Ever have this feeling?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Ever have this feeling?

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:14 am

So I'm wondering if this happens to any other Bundyfans. I was at work today and I was walking past some coworkers talking and I heard one say to another "Marcy D'Arcy." I turned right around and said "Hey are you guys talking about Married...with Children!" Then I said I was the biggest fan they'd ever meet and they asked me a few questions and I gave them way more information than they wanted and they just looked at me in disbelief that I was such a big fan. I thought about it afterward and realized I get that reaction all the time when people first get to know me. II guess kind of look like the bookish type. I've had people say "you look like the kinda guy who drinks wine and listens to classical music." Then people see my picture of the Bundys proudly displayed in my living room and they can't believe it. Ever have anybody be totally confused by your devotion to the greatest show ever produced?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Re: Ever have this feeling?

Post by rdo3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:30 am

i'm suprised when people dont know i'm an mwc fan. i had a kid recomend a great new show he had found. he was suprised when i loaned him some of the dvds. he dosn't know gilligans island or the beverly hillbillies either. i have a seriouse tv education project on my hands, if i can keep from pretending i'm al and he kellies new boyfriend in the middle of the night. "i never knew old people could be so funny.....i mean on purpose" was intended as a compliment. we weren't born old for petes sake.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 am

First of all: I do listen to classic music (but at least I almost never drink alcohol) and I'm a bundy fan :)
It's sometimes funny to me meeting people who know this site here but don't know that this page belongs to me.

But as far as I can say there is no typical Bundy Fan type of human.
The fans are all over the world, mixed up into all educated stratums, and so on.

So it IS often possible to identify a MWC-Fan by just looking at him/her, but not always.

MadBionicleCollector
Cousine Effie
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy!

Post by MadBionicleCollector » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 pm

hmm... Intresting thread! it makes me wonder what's an average/typical bundy fan like?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:00 am

well we have two arms, two legs,but only one head, with a great sense of humor if you see someone with two heads, but only one arm and leg they are probably an ET. but that dosn't automatically make them posers if they have a great sense of humor. if they are just looking for socks they aren't real fans, they just ran out of gas.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 am

I have to say I am all alone here, never met true MWC fan :( And MWC is brocasted here on national TV! :roll:

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Hey Arman, I've never met one either besides you guys. I mean I've met people who like the show but not any who are real hardcore fans like us. Hey but if you do run into one you'll be fast friends.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:59 am

Same here. The general public in Poland thinks that the show is plain stupid, with bad comedy, bad acting and bad everything (a "piece of crap", as some might call it). The MWC copy, "Świat według Kiepskich" ("The World According to the Kiepscys") is way more popular, and as far as I can remember, no MWC references were made or no acknowledgements of the show, but if you'd seen it, you could pick out a few similarities.

But back on topic: aside from the fact that to an innocent bystander MWC is crap and a taboo topic, I have met people that like the show but aren't hardcore fans (a few of my friends watch it casually and they ask me about episodes and such), and I've met truly hardcore fans like me, but there are very few of them.

Also, I've met fans that are TOO hardcore, creating little elite NO MA'AM societies and thinking they are better fans than everybody else. I mean, NO MA'AM is elite, but not to the Al Bundy fan, right? But this is a loooong story...

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:25 am

Wait, I gotta hear about this - "elite NO MA'AM" people who think they are better fans? What is that all about? Being a Bundy fan pretty much makes you a regular guy doesn't it? Can you be a snobbish fan of a show about losers?

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Dr. Trumaine wrote:Wait, I gotta hear about this - "elite NO MA'AM" people who think they are better fans? What is that all about? Being a Bundy fan pretty much makes you a regular guy doesn't it? Can you be a snobbish fan of a show about losers?
:) :D

MadBionicleCollector
Cousine Effie
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy!

Post by MadBionicleCollector » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:39 am

Dr. Trumaine wrote:Wait, I gotta hear about this - "elite NO MA'AM" people who think they are better fans? What is that all about? Being a Bundy fan pretty much makes you a regular guy doesn't it? Can you be a snobbish fan of a show about losers?
Yeah sure why not :P

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:07 am

Where's Axel on this? I'd like him to weigh in.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Dr. Trumaine wrote:Where's Axel on this? I'd like him to weigh in.
I'm here, sorry, haven't worked out the RSS feed thing :x

I know some casual fans of the show that will tune in from time to time, but no real hardcore fans like me. The biggest Bundy fan other than me that I've ever met is my mom :) She introduced it to me.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:The biggest Bundy fan other than me that I've ever met is my mom :) She introduced it to me.
I've spent the last couple of hours looking through old posts and I just have to say... I love your mum! :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:56 am

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote:The biggest Bundy fan other than me that I've ever met is my mom :) She introduced it to me.
I've spent the last couple of hours looking through old posts and I just have to say... I love your mum! :)
:) Yeah she's pretty damn cool, I must say! Keep looking through old posts and post your thoughts, this forum needs as much activity as possible ;)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398