The pregnancy-was-only-a-dream explanation in season 6

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

The pregnancy-was-only-a-dream explanation in season 6

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:50 pm

What do you guys think of this explanation they used when Katey Sagal miscarried during the period of season 6? Was it a good move or could they have figured out a different way out? Do you consider everything, including the subplots that had nothing to do with the pregnancy up until the dream was over, to have been a part of the dream? I know Bud's Grandmaster B persona was a part of the dream judging by his remarks when the dream was revealed.

I think the dream exlanation is genius in a way, spoofing Dallas. On the other hand it wiped out a whole number of hilarious episodes & events from that season. The Grandmaster B stuff was some of the funniest things in all of MWC as far as I'm concerned, so it's too bad to loose those things to the "Just a dream"-solution they came up with.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: The pregnancy-was-only-a-dream explanation in season 6

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:14 am

Honestly, that dream sequence explanation was so short a scene I don't think it ever really comes to anyone's mind. So I don't think it really wipes anything out. When people find out I'm a huge MWC fan, sometimes that topic of Peg being pregnant comes up and people always ask me what happened. I think it was good too. Quick and painless.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 pm

This topic sure got some discussion going :)

Anyway, I was watching the first part of She's Having a Baby, and I found it ironic that these lines are said in the episode:

Peggy: Oh Al, isn't it a dream?
Al: It better be!

Turns out it was in the end. Funny coincidence :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:This topic sure got some discussion going :)

Anyway, I was watching the first part of She's Having a Baby, and I found it ironic that these lines are said in the episode:

Everytime I watch that I'm like - Heh. Eeep. Wow. Fore-telling? Eerie. Kinda cool.

The pregnant eps are very funny, but it's a little hard to watch sometimes knowing what happened. But, they explained it away quickly (a la Dallas, as discussed in the True Hollywood Story) and didn't seem to affect the rest of the season in any way.

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I watched that today actually! And i'd forgotten about that line and I just thought how ironic that was!
I think it was a good way to deal with it, there aren't many other ways that they could have delt with it, as they would have not wanted to cause any more pain for Katey Sagal.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:23 am

Where have i been? I never noticed that. Mrs. Shoe and I have watched that two parter each time we found out we were expecting. Its tradition now.

Buckingham Fountain
Chicken
Your favorite MWC Character: I like em all! XD

Post by Buckingham Fountain » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 am

It seems in spite of that tragedy, someone on the show still poked into the prospect of a "third" child. They brought in Seven during Season 7, which didn't last. It was the annoying Cousin Oliver-like way he was forced into the show that did him in. Katey Sagal chose to leave her next two pregnancies out of the show, though they were successful.

When Ron Leavitt and a few MwC producers re-grouped for Unhappily Ever After, the introduction of the Malloys included the elusive third child.