MWC References in Pop Culture

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:44 pm

Haven't noticed that, I've seen the show before but not followed it that good. I plan on buying the seasons at some point though. I think you're right, the whole character in some way resembles Al. A slob husband who tries to hide things from his wife or she'll ruin whatever it is he has planned etc.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:07 am

Ok I watched That 70's Show Season 7 Episode 4 "Beast of Burden." Eric is kind of being a bum, laying around the house and not working, and his father, Red, says "You're going to wind up selling women's shoes." Clearly a reference to Al. This is not a typical profession to make fun of in America. Well maybe post-MWC it is but before that it wasn't.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: MWC References in Pop Culture

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Ok I was listening to one of my favorite political pod-casts, Radio Derb, with John Derbyshire. This was a few weeks ago, and he often will talk in brief about newstories and sometimes he'll play a song to lead into his discussion. Well he was getting ready to talk about that nut in California that dressed like Santa Claus, made a flame thrower, and killed his family, and he played...you guessed it the theme from Psycho Dad!

What is wierd was that it wasn't the same musicians as on MWC it was covered by somebody else and it was very high quality. I don't know who it was.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Too bad, a better quality version of the song would be nice.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:20 am

Ok, John Derbyshire is definately a NO MA'AMer. I was listening to his Feb 13th podcast today and he was running down newsitems and the woman in California with the octuplets came up. He said this:

"Octo-mom. come on sing along with Derb. You Married...with Children fans know the tune already...

Who's the gal who pushed out eight?
Did it all without a mate.
Expenses paid for by the state.
Octo-mom! Octo-mom! Octo-mom!"

Meelis
Miss Penza - Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al,Kelly and Jefferson

Post by Meelis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:17 pm

On 'That '70s Show' in some episode Red said to Eric ''Your going to end up selling women shoes''.
If I find what episode its in I'll edit this post.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Meelis wrote:On 'That '70s Show' in some episode Red said to Eric ''Your going to end up selling women shoes''.
Dr. Shoe already mentioned this a few posts above yours :wink:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Meelis wrote:On 'That '70s Show' in some episode Red said to Eric ''Your going to end up selling women shoes''.
Nice catch anyway Meelis. 8)

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 am

On King of The Hill season 3 episode 12 Hank Hill has a flashback to his high school football championship. He played for the Cougars, they had blue and white uniforms, and he was #33.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:Ok, John Derbyshire is definately a NO MA'AMer. I was listening to his Feb 13th podcast today and he was running down newsitems and the woman in California with the octuplets came up. He said this:

"Octo-mom. come on sing along with Derb. You Married...with Children fans know the tune already...

Dude. That's awesome.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 am

marriedaniac wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:Ok, John Derbyshire is definately a NO MA'AMer. I was listening to his Feb 13th podcast today and he was running down newsitems and the woman in California with the octuplets came up. He said this:

Dude. That's awesome.
I thought I posted it one here already but I don't see it, anyway I was on your site the other day and I found an article by none other than John Derbyshire.
The link: http://www.albundy.net/marriedaniac/mwc ... s/nro.html

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:48 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:On King of The Hill season 3 episode 12 Hank Hill has a flashback to his high school football championship. He played for the Cougars, they had blue and white uniforms, and he was #33.
I'm on season 12 of King of The Hill and in EVERY episode where there is a football flashback Hank has a # 33 jersey on. There was even an episode in season 12 where his state championship game team played the opposing team though it had been 20 years prior. I remember there was an MWC like that, but at least King of The Hill gives credit for it. Unlike some other shows *cough* (Sienfeld).

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:

Dude. That's awesome.
I thought I posted it one here already but I don't see it, anyway I was on your site the other day and I found an article by none other than John Derbyshire.
The link: http://www.albundy.net/marriedaniac/mwc ... s/nro.html
:D

Hooray! I'm helping! </Zoidberg>

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 am

I've been watching Psych on Netflix and in 1:16 the killer's name is Alice Bundy. Could be reference to Ted Bundy...but they named her ALice so I though maybe its a reference.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:16 am

How about a double reference?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008