MWC Cast Signed Football Find!

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

MWC Cast Signed Football Find!

Post by Gucd231 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:05 pm

I found this cool item on Ebay about a week ago and worked a Buy-it-now deal with the seller. The signatures are a little faded but still show very well. For what it's worth I was told it was given to the seller buy a friend who worked on the show. Either way the signatures look spot on and I'm very happy to own this piece. I am trying to date it and the fact that it bears "Jefferson" makes it no younger than Nov 25th 1990, but probably a bit newer.

The seller stated the ball did not hold air, but kept it's shape. I decided to get a little "hands on" and attempt the repair myself. I know there's places that will do this for you, but I was leary about anyone handling the ball with the signatures. I purchased a really cheap Wilson ball on ebay for $11.70 shipped and a Rawlings leather stitching tool for $7 shipped. I re used the same laces to keep it looking as it did. I took a few pics as I was dismantling the ball and replacing the bladder. It took about an hour in total and less than $20.

And the finished ball with signatures.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: MWC Cast Signed Football Find!

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:07 pm

Cool! Signatures look real. Be good if you can get a date for this, and where and why it was signed. Nice repair work. (In that I don't understand what you've repaired but it looks good :) )

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:17 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Cool! Signatures look real. Be good if you can get a date for this, and where and why it was signed. Nice repair work. (In that I don't understand what you've repaired but it looks good :) )
Thanks! Who knows if I'll ever get any more info on it, but I will update if I do. It would be great to be able to contact celebrities about items they signed.

I replaced the air bladder inside the football that keeps the ball inflated. The blue plastic looking bag in front of the ball was ripped. I purchased a new ball and used the heavier rubber bladder to replace it. I couldn't stand to have my ball flat!
Last edited by Gucd231 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:27 pm

I have to admit: very cool :roll:

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Daniel wrote:I have to admit: very cool :roll:
Thanks Daniel.