Where to buy MWC dvds???!!!!

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

davisss
Shoe Salesman

Where to buy MWC dvds???!!!!

Post by davisss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi guys. Im a massive married with children and have been collecting all the box sets . I have been buying region 1 dvds from america up until season 7. 1 out of the 3 dvds did not play on my english (because i live in england) player. I know they have toughened the coding. Does anyone know if season 8 is compatible on my player or if it is available for my native tongue ( whick would be region 2)??
Many thanks in anticipation.
Long live NO MA'AM!

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: Where to buy MWC dvds???!!!!

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 am

davisss wrote:Hi guys. Im a massive married with children and have been collecting all the box sets . I have been buying region 1 dvds from america up until season 7. 1 out of the 3 dvds did not play on my english (because i live in england) player. I know they have toughened the coding. Does anyone know if season 8 is compatible on my player or if it is available for my native tongue ( whick would be region 2)??
Many thanks in anticipation.
Long live NO MA'AM!
Hi1

I'd buy region 2 coded DVDs.
If you buy it from Amazon.de (Germany) you can get ALL seasons (or the big bundy box --> http://blog.albundy.net/?p=108 ).
Of course the box & booklet are in german, but you have the us audio layer on all disks (and the disks are not syndicated :) - unlike one us version).

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:20 am

that was mean dan, laughing at us deprived yanks. youre lucky you give us this site or i would have to pay some voddo guy to give you als mother in law.....as a wife. poor ephrem.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:51 pm

rdo3 wrote:that was mean dan, laughing at us deprived yanks.
Not this time, not this time... :o)

But hell, I did send the petition to Sony US a few years ago. I'ts not my fault that thoose "deprived yanks" didn't do anything.
I think they had to much to do developing root kits, drm and such things :)

Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy

Post by Panek » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:07 am

Play it in your PC's dvd drive - flash it with region free firmware and get a program called DVD Region Killer.

Also, you may want to look around the Internet, because there are plenty of ways to make your standalone DVD player completely region free. It involves following a special guide that usually makes you input a code in a special menu reserved for technicians (I think) and makes your player completely liberated from the locks placed by the manufacturer. I did it with my LG and it works PERFECT.