The Worst Noel Question

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

The Worst Noel Question

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:35 pm

I was watching Season 8's Christmas episode 0813 The Worst Noel yesterday. There is a part where Al is heading upstairs and for some reason he looks directly at the camera and says to the viewer "And I hate this commercial!" This occurs right before the show would have broken for a commercial. Its so rare that Al would speak directly to the audience. Does anybody know if a specific commercial was on FOX that night or what it might have been?

edinstven
Wanker Drilling

Re: The Worst Noel Question

Post by edinstven » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:20 am

Dr. Trumaine wrote:I was watching Season 8's Christmas episode 0813 The Worst Noel yesterday. There is a part where Al is heading upstairs and for some reason he looks directly at the camera and says to the viewer "And I hate this commercial!" This occurs right before the show would have broken for a commercial. Its so rare that Al would speak directly to the audience. Does anybody know if a specific commercial was on FOX that night or what it might have been?
did you find out something meanwhile? or someone else?

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:08 am

No, no one ever got back to me on that. Its still a mystery to me.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:12 am

i watched that one not long ago. he and peg were fighting over who got to hold the tv remote. peg hates everything al wants to watch, and al hates everything peg wants to watch. peg says al flips to fast, and peg flips to slow for al. almost every channel is showing "it's a wonderful life" because of christmas. al hates it's a wonderful life. peg found a comerical for country music and peg knew and liked all the songs. al was telling peg he hated that comercial i think.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:22 pm

But he's looking right at the camera, then there's a commercial break. It can't be coincidence. I think either they were just using the Com break as part of the joke or there was a specific commercial on Fox that night that Al would not have liked. I don't think it was just that he didn't like Peg's commercial.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:58 pm

No mysteries here I guess, Al just hates commercials like we all do and it was a joke on them.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:26 am

I've to watch that episode.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Yea, lets see what the current President of NO MA'AM thinks before we go reaching any hasty conclusions!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re:

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:But he's looking right at the camera, then there's a commercial break. It can't be coincidence. I think either they were just using the Com break as part of the joke or there was a specific commercial on Fox that night that Al would not have liked. I don't think it was just that he didn't like Peg's commercial.
I watched the episode today and I just took it as an inside joke to what they were fighting about in the episode previous to the event. Al hates everything, leaves the couch and then adds that he hates the upcoming commercial. I'm sure there was nothing special they had in mind, I doubt they'd have any idea whatsoever exactly what commercial was going to be on while they were filming.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398