News
Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: Wiki

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Marcy Rhoades wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Marcy Rhoades wrote:Ja ok dann mach ich mich.Keine Frage. :) :) :)
Hoffe ich doch, habe dich erst unlängst als wandelndes Bundy-Lexikon bezeichnet.
Als ich das lass musste ich voll lachen.Trotzdem danke für die Betitelung. :) :) :)
Just added the possibility to write articles in two languages - so "Marcy Rhoades" can contribute stuff too.
I'll write a short how-to in the next days.

Habe gerade hinzugefügt, dass man auch in Deutsch Inhalte eingeben kann.
Anleitung erfolgt in ein paar Tagen.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Who has done the Micheal Moye page? *gg*

a) great work
b) haven't created an actor template yet (but you've done it the right way including data)
c) it woud be great if everyone who is doing a bit more in the wiki could register - it's just easier to see who has done what changes and you can do some more things (and if you want you can get more rights)

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Daniel wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:Ok, I don't know how you guys feel about this but I thought just to get the ball rolling I'd steal an article from wikipedia. I just clicked the edit button and coped the text with all that code and stuff attached. I decided to start with a minor article in case you thought it was a bad idea. So I started with Kevin Curran the voice of Buck. http://wiki.albundy.net/Kevin_Curran It took some work cause obviously I didn't want to show links to phantom articles about people that'll never have an article on wikibundy. What do you think good idea? bad idea? The one on wikipedia about Al is kinda screwy but it might not be a bad place to start, you can look at all that wikicode and kind of figure out what you need to do to put what we want in there.
Great work, Dr. Shoe (I already added some more stuff to Kevins page)!

If I find some time this weekend I'll post some tips and how to's (eg. how to upload files and link them, insert templates for episodes (as on the pilot on the left side), how to do links).

I think wikipedia has a lot of info about the show but nothing for thee geeks. Episode Guide, detailed info about the actors.

E.g. where would you go to find out something about the Bundy Couch? Yeas, to the wiki-bundy :)
I started Michael G. Moye http://wiki.albundy.net/Michael_G._Moye its kinda rough, the references don't seem to carry over, I guess the wiki templates are a little different between wikipedia and Bundypedia? So yes tips on how to post references!

Any everyone, you can click on recent changes and you can see what the newest articles are and etc.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Daniel wrote:Who has done the Micheal Moye page? *gg*

a) great work
b) haven't created an actor template yet (but you've done it the right way including data)
c) it woud be great if everyone who is doing a bit more in the wiki could register - it's just easier to see who has done what changes and you can do some more things (and if you want you can get more rights)

Wow, we posted at the same time on Bundynet, how often does that happen!

Is it not showing me as registered? Or is that seperate than my Bundy.net Dr. Shoe registration?

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Hi Dr. Shoe!

So you've been to one :)
Yes the templates have to be created first.
I've done two templates at the moment (characters & episodes) - you can import some dummy data when you create a new page and then choose your template from "Select boilerplate:".

Also I'd recommend not to copy whole sites from other than some pieces and add your own stuff.

I think I'll start a new page this evening "the couch" *gg*

PS: yes you've to register there too (two different databases) than you can also upload pics (left side Toolbox).

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Ok, I'm learning as I go.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm

I don't think Kevin Curran was the voice of Lucky. Buck's voice changed after season 7, I think... I'm trying to pin down an episode. He was definitely the voice for 720 because you see him recording it in the A Day In The Life special.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:44 pm

marriedaniac wrote:I don't think Kevin Curran was the voice of Lucky. Buck's voice changed after season 7, I think... I'm trying to pin down an episode. He was definitely the voice for 720 because you see him recording it in the A Day In The Life special.
Great! I love it if the community isn't sure about something. That's the great thing on a wiki - everybody can track it down and change it.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:02 pm

And go help me to make the most out of my Couch page (http://wiki.albundy.net/Couch) :)

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Daniel wrote:And go help me to make the most out of my Couch page (http://wiki.albundy.net/Couch) :)
I like the accent on "Marý" :)

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:48 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Daniel wrote:And go help me to make the most out of my Couch page (http://wiki.albundy.net/Couch) :)
I like the accent on "Marý" :)
Mee too - that makes the couch so exquisite :)

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 pm

We know all this stuff but it takes work to remember in what episode you learn all this information. I think I might go through the series, or just watch episodes with a mind to take something out of the episode and find a place on wikiBundia for it.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:We know all this stuff but it takes work to remember in what episode you learn all this information. I think I might go through the series, or just watch episodes with a mind to take something out of the episode and find a place on wikiBundia for it.
A wiki takes time.
I was a great fan of Lost and they had a great wiki - with artikel for everything, but of course the built it up while the show was on air.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Yes, and we NO MA'AMers must travel back in time.

Peggy Bundy gave LOST some gravitas.