wouldn't be awesome if...... they would get back together?

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want MWC back?

Yes
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 26

rootreeb
Chicken

wouldn't be awesome if...... they would get back together?

Post by rootreeb » Mon May 26, 2008 8:07 am

i am new to the forum, and...as you guessed i am A HUGE FAN of MWC. so.... just saying, would it be a ... fenomenal thing if they got back together and made a continuation of the series....i mean, ed's 62 ..., david is 34 , christina is 36, katey is 54 and amanda an ted are both 49.
ed is the oldest but since he's got a black belt ... he is obviously in a very good shape

mwc has "some magic" that , personally, i never found in any other sitcom
sorry if this was discussed before

cheers

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: wouldn't be awesome if...... they would get back together?

Post by Daniel » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 am

Hi!

Welcome to the Al Bundy Site!

Yes, it would be great - but as I already wrote some times: The chances to win the lottery are much more higher than we will ever see a new episode (or movie) of MWC.

Sad, but true.

rootreeb
Chicken

Post by rootreeb » Mon May 26, 2008 3:01 pm

yes.... but it's worth trying. the main obstacle is the actors themselves , if they want to do a comeback. because, if they want... and we struggle with petitions all around the world... we can have an" intsy bitsy " change :) , believe me, the networks are all about making money, and if they see an enormous amount of people wanting this...

i hope that there are not a lot of people who like mwc in this way: " i like it but... i don't really care that much if they get back together or not" .

i don't know, but if we just try to see if people are still interested in the real good stuff... like mwc maybe we can succeed

i am sure that when one member of the cast will pass away (hope a long time from now) we will all regret that we have not tried anything now.

we can make groups of people per country. we can advertise, we can do something. and i am confident that many people will respond positive to "Want a Married... With Children Comeback?"

to end this, i will say that, i , for one, am ready to do all that stand in my power to bring them back together

to an admin:can you please add a poll to this thread? with "do you want MWC back, Yes or No"

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon May 26, 2008 3:18 pm

I think not even a petition would make sense. There have been some series that have been continued after user petitions (e.g. Surface) but that are exceptions.

I (we) did a petition some years ago. It was about getting non-syndicated MWC Season DVDs and a faster releasement.
We had something about 1500 signatures - and guess what.
YES we had success - But only with Sony Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Here we have already released all seasons (including the Big Bundy Box [see the blog for more infos on that]).

Sony US didn't even notice us.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Mon May 26, 2008 3:41 pm

They won't get back together, unless you YOURSELF can come up with milions of dollars to finance this. Studio lot, actor's wages, hiring people, getting equipment, hiring writers...

If there was a general demand for the show, something could be done. But if there's only like an outcry from one single hardcore community, then let's face it - nobody will give a shit.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon May 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Panke found some clear words for it - here a short list and the perecentage I think they would do it (if someone pays them):

Actors:
Ed O'Neill - 50%
Katey Sagal - 70%
David Faustino - 80%
Christina Applegate - 10%
Amanda Bearse - 50%
Teg McGinley - 75%

Writers:
Michael G. Moye - 50%

Studios/Channels
Fox - 30%
Sony\Columbia - 5%

That makes an average of 46% - not bad!
So the big point would be the money. I think about 3,500 000 $ would be a good start.

I would spend something - I'm quiet sure every fan would spend some bucks - so let's find about 35.000 fans spending 100 Bucks and we've got a tiny chance. :wink:

btw: another 3.500 000 $ and you can forget 50% of the actors - then we can do them with CG :)

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 pm

No, no no and no.. let's just leave the MWC glory years as it is.

rootreeb
Chicken

Post by rootreeb » Tue May 27, 2008 7:04 am

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:Panke found some clear words for it - here a short list and the perecentage I think they would do it (if someone pays them):

Actors:
Ed O'Neill - 50%
Katey Sagal - 70%
David Faustino - 80%
Amanda Bearse - 50%
Teg McGinley - 75%

Writers:
Michael G. Moye - 50%

Studios/Channels
Fox - 30%
Sony\Columbia - 5%

So the big point would be the money. I think about 3,500 000 $ would be a good start.

I would spend something - I'm quiet sure every fan would spend some bucks - so let's find about 35.000 fans spending 100 Bucks and we've got a tiny chance. :wink:

btw: another 3.500 000 $ and you can forget 50% of the actors - then we can do them with CG :)
where did you say you found that info?
christina - 10% ...dissapointing

i know petitions of more non-important things here in my country (online ones) that reached about 150.000 signatures(and as i said, if we divide people into groups pers country). and it was a tv related topic.i am very confident that we can reach some people. the only main obstacle , as i said above, is the actors themselves. i know some cases where there was involved comebacks and ... the reviews were good and very good (led zeppelin, rambo, van halen etc) of course, there we're some bad ones, but that happened also when they we're active

i think that the first action is to ..somehow find accurate intel from the actors... if they are willing to .... get back

rootreeb
Chicken

Post by rootreeb » Tue May 27, 2008 7:06 am

Panek wrote:They won't get back together, unless you YOURSELF can come up with milions of dollars to finance this. Studio lot, actor's wages, hiring people, getting equipment, hiring writers...

If there was a general demand for the show, something could be done. But if there's only like an outcry from one single hardcore community, then let's face it - nobody will give a shit.
the demand doesn't come from nowhere, we have to "start" it.

rootreeb
Chicken

Post by rootreeb » Tue May 27, 2008 7:27 am

i found this
"Spike deal
In 2008, the Spike network reportedly paid US$12 million for broadcast rights to every episode."
so... it means that people are still watching.

le: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uF_HIZMT1ys he still looks like "bud" if i may say ..so

kelly: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9aiIAAVcz2k&feature=related .... :P
Last edited by rootreeb on Tue May 27, 2008 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Tue May 27, 2008 7:59 am

rootreeb wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:Panke found some clear words for it - here a short list and the perecentage I think they would do it (if someone pays them):

Actors:
Ed O'Neill - 50%
Katey Sagal - 70%
David Faustino - 80%
Amanda Bearse - 50%
Teg McGinley - 75%

Writers:
Michael G. Moye - 50%

Studios/Channels
Fox - 30%
Sony\Columbia - 5%

where did you say you found that info?
christina - 10% ...dissapointing
That is just my personal guess.
Christina is the only one who has a great success at the moment (e.g. Samantha Who). And I don't think that she wants to get back in the role as a blond bimbo.

rootreeb
Chicken

Post by rootreeb » Tue May 27, 2008 8:35 am

i don't know.... i mean, they we're cancelled by the network in the first place, they didn't break up on they're own... and that is something.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 am

I still think we should draft David Faustino for a new series called "Bud's World." Maybe featuring some of the NO MA'AM gang and Ted McGinley or something. Then some of the rest of the cast can make guest appearances. The big stumbling block I see is that nobody will want to watch it. :D But if some crumby network (like FOX used to be) is desperate to launch something, it could sell.

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Thu May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Bud's World could definitely work. I always imagined a show like this as MwC's follow-up.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 am

Hell yes I would like it back!

But remember that Ed O'neill still holds a grudge against FOX for what they did to the show. I'd say he'd be in it as much as Christina would.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398