playmates were on this show.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:20 am

I never really realized just how many playmates were on this show. Lots of good looking gals go out to Hollywood to make it big, I figured they got all those bodacious babes from that lot.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:I never really realized just how many playmates were on this show. Lots of good looking gals go out to Hollywood to make it big, I figured they got all those bodacious babes from that lot.
That's what David Faustino said - "LA is full of them!" :)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:09 am

You see it all the time. Small town beauty queens and the leading girl in the local college's drama department will head to New York or LA at some point to make it big, then they get out there and they aren't so special anymore! But in a way its kind of a rite of passage just to go out there for a year and then you can say you tried. I have a cousin who was a dancer, she went to NYC waited tables, took dance classes and auditioned for stuff, didn't get into much so she came back home and got married, lives happily ever after.

Then I have another cousin who actually is making it in Hollywood, he's a film editor or something I don't see him very often. I mentioned it in another thread but he was actually in a movie with EON back in the 80's before MWC, he was only about 10 but he remembes Ed as always cracking everybody up.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:35 am

Dr. Shoe wrote: Then I have another cousin who actually is making it in Hollywood, he's a film editor or something I don't see him very often. I mentioned it in another thread but he was actually in a movie with EON back in the 80's before MWC, he was only about 10 but he remembes Ed as always cracking everybody up.
Cool! Which movie?

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 am

marriedaniac wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote: Then I have another cousin who actually is making it in Hollywood, he's a film editor or something I don't see him very often. I mentioned it in another thread but he was actually in a movie with EON back in the 80's before MWC, he was only about 10 but he remembes Ed as always cracking everybody up.
Cool! Which movie?
Wow! Thats really awesome!! Yeah which movie was it?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:Then I have another cousin who actually is making it in Hollywood, he's a film editor or something I don't see him very often. I mentioned it in another thread but he was actually in a movie with EON back in the 80's before MWC, he was only about 10 but he remembes Ed as always cracking everybody up.
I don't remember reading that, sounds awesome! Please direct us to that post, if possible.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:57 am

Man, I don't know which thread that was. If I come across it I'll redirect here. But the movie was called A Winner Never Quits. Its the true story of a one-armed baseball player, named Pete Grey, back in the 1940s who played for the St. Louis Cardnials (my hometown). Anyway, my cousin played the one-armed player as a kid, and EON played the older brother who kind of inspired him to overcome his handicap. It really is a good movie. Good acting, inspiring story. Ed is good and so is my cousin Steve. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Winner_N ... _(TV_film) It was like a movie of the week.

Here's the cover of the video:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:09 am

That's really cool. It's also of the few movies I haven't been able to see or get, yet.

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 am

Wow that looks like a good movie! I'll have to see if I can find it on ebay and such.

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:22 am

I think i've got a VCR in my garage that still works :lol:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

I saw the first few minutes on youtube but I can't find it now. No Ed in that clip.
If anyone ever finds it, let us know. I could always do a vid-dvd transfer with one of my many VCRs.

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Re: playmates were on this show.

Post by Officer Dan » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:58 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am
Dr. Shoe wrote:I never really realized just how many playmates were on this show. Lots of good looking gals go out to Hollywood to make it big, I figured they got all those bodacious babes from that lot.
That's what David Faustino said - "LA is full of them!" :)
Yes, it is...go for Clubbing in 1OAK Los Angeles (not sure if it is open at the moment), and you see hot girls everywhere :mrgreen:

A good overview of all Playmates that were in the show is still the program guide (in german):

http://www.bundyology.com/deutsch/guide_d.html
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992