MWC Cast Signed Script **Rites of Passage**

Moderator: Moderators

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

MWC Cast Signed Script **Rites of Passage**

Post by Gucd231 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:13 pm

So I came across a listing that wasn't titled very well and made NO mention of the signed script being from MCW! I click the photo and sure enough it's a MWC script. The pics looked good and some of the autographs were signed to "Kelly" so I figured it had a better chance of being authentic. You never know which clowns decide to photocopy these scripts and pass them off as genuine. I once bought Peg's cookbook that was supposedly signed by the cast, little did I know the first page in every book contained a cast set of facsimile autographs.The guy swore up and down they were genuine....not happy about that one.

So fast forward to today and the script is in hand as I look it over. All of the signature's looked to be signed in black sharpie and have consistent bleed through the paper. I was worried that this was possibly a reproduction that the seller was unaware of. There's also a very faint yellow haze on the backside around the marker bleed which I believe is from the aging of the maker and paper. The neat thing about this one is "Kelly" had the cast sign on corresponding pages where their lines are rather than on the cover. I actually think this helped keep the signatures looking perfect. There are a total of 10 signatures which include the 6 main cast members, the writer, Roxanne (Puzo), Sticky the Clown (Hewlett), and an unidentifiable tenth signature. After a bit of detective work and the obvious I am 99% sure I know what is says and who it's from. I'll let you have a guess at it though before I give my thought's.

All-in-all it's a great great script from a classic episode that highlight's Bud's 18th B-Day. I am curious about the lines R. Hewlett had and why they were left out on the fly since this is a final Draft with no revisions. Looks like he had more to say in the script than he he actually did. I believe this script was signed on the very day the show was taped considering the signatures. It could have been anyone's copy as well. Any thoughts or comments as the genuineness of the signed script is more than welcome.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: MWC Cast Signed Script **Rites of Passage**

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:56 am

Very cool! Looks genuine. I don't have this one; I always like discovering what gets edited from script to air time.

Not sure on that 10th signature, if it is a signature. Looks like "Hope you..." then illegible. What do you think it is?

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:16 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Very cool! Looks genuine. I don't have this one; I always like discovering what gets edited from script to air time.

Not sure on that 10th signature, if it is a signature. Looks like "Hope you..." then illegible. What do you think it is?
Thanks! I'm also confident it's genuine. Looks like there's a bit more editing with a few changed lines. I have to sit down with the script and watch the episode again.

As for the very first signature it looks to be "Hope you had fun Frank" as the 2 "F's" are identical. The 2 "H's" are also identical even though it looks like "hard" rather than "had".I am guessing it's Frank Lloyd's since he's the only Frank listed on the page. I have yet to find another example of his hand writing or signature. I did find examples for Roger Hewlett and Gina Puzo which are spot on.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:53 pm

What the heck... where did you get that piece.
My own signed script looks empty against yours :)

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:29 pm

Daniel wrote:What the heck... where did you get that piece.
My own signed script looks empty against yours :)
No way! Each one is so special in their own right. The additional signatures kinda help to authenticate more than anything else I think. Can't go wrong with "Sticky the Clown" and " Hot Roxanne".

I found it on Ebay, No idea if it was sitting there long.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:07 am

How much did you pay? More or less than 100$?
I like that you also have supporting actors and that you don't have just the signature but also some Kind words.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Daniel wrote:How much did you pay? More or less than 100$?
I like that you also have supporting actors and that you don't have just the signature but also some Kind words.

It was more than $100 but less than $200. While I'm sure there's lots of these hiding all over not many surface, so I try not to let them pass my by when they pop up. I look at it this way if I went to a signing for the cast it would cost much more to have them sign a photo than an actual script. I used to get turned off when I found something that was personalized to someone. Now I look it as provenance for the item that was signed.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Gucd231 wrote:
marriedaniac wrote: Not sure on that 10th signature, if it is a signature. Looks like "Hope you..." then illegible. What do you think it is?
As for the very first signature it looks to be "Hope you had fun Frank" as the 2 "F's" are identical. The 2 "H's" are also identical even though it looks like "hard" rather than "had".I am guessing it's Frank Lloyd's since he's the only Frank listed on the page. I have yet to find another example of his hand writing or signature. I did find examples for Roger Hewlett and Gina Puzo which are spot on.
I assume Frank too. He was on the show enough to be known by just one name - Frank. Like Cher :)

I like Hewlett's "I hate you". :lol:

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Gucd231 wrote:
It was more than $100 but less than $200.
It sounds like a fair price. I paid for mine also a bit over 100 bucks.
But I really like yours ;)

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Gucd231 wrote:
marriedaniac wrote: Not sure on that 10th signature, if it is a signature. Looks like "Hope you..." then illegible. What do you think it is?
I assume Frank too. He was on the show enough to be known by just one name - Frank. Like Cher :)

I like Hewlett's "I hate you". :lol:
I'm going with Frank then!He must have been on set the following day as it looks like the bar scene was shot the day before. Unless "Kelly" was crew rather than SUPER LUCKY fan.

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Daniel wrote:
Gucd231 wrote:
It was more than $100 but less than $200.
It sounds like a fair price. I paid for mine also a bit over 100 bucks.
But I really like yours ;)
I would have regretted not picking it up. I've been spoiled getting things on the cheap lately :mrgreen:

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:33 pm

But do you have a personal signed David faustino Shirt that your wife used to wash up some dirt on the floor in the cellar? :lol: :) (I could make a "priceless" graphic out of that)

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Daniel wrote:But do you have a personal signed David faustino Shirt that your wife used to wash up some dirt on the floor in the cellar? :lol: :) (I could make a "priceless" graphic out of that)
WOW! That had to hurt a bit. I'm not sure which would have killed me? Ruining my shirt or the wife cleaning the floor!

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Gucd231 wrote:
Daniel wrote:But do you have a personal signed David faustino Shirt that your wife used to wash up some dirt on the floor in the cellar? :lol: :) (I could make a "priceless" graphic out of that)
WOW! That had to hurt a bit. I'm not sure which would have killed me? Ruining my shirt or the wife cleaning the floor!
But I still have the Shirt. Has a stain over "for my friend Daniel" but when I wash it I think the writing would go away too ;D

Gucd231
Wanker Drilling

Post by Gucd231 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Daniel wrote:
Gucd231 wrote:
But I still have the Shirt. Has a stain over "for my friend Daniel" but when I wash it I think the writing would go away too ;D
Man! so she managed to get the autograph itself dirty? I make custom cards and I know the autograph could be cut and made into a card of sorts. I wouldn't take the chance of washing it either.