for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Fan Favorites DVD - What the hell?!

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Marrie ... DVDs/12584

Apparently they are going to release a Fan Favorite DVD of Married... With Children, the collection will consist of 9 episodes, but they are ALL from the FIRST season! What the hell? 4 more episodes and you have the complete first season!

This must be the most useless set ever released on DVD.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: Fan Favorites DVD - What the hell?!

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 am

I'd have to agree with you. Lame.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:38 am

Yes, that's Sony :) - in the german language we say "man muss die Kuh melken solange sie milch gibt" (you've got to milk the cow as long as it has milk - sorry don't have the right english saying for it).
Get as much money out of it as you can make.

It's the second time Sony does this with MWC.
I remember the first two "Best of" DVDs - I bought them (of course) - and then they released every season (of course I bought them) - and then they released all seasons together...

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I also have the Best of Bundy set with the 2 DVD's, they are good, with good episodes from various seasons. It's a good beginners-pack. But this one? Wow.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:29 am

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:Yes, that's Sony :) - in the german language we say "man muss die Kuh melken solange sie milch gibt" (you've got to milk the cow as long as it has milk - sorry don't have the right english saying for it).

I remember the first two "Best of" DVDs - I bought them (of course) - and then they released every season (of course I bought them) - and then they released all seasons together...
Actually Daniel I think we have the same expression. We say, "You've got to milk it for all its worth." Does that sound right? Could have come from Germany easily.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:Yes, that's Sony :) - in the german language we say "man muss die Kuh melken solange sie milch gibt" (you've got to milk the cow as long as it has milk - sorry don't have the right english saying for it).

Actually Daniel I think we have the same expression. We say, "You've got to milk it for all its worth." Does that sound right? Could have come from Germany easily.
Thanks for this side trip into the english language - it's always great to get some new phrases.

als-socks
Ephraim Wanker
Your favorite MWC Character: AL

Post by als-socks » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 pm

It sounds like garbage,I would rather record episodes off sat tv,and edit the commercials out myself.