MWC Spinoffs

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:38 pm

I'll try to look around for episodes of Top of the Heap, see if I can come up with anything.

But I would get pretty mad, if I had attended a taping of MwC, only to see an episode not centered on the Bundys, just a spinoff attempt...

EDIT:
goehno wrote:I heard in, for example in "Radio free trumaine", David Faustino had some guest appearances.
Where have you heard that? "Radio Free Trumaine" never spun off, so obviously, aside from Faustino's appearance on the MwC episode itself, he couldn't guest star in another one...
Last edited by Panek on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:57 pm

Yeah tell me about it, I would have been pissed as well.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

goehno
Cousin Eb

Post by goehno » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:55 am

Panek wrote:I'll try to look around for episodes of Top of the Heap, see if I can come up with anything.

But I would get pretty mad, if I had attended a taping of MwC, only to see an episode not centered on the Bundys, just a spinoff attempt...

EDIT:
goehno wrote:I heard in, for example in "Radio free trumaine", David Faustino had some guest appearances.
Where have you heard that? "Radio Free Trumaine" never spun off, so obviously, aside from Faustino's appearance on the MwC episode itself, he couldn't guest star in another one...
I think I have already been corrected

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Does anybody know if any of those non-MWC spinoff episodes have any of the Bundys in them?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:26 pm

I don't know, but I doubt it. Haven't seen them being credited anything for that on their IMDb filmography.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber

Post by Panek » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:30 pm

While Googling around to find a spot to get the "Top of the Heap" episodes, I've found out that there was a show called "Vinnie & Bobby" (where Vinnie is no longer living with his father), which is a spin-off from "Top of the Heap".

Thought some of you would be interested.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:25 pm

A spinoff of a failed spinoff? That's crazy. That's gotta be a first. I wouldn't put it past FOX they have a knack for being brilliant and really stupid at times. They never cease to amaze me.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber

Post by Panek » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Yes. I was very amazed by that, too. I wonder what FOX saw in the Vinnie Verducci franchise, that they decided to give it another try, after "Top of the Heap" failed (the MwC episode was very boring, so I can't even image how the series could be)

A list of episodes, from TV.com:

1 "Full Heap" 5/30/1992
2 "It's in the Bag" 6/6/1992
3 "Killer Shiller" 6/13/1992
4 "Vinnie Gets Sued" 6/20/1992
5 "The Belli Ache" 6/27/1992
6 "Spring is in the Air" 7/4/1992
7 "The Credit Card" 7/11/1992

Also, while randomly looking around, I found out that Ron Leavitt's wife starred in this series.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:46 am

No guys, you've gotthat all wrong. They simply just changed the name of the show from Top of the Heap to Vinnie & Bobby. Altogether I think there were 12 episodes made of the show.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber

Post by Panek » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:53 am

Are you sure? Top of the Heap episodes (as I have found on IMDb) have totally different names.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:23 am

Exactly what do you mean by the episodes having different names? Aren't they supposed to? ;)

I could be wrong, I don't remember where I got the info from but it was a reliable source.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber

Post by Panek » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:53 am

AxelFoley wrote:Exactly what do you mean by the episodes having different names? Aren't they supposed to? ;)
You said that they changed the show's name to "Vinnie & Bobby", and it's the same thing as "Top of the Heap". If it is, then it's episode names should be the same, but they're different from "TotH". But of course, they could just change that, too.

Also, someone asked if any MwC appeared on a spin-off series - AFAIK Ed O'Neill, David Faustino and Christina Applegate had appearances on "TotH".

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:08 am

They did? Are you sure they didn't just appear on the pilot episode?

About the episodes, well Vinnie & Bobby was still the same show that just took a different direction, therefore the change of the name of the show I guess.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber

Post by Panek » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:13 am

AxelFoley wrote:They did? Are you sure they didn't just appear on the pilot episode?
From what I have read, they had some minor appearances (probably a few lines) in the episodes following the pilot. But I may be wrong on this, so if anybody has more info, please correct me.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:15 am

Yeah any new info on this would be great, thanks.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008