Shoe Dick's collection of Married With Children memorabilia

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Shoe Dick's collection of Married With Children memorabi

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon May 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Here’s something I think you’ll all enjoy, the reason behind the creation of the character we all know and love, presented to us in the sixth season of Married… With Children – Grandmaster B. I present to you, the 12-inch single of David Faustino's called “I Told Ya” (From the Balistyx Compilation):

As you can see, it’s still sealed in pretty good condition except for a tear near one of the top corners. Despite being a 12-inch single, there’s no indication that there’s any other songs on it, they only show credits for I Told Ya with no other info on possible remixes and such. Since I don’t want to open this (being sealed and all) maybe someone else here knows what else is on it and could tell us.

David Faustino, or “D”-LIL which is his chosen rap name, wrote the following on the Thank You-section on the back of the record:

David Faustino (“D” LIL) would like to thank the Schwartz family – Robert Gavin, Rainbow Borden, Dan Eisenstein, Clinton Engler, and Brian Green. Zsolt Varadi (for bein’ down since day 1), Lou Adler (for making it possible), Nic Adler & Quany’q, The Outlaw Posse – Bobby Jacoby, and Jairo Rogue. Greg Mack, Deezer D, Pirate from Basset, Rally and the boys from the Westside, Kid Frost, Fila Phil, Mark Moss (for protecting my little ass), Tony G, The Eisenstein family, Harry, Boom Boom, Doc and Dox Haus Mob, Dirty-D, Scottie, Poet Society, D.J. Speed, everyone at KDay Radio, Poorman, Kroq, Frank Lozano, Jay Thomas, PWR 106, Rick Dees, Bruce Vidal, MagicMatt KIIS F.M., Phil Trucki, (for the knowledge), Marsha Gleeman, Elizabeth Much, Wilkinson/Lipsman, Booh Schut and staff, Mike Nally, Ron Leavitt, Michael Moye, and everyone else at Married… With Children, cast and crew, who made it possible for me to do this. And everyone else out there I forgot, thank you! Special thanks go to my whole family, and especially my mom and dad, I love you, and above all God.

A video of the song was made and is available to view on Youtube, check it out below if you haven’t seen it already:

Say what you want about the whole project and his rapping, but I think the song is actually pretty damn catchy, the beats are good and I think Faustino’s flow is not that bad! Here are better scans of the front and back cover fo the 12-inch single, click to enlarge:

Image Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue May 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Li'l D standing tall at 5 foot 3... yeahhh :)

I bought the Balistyx CD a while back. I don't know about the single (it's cool you got a sealed one!) but the album has a "I Told Ya" remix.

Speaking of MWC alumni music, you need the Group With No Name LP with vinatge Katey Sagal:

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

marriedaniac wrote:I bought the Balistyx CD a while back. I don't know about the single (it's cool you got a sealed one!) but the album has a "I Told Ya" remix.
So there was a CD as well? I will definitely have to get that, never heard there was one before.
marriedaniac wrote:Speaking of MWC alumni music, you need the Group With No Name LP with vinatge Katey Sagal:

:) Yeah I'll have to get that one as well, I reckon.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue May 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:I bought the Balistyx CD a while back. I don't know about the single (it's cool you got a sealed one!) but the album has a "I Told Ya" remix.
So there was a CD as well? I will definitely have to get that, never heard there was one before.
Yep: http://www.albundy.net/marriedaniac/buddom/fullbio.html

Meh, that just reminds me I haven't uploaded pics yet.

Anyway, the cover looks like:

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:Here’s something I think you’ll all enjoy, the reason behind the creation of the character we all know and love, presented to us in the sixth season of Married… With Children – Grandmaster B. I present to you, the 12-inch single of David Faustino's called “I Told Ya” (From the Balistyx Compilation):
http://www.discogs.com/David-Faustino-D ... se/1716441

This isn't that bad actually. I like oldschool hiphop/rap (up to the mid-90's I guess), and David's song has a good flow to it and the beat is awesome in my opinion. Pretty good stuff to listen to.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Panek wrote: http://www.discogs.com/David-Faustino-D ... se/1716441

This isn't that bad actually. I like oldschool hiphop/rap (up to the mid-90's I guess), and David's song has a good flow to it and the beat is awesome in my opinion. Pretty good stuff to listen to.
Word, I love old-school rap, before it became commercial garbage like it is today.

Thanks for the track list, I should have thought of that! My friend is a big contributor to that site.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:58 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Word, I love old-school rap, before it became commercial garbage like it is today.

Thanks for the track list, I should have thought of that! My friend is a big contributor to that site.
Yeah, me too! Being a vinyl record collector (already got close to a hundred records - not that much compared to other people, but going strong!) I decided to add David's record to my wantlist. I'm gonna buy it soon :)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 am

As previously mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3672, I met the guy who told Kelly to "put out or get out" this summer. I met him at the London Film & Comic Con, where he was one of the guests attending.

As you can see, I chose to make an own picture to get signed, so that it would go better with my MWC collection, because there wasn't a chance in hell he'd have a pic from that episode at his table. I got some screencaps from the DVD and added the text myself after that. I then printed it out on a high quality photo paper. I really like the screencap I chose, as it's the best part of that scene and a pretty humurous pic to get signed. I was also sure it would be a great conversation piece once he saw it.

As for the meeting itself, I'm afraid to say I was left very disappointed. He was chatty and nice to everyone before me, then when it was my turn, he had struck up a conversation with one of his assistants and apparently he was going to take a break. He then turned his head and saw me standing in front of him and agreed to sign one more. We shook hands and he asked me how I was, then he signed the pic very fast, as someone in a hurry would and went on his break. It all went by so fast. Had he not been in a hurry I am positive he would have taken notice of the picture I chose to get signed and also ask me something about it, I really wanted to ask him some things as well that would have been great to add in this text. It was not to be, I suppose. Maybe I'll get to meet him some other time in the future where I can have another go at him.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to have gotten his autograph. It's definitely one of the most unique things I have in my MWC collection and while it didn't get much of a reaction from Corey Feldman, I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece when my guests gets a look at it. Here's a scan of the autograph:

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 am

Still, that is a very neat thing to have in your collection of MWC, nobody in the world has an autograph on a picture like that I'd bet anything.

That's kind of a neat little niche, getting signed photos of the guests and lesser characters of the show.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:37 am

Yeah, it is pretty awesome! And a great collector's piece. :D
Nice work.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah, it's definitely something I'll keep in mind whenever I might go to a con "Was he/she ever on MWC?" It really is a neat item.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

cool you got it signed, shame he didnt notice or didnt say anything :?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Here's a cool standee I got a while back:

The actual standee is 17.6 inches tall, taking the bag into account it stands 20.4 inches tall. As you can see, it is still sealed in the original bag. It's not exactly in mint condition, as you can see there's a tear on the tag, but overall it's in good condition.

The standee was made by Starmakers Publishing Corp. who made a lot of these standees back in the day and had exclusive rights to manufacture and distribute this Married... With Children standee. It doesn't say anywhere on the item when it was made, but I'm going to make an educated guess and say sometime in the early 90's, which would be shortly after that cast photo was taken.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Neat. I've never seen those before.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm

I've already seen them on ebay but never bought one.
I have to admit that my collection has a very boring life in my cellar.... :(