Page 15 of 21

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm
by marriedaniac

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:34 pm
by Al Bumby....?!?!?
Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:35 pm
by Dr. Shoe
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote:Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d


I don't get it.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 am
by Al Bumby....?!?!?
Dr. Shoe wrote:
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote:Check this guy out. He took a Jefferson action figure (in blue jumpsuit from the "shop around" episode), removed the white tag on the chest and added a plastic camera. He is now "tv camera man". Classic. Lol. I wonder if he comes in "original wrapping" as well. Only $7.99 though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TV-Camera-Man-a ... 53fd30dc7d


I don't get it.



Lol. I'm assuming that your serious about not getting it so here goes...look up classic toys Jefferson action figure and you will find the whole line of Mwc action figures. There's a Marcy and Jefferson in matching blue jumpsuits. This guy took that Jefferson figure and added a camera and called him tv camera man. If you were just joking about not getting it then please ignore my insane tirade and continue on with your day, nothing to see here.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:46 am
by Shoe Dick
I think he's getting that part. What we both aren't getting (I guess) is who the hell "Camera guy" is and why someone would do such a thing.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:04 pm
by marriedaniac
I think the confusion may lie in whether the similarity with the Jefferson doll is intentional or not, and whether they're made by the same manufacturer (I assume so.) Also, why would anyone want a TV camera man action figure? :lol:

Here is a pic of the Jefferson doll:

Image

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:01 pm
by Shoe Dick
Oh, I thought the Camera Man was custom made. A lot of people do that.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:19 pm
by marriedaniac
It could be.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:01 pm
by Spare Tire Dixon
It's likely that the company simply reused the tooling, or had a bunch of leftover Jeffersons to clear out. :idea:

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:26 am
by Dr. Shoe
Oh ok, I get it. Yeah, I own all the action figures. I thought some guy took a Jefferson, stuck a camera in his hand, and called him camera guy. I, like Shoe Dick, was thinking "why?" So this was actually a surplus Jefferson they found another use for. Weird. Bumby, how in the world did you find that?

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:40 pm
by Al Bumby....?!?!?
Dr. Shoe wrote:Oh ok, I get it. Yeah, I own all the action figures. I thought some guy took a Jefferson, stuck a camera in his hand, and called him camera guy. I, like Shoe Dick, was thinking "why?" So this was actually a surplus Jefferson they found another use for. Weird. Bumby, how in the world did you find that?


Shoe it was pure luck. I was searching that guys store because he had some pretty cool custom toys and boom, there was Jefferson with a camera. I was literally yelling at the screen calling this guy a fucking scammer. Lol.It says exclusive in the photo, so me being the jerk that I am, was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to. I have Al's temper I guess. :evil: Anyways, I jealous that you have the whole set shoe. I currently own none of them :( Well, on the bright side, I still have 13 action figures to collect. Yay!

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:39 am
by Dr. Shoe
Its amazing how you can just happen upon stuff like that. Thanks for sharing it. Yeah, I bought the 13 in a lot about 4 years ago. There were a few lots listed at the time. Maybe not so common now. I'd like to see the original packaging on "camera guy" myself.

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:44 pm
by marriedaniac
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote: was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to.


You should. :)

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:27 pm
by Shoe Dick
marriedaniac wrote:
Al Bumby....?!?!? wrote: was going to ask this guy for a pic of the figure in original packaging. I calmed down enough to realize it really didn't matter and decided not to.


You should. :)

Do it!

Re: MWC Ebay Find

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 pm
by Al Bumby....?!?!?
Were any of you the winners of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-McFarlan ... 7675.l2557