My MWC Autograph Card Collection

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

My MWC Autograph Card Collection

Post by Gucd231 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:14 am

I wanted to update a project I've been working on for the last few years. It all started off with a chance to get the main cast of the show to autograph an item. I make custom cards and figured it would be really cool to get something I made I signed by the cast. The signing took place over a few months and all of my cards were returned to me each time by the promoter of the signing . I now had Ed O'Neill, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate, David Faustino, Amanda Bearse, and Ted McGinley. I really wanted to complete the main cast set so I decided to make a few cards and send them off David Garrison's agent. A few months later they were returned to me and my main cast set was now complete. It was so kind of Mr. Garrison to sign my cards I was truly thankful. I thought why not try this for a few other cast members as well. I signed up to a site that helped track celebrities so I could send them my cards and a fan letter. I was successful in getting most of them back, but soon they stopped getting returned and it was getting costly sending with none coming back. I moved on to sending the cards to fellow collectors I'm friendly with so they could be signed at shows. I was only getting so far and there were a few celebrities that passed away that I could just never obtain this way. I began removing the signed stickers from certified trading cards and putting them on my own creations. I found there were so many signed cards that weren't on stickers that I wanted to add to my collection. I decided to seek out cut signatures and certified trading cards of actors and actresses that had a brief appearance on the show. Some of the cut signatures came from photos, books, envelopes, Playbill's, index cards, etc. I was also lucky enough to be able to send a few cards to the fellow who handles Ed O'Neill's signings. I made 8 cards that Ed signed and inscribed for me. This was a paid service through a private signing and worth every penny!

While it's not completed and may very well never be, I do believe it's the most comprehensive set ever assembled with over 150 autographs.

Enjoy the show!!!

Feel free to checkout my site http://www.marriedwithchildrenfan.com/ for all my other Married with Children Collectibles.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Re: My MWC Autograph Card Collection

Post by rdo3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 pm

quite a collection. I notice on one card it's signed al bundy playing ed oneil lol.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks!

Yeah he signed my first card with the character name first. I didn't think much of it until I put the main cast together and it looked out of place. When Ed had the private signing I made another and he nailed it.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

A beat up self addressed bubble mailer showed up in my mailbox today. I have a few unanswered requests out there, so I had no idea who it was until I opened it. I sent a few cards out to Mr. Dan Tullis this same time last year. My first package was kicked back to me as unknown address. I dug a little deeper and came up with another possible address for Mr. Tullis. This was one the first rounds I sent out in hopes of a response almost a year ago. I figured maybe it was lost or he just didn't want to sign it...who knows? I'm not absent minded to the possibility that some celebrities refuse to embrace certain characters or roles they once portrayed for whatever reason. I don't think this was the case though as two business style cards were included. From the looks of the bubble mailer I'd say my Post person found it underneath their seat 10 months later. In any case a huge thanks to the classy Cop and NO'MAAM member Officer Dan for signing my custom cards.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:25 pm

A handful of new Married with Children cut cards I was able to find signatures for. Flaherty is from one of my favorite episodes titled "Tooth or Consequences." He has an hysterical phone conversation that can make any collector cringe, it's posted below.

Dr. PLIERSON [He picks up the phone] What do you want? I got a dying man in the chair! [Al looks worried] No! Absolutely not! No! ... She's already got it... She's got them to. [Al nods knowingly] baseball card collection? Oh no, I'll give her the 150 bucks it's worth... She wants the cards? Why?... Because she knows I like them. Well, you tell her to take those cards and I hope she chokes on them!

He slams down the phone and walks back over to the chair.

Dr. PLIERSON Ooh! I love those cards! I spent my whole life collecting those cards!

AL Hey Doc, I think the novocaine is starting wear to off a little bit...

Dr. PLIERSON Shut up, Bundy! Just shut up! Oh, I'm so mad, I'm shaking!

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:31 pm

That is an incredible colletion you have there!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:45 pm

Damn, this is epic! Congrats on an awesome collection!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 am

I'm totally drawing blank on that second guy in a lab coat. Dr. Kessler? Which episode is that? I'm embarrassed to admit it! Awesome collection! Actually, its freaking incredible!

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks everyone!

The episode is "User Friendly" Dr. Shoe.

A few more additions.

Willam Utay in Episode "Bud hits the books" as The Dean.

Joe Bob Briggs as Billy Ray Wetnap.

A little background on the JBB's autograph choice. I've been searching for something signed by John Bloom AKA Joe Bob Briggs for my MWC collection to turn into a cut. He played "Billy Ray Wetnap" on a few episodes of MWC. I managed to snag a signed 8x10 on Ebay for a cool $9 dlvd. There's a similar signed photo still up there for a mere $500. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone going to the small Con he was appearing at in Texas early last month, so it was a decent alternative. Mr. Briggs has a website with a gift shop, but won't sign anything unless it's in person. Anyways the photo arrives and I gave it a quick look over to verify the signature as best I can. I don't mind chopping up photos especially ones that are personalized. There was a card behind the bagged and boarded photo. I figured it was just a COA the seller included with it. It was actually a nice note on JBB's note stock to the same fella Jim with a perfect signature at the bottom. This was one of the better surprises I've had in a while. I contemplated not chopping it up, but the fact that it was smaller and I could keep the card in vertical style was too tempting.

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:08 am

Congrats for this extraordinary collection...and thats for sharing with us 8O :wink:
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks Officer Dan!

Two new adds for the collection.

I finally found a decently priced Giovanni Ribisi sticker auto, and a fairly good photo shot to make the card.

I was searching for a Brandi Brandt cut auto to make a "Miss October 1987" card with. Considering they titled and created an entire episode the former POTM I wanted to add her in the collection. After looking on the Ebay I found a few items that were being offered personalized by her. Turns out she sells some handmade jewelry as well a signed photos there. After some chat she agreed to custom make an auction and sign some cards for me at fair cost. She was very sweet the entire time and even sent a gift as I sent her a few extra cards for herself.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:09 pm

Wow, thats some collection! 8O

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon May 20, 2019 4:18 am

Is there anybody you haven't gotten that you're really trying to find?

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks Fellas!

I would really like to get a Sam Kinison cut autograph, but there's so many fakes and his signature was never very small in stature to fit in a card. I am hoping to get a nice Matt LeBlanc autograph soon.

I've added a bunch more since this last post....enjoy!

Another Anthrax band member...the hungry one!

Sugar Ray completes the sports star autograph trio from "Just Shoe it."

Bo Knows MWC!

Renee has a twin sister named Rosie who also makes an appearance in this episode.
I was only able to distinguish them apart by Griff calling out "Marla" in the scene. it didn't help her sisters name was "Carla."

I didn't realize he played "Tony" in Bull Durham.

Soo.. many girls that went on to Benchwarmers.

The cut makes this one look comical, as well as slap she lays on Tim Conway.

And the big addition of the group....

Shannon Tweed

Kari Whurer

Brandy Ledford

Larry Brown

Rhonda Aldrich

Elaine Hendrix

Garrett Morris

Edward Hibbert

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 pm

This is an A M A Z I N G collection and neat idea!