What MWC item would you have signed?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: What MWC item would you have signed?

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Gucd231 wrote:It depends on what your having signed and if you want an inscription, but here's base US prices.

David Faustino $25
Ed O'Neill $60
Christina Applegate $60
60? That's nothing. Shipping would be expensive though, with tracking and insurance and possible customs. Still very doable.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm

The signed script thing has never appealed to me. What do you do with it? Set it out on the coffee table?

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:The signed script thing has never appealed to me. What do you do with it? Set it out on the coffee table?
Sooo.... what would you get signed?

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:11 pm

$60-80 seems to be about the price for an in-person autograph or photo at Comic Con. Hmm

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:The signed script thing has never appealed to me. What do you do with it? Set it out on the coffee table?
Frame it or keep it someplace very safe. Same thing with signed books.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 pm

A ways back I received word from a couple of friendly collectors about a MWC cast signing that was being done through Official Pix. I normally make custom cards for other collectors to get signed. I've even sent them directly to this company for others before this. I didn't think it would ever be possible to have the cast sign something I made before this opportunity was offered. I'm really not a signed photograph guy which is really all that's available cast wise. The idea of having my own signed set from one of my most favorite shows ever was too much to ignore.

The "Married with Children" cast signing started with Ted McGinley back in April and most recently ended with Amanda Bearse in late December. In between Ed O'Neill, Christina Applegate, David Faustino, and Katey Sagal signings also took place. I decided to go with an older version of the Bundy Family as that's how I remember them best. A really huge factor in making these cards special was the option of having the cards signed with their character names. A big thanks to Chris Wyman at Official Pix for taking this on.

The whole experience gave me a bit more insight as to why collectors go to the lengths they do to add these kind of personal items to their collections. It was eye opening as sometimes I forget about the passion of collecting while getting wrapped with the design and building aspects of my customs. I was in constant torment thinking will Ed sign just "Al" or "Al Bundy" like I wanted? Will the package make it there only to get lost on it's trip back to me? What good is a partial set? There's plenty who will browse this thread and not think much of it, as do I when viewing great items that just don't appeal to me. Then every once in a while I'll see a collectors item that drops my jaw and inspires me. Maybe this will serve as someone else's inspiration.

I plan on making this a continuity collection adding guest appearance characters as I go along. I have a TTM out already to Mr. David Garrison.....fingers crossed! I think he's in France. I also have a few cards I made up already that I plan using my "autograph sticker relocation process" on. I will update this post with those and any new additions. Thanks for the long read if you made it this far.

Al Bundy

Peg Bundy

Kelly Bundy

Bud Bundy

Marcy D'Arcy

Jefferson D'Arcy

The backs are all the same with different serial numbers.

For the completist in me I also opted to have these signed.

Marcy Rhoades

Grandmaster "B"

Group shot

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Wow, that is so awesome! The holy grail for me would be a cast photo signed by everyone, I think.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:04 am

Wait, is that seriously a piece of the original couch? That’s like taking off a slice of the Shroud of Turin. Or is that just a picture.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:Wow, that is so awesome! The holy grail for me would be a cast photo signed by everyone, I think.
Thanks! The same company who I was able to get my cards signed with is offering cast signed photos from all the characters. Here's a link if interested http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=119

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:Wait, is that seriously a piece of the original couch? That’s like taking off a slice of the Shroud of Turin. Or is that just a picture.
NO, It's just a design I reworked and made for the back of each card. It's only a photo.