No feuds on the set?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

No feuds on the set?

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 pm

As far as I know, there were never any feuds on the set of Married... With Children. I find that very odd as well as refreshing! Most shows seems to have a few of these with an interesting backstory. Then here is a highly controversial show that went on for 10 years & 11 seasons with no off-set drama.

Also, it seems that they all get along fairly well even after the show ended, with Ed O'neill being a guest star on both Applegate's first sitcoms after MWC (Jesse, where Faustino also made an appearance) and Katey Sagal's 8 Simple Rules. And the way they spoke about each other & the show on the reunion makes me further think that they are friends with each other to this day.

Or am I wrong? :|

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: No feuds on the set?

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:08 pm

You have to read that book - I think it is called "Hollywood Raw" (I'll have a look later). There you'll find the off-set dramas.
Of course nobody knows if it is true or not.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:You have to read that book - I think it is called "Hollywood Raw" (I'll have a look later). There you'll find the off-set dramas.
Could you tell us a little bit about the supposed drama taking place? Did it go on for a long time, was it very serious etc? Details please ;)

I found this just now:

With fame, however, comes the price. While Married with Children made him (Faustino) famous throughout the world, David (along with the rest of the cast) was a target of a the tabloids. Numerous stories and rumours have been published such as David having an affair with his on-screen mother Katey Sagal; he has been accused of starting bar fights and raping younger girls. These are all false. There is one book, namely Hollywood Raw which reveals an interview David took when he was 15 by his then on-set tutor. His Tutor, Joseph Bauer, was the author of the book. Hollywood Raw (published 1990) claimed to be a truth-telling, reveal-all type book. The only true thing about that book was David's interview. David admitted he took that interview when Howard Stern questioned him about it in 1997. Howard also asked him if he'd ever done the deed with any of his female co-stars, particular his on-screen sister Christina Applegate. He said that he hadn't, but did admit that he's "thought about it." David and Christina are very close, as they pretty much grew up together, and consider one another as their "best friend". They still keep in touch with one one another to this day. David, along with Katey Sagal, Amanda Bearse and Ted McGinley attended Christina's wedding on October 20th, 2001. The entire cast reunited for a Reunion Special which aired in February 2003.

So what did David say in that interview? Is the whole book about Married Wth Children? What can he have said at the age of 15?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Yes, it is exactly that book.
There are about 50 pages about DF (and MWC).
As you said it's written by his former tudor.

It's mostly about drugs, girls, "I'm the better actor" fights, guest stars, EON was like a fahter ,... and such things.
Maybe I'll scan some pages for you.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:Yes, it is exactly that book.

It's mostly about drugs, girls, "I'm the better actor" fights, guest stars, EON was like a fahter ,... and such things.
Oh pls pls pls pls pls dp that! I'm sure other people here would love that too!

The "I'm the better actor" stuff sounds interesting, I can imagine that being David/Christina oriented. But drugs, other than a little weed here and there, I'd be shocked! Again I take it that part was just about David...

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:07 am

They probably got any hostility out by just using the dialogue the writers gave them! When I watch the show with people they often comment on how mean the characters are to each other.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:42 am

How'bout them scans? :wink:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

AxelFoley wrote:

Thanks of the reminder.
I'll try to take the book into my work to scan a few pages for you curious, nosy Bundy fans!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:

Thanks of the reminder.
I'll try to take the book into my work to scan a few pages for you curious, nosy Bundy fans!
:) Thanks!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 pm

oh I'd love to see/read that too :P

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:You have to read that book - I think it is called "Hollywood Raw" (I'll have a look later). There you'll find the off-set dramas.
Could you tell us a little bit about the supposed drama taking place? Did it go on for a long time, was it very serious etc? Details please ;)

I found this just now:

With fame, however, comes the price. While Married with Children made him (Faustino) famous throughout the world, David (along with the rest of the cast) was a target of a the tabloids. Numerous stories and rumours have been published such as David having an affair with his on-screen mother Katey Sagal; he has been accused of starting bar fights and raping younger girls. These are all false. There is one book, namely Hollywood Raw which reveals an interview David took when he was 15 by his then on-set tutor. His Tutor, Joseph Bauer, was the author of the book. Hollywood Raw (published 1990) claimed to be a truth-telling, reveal-all type book. The only true thing about that book was David's interview. David admitted he took that interview when Howard Stern questioned him about it in 1997. Howard also asked him if he'd ever done the deed with any of his female co-stars, particular his on-screen sister Christina Applegate. He said that he hadn't, but did admit that he's "thought about it." David and Christina are very close, as they pretty much grew up together, and consider one another as their "best friend". They still keep in touch with one one another to this day. David, along with Katey Sagal, Amanda Bearse and Ted McGinley attended Christina's wedding on October 20th, 2001. The entire cast reunited for a Reunion Special which aired in February 2003.

So what did David say in that interview? Is the whole book about Married Wth Children? What can he have said at the age of 15?
Haha, thanks for quoting me.

I read this book about 12 years ago and it's badly written as well as just crap. It says things like "Christina stood there, swinging her double D's..." and stuff like that. On Howard Stern, David said when you're 15 and someone you thought you knew (or could trust) asks for an interview, you're like "yeah sure whatever," and it was recorded on tape.

I don't have the book anymore (it was lent to me to read). So, Dan, if you've got those scans somewhere, please share! :P

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

I got the book but I have no scans at the time.