Wiki

News
Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Wiki

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm

A few days ago I had the idea of creating (or better say - to start) an wiki on this site.
Only for MWC - a reference for just about anything (actors, songs, goofs, references in other shows, props,....). Everyone could contribute stuff.

What do you think? A waste of time or a great thing for fans (or people searching for something)?

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: Wiki

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 am

You know that sounds like a lot of fun, I'd really enjoy adding articles on there. So on the home page would you have like square for the blog, the forum, and Bundypedia?

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:You know that sounds like a lot of fun, I'd really enjoy adding articles on there. So on the home page would you have like square for the blog, the forum, and Bundypedia?
so let's wait what others say.

I've done already a wiki on another page and the problem is, that it's a lot of work.
And with just a few articles nobody will care about it.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

It will be a LOT of work to reference everything (I've pretty much given up on the 'everything' front) and will have to inlcude a LOT to outdo Bundyology. But if everything is cross referenced it would be kinda cool. :)

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

marriedaniac wrote:It will be a LOT of work to reference everything (I've pretty much given up on the 'everything' front) and will have to inlcude a LOT to outdo Bundyology. But if everything is cross referenced it would be kinda cool. :)
there is even very much that is not listet on bundyology.
But I'm sure Andreas doesn't mind if we reference him (including linking if the info is realy only on bundylology)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm imagining articles that explore the whole show, like No Ma'am and then discusses the inception, phases, and activities of No Ma'am, Or Peggy's mother, or Gary Shoes and the Jiggly Room, you could go on and on. I've made articles on the wikipedia before but as Al said, "but this is actually something I know something about."

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

I've never worked on anything for Wikipedia before, but this sounds interesting. There should be such a place on Wikipeda.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

okay, then I'll set up one on the weekend.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Daniel wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:It will be a LOT of work to reference everything (I've pretty much given up on the 'everything' front) and will have to inlcude a LOT to outdo Bundyology. But if everything is cross referenced it would be kinda cool. :)
there is even very much that is not listet on bundyology.
But I'm sure Andreas doesn't mind if we reference him (including linking if the info is realy only on bundylology)
Like I said - a lot to do if we want to include everything. The geek (and complete-ist) in me would love it. :D
Andreas is a very busy man so I'm sure he won't mind too much. (I've been sending him updates via facebook and he checks it when he can.)

Good luck! Happy to help out if need.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

http://wiki.albundy.net

list of all pages: http://wiki.albundy.net/Special:AllPages
list of all categories: http://wiki.albundy.net/Special:Categories

not ready configured not styled yet - but ready to start playing

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm

first page: http://wiki.albundy.net/Pilot (of course not finished)

Question: Who knows how to write wiki-articles? Should I write a short how-to?

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Marcy Rhoades wrote:Nicht schlecht das mit dem Wiki.Würde da auch gerne mitmachen,aber leider kann ich kein englisch. :( :( :(
Ich weiß Marcy - über das mache ich mir schon länger Gedanken.
Das Wiki kann man selber auf Deutsch umstellen... Die Artikel könnten evl. auf Deutsch und Englisch einstellen....

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Marcy Rhoades wrote:Ja ok dann mach ich mich.Keine Frage. :) :) :)
Hoffe ich doch, habe dich erst unlängst als wandelndes Bundy-Lexikon bezeichnet.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:15 am

Ok, I don't know how you guys feel about this but I thought just to get the ball rolling I'd steal an article from wikipedia. I just clicked the edit button and coped the text with all that code and stuff attached. I decided to start with a minor article in case you thought it was a bad idea. So I started with Kevin Curran the voice of Buck. http://wiki.albundy.net/Kevin_Curran It took some work cause obviously I didn't want to show links to phantom articles about people that'll never have an article on wikibundy. What do you think good idea? bad idea? The one on wikipedia about Al is kinda screwy but it might not be a bad place to start, you can look at all that wikicode and kind of figure out what you need to do to put what we want in there.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:Ok, I don't know how you guys feel about this but I thought just to get the ball rolling I'd steal an article from wikipedia. I just clicked the edit button and coped the text with all that code and stuff attached. I decided to start with a minor article in case you thought it was a bad idea. So I started with Kevin Curran the voice of Buck. http://wiki.albundy.net/Kevin_Curran It took some work cause obviously I didn't want to show links to phantom articles about people that'll never have an article on wikibundy. What do you think good idea? bad idea? The one on wikipedia about Al is kinda screwy but it might not be a bad place to start, you can look at all that wikicode and kind of figure out what you need to do to put what we want in there.
Great work, Dr. Shoe (I already added some more stuff to Kevins page)!

If I find some time this weekend I'll post some tips and how to's (eg. how to upload files and link them, insert templates for episodes (as on the pilot on the left side), how to do links).

I think wikipedia has a lot of info about the show but nothing for thee geeks. Episode Guide, detailed info about the actors.

E.g. where would you go to find out something about the Bundy Couch? Yeas, to the wiki-bundy :)