got a big glass of coke instead.

One of the best damn meals I've ever had.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:50 am

I gotta have such a meal when I go back there. Last time I remember being shocked just how big American drinks can get. Their 'small' (from McDonald's) is equivalent to our 'medium'.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Now you're making me want grilled cheeses!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:16 pm

marriedaniac wrote:I gotta have such a meal when I go back there. Last time I remember being shocked just how big American drinks can get. Their 'small' (from McDonald's) is equivalent to our 'medium'.
I was extremely disappointed with their McDonald's meals. After having seen Supersize Me, I expected their biggest to be BIG, they weren't. It's the exact same size and everything as in Sweden. Only difference is that our fries tastes like fried potatoes while in the States it only tastes fried.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:I gotta have such a meal when I go back there. Last time I remember being shocked just how big American drinks can get. Their 'small' (from McDonald's) is equivalent to our 'medium'.
I was extremely disappointed with their McDonald's meals. After having seen Supersize Me, I expected their biggest to be BIG, they weren't. It's the exact same size and everything as in Sweden. Only difference is that our fries tastes like fried potatoes while in the States it only tastes fried.
Do they look different, the fries in Swedish McDonald's?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:
Do they look different, the fries in Swedish McDonald's?
No, they look pretty much the same.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:13 pm

I think it's some sort of law that all 'French' fries look the same no matter what country they're in. :)

"all fried? Even the lettuce?"

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Fried lettuce, I can see it now.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Route 666 is a play on the famous Route 66. 66 was the prefered road for those travling across the United States from Chicago on West from 1920s to the 1960s. You can see where it crosses New Mexico on the map below. People still travel it today mostly to see old Americana, there are still lots of roadside attactions and ruins of attractions to gaze upon but many of the towns and areas that used to be thriving along its lengths are either non-existant or a great deal smaller than when they sprung up around the highway back in 66's hayday. In the late 1950s huge interstate highway systems began to be built which became the preferred route West and they were located away from old Route 66.

Last edited by Dr. Shoe on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:54 am

One of my dreams in life is to take route 66 and see America that way.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:28 pm

The suburb of St. Louis that I grew up in grew around part of 66. That had nothing to do with 66 being there but you could still see these old motels and a few landmarks like this frozen custard place called Ted Drewes that everybody loves and everyone going down 66 will stop and eat there. This is it on a typical night in the Summer, just a constant line. They have the most delicious frozen custard, you can get just all kinds of stuff and the people working there never write anything down. You could have five people order five different things with wierd combinations and they never write it down or even repeat it back to you. Then when they serve it to you they hold it upside down for a second so you can see just how frozen the stuff is. Oh sooooo good. Place has been there since 1929.