22%
No votes

Total votes: 9

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Rate & review season 7

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 pm

From 1-10 stars, how would you rate the seventh season of Married... With Children?

Also, if you'd like you could also give us a small review of the season.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Re: Rate & review season 7

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 am

The seventh season of Married… With Children is mostly known for one thing; the inclusion of the character fittingly named Seven, played by Shane Sweet. It is not with joy that fans remember season seven and its namesake, in fact, hatred is a word you could describe fans feelings towards Seven. Fans hated the character of Seven the minute he first came on screen, they simply couldn’t accept him as a member of the Bundy family and he was quickly written out of the show, much to the delight of the fans.

This may be a bit controversial to say by a fan of the show, but I feel that season seven gets an undeserved bad rap. Is Seven an unnecessary addition to this show? Yes. Is Seven an annoying character? Yes. Is Shane Sweet a horrible child actor? Pretty much. Fact is though, Seven was only the main focus of the storyline in two episodes and only appeared in 11 of the total number of 26 episodes there was in this season. The season has plenty of great, enjoyable and classic episodes and some even has Seven featured in them. Furthermore, I loved how they treated the character after a couple of episodes, the show didn’t get cute or anything, they were still the same as they had always been. The genius move on their part is how they got rid off him; they just stopped caring about him when he was old news – classic Bundy stuff!

Aside from Seven other noteworthy trivia is that Kelly finds work as a waitress, a job she’d hold on to into season eight. Bud on the other hand gets a rough start at the Trumaine University. Al goes into early retirement before getting his old job back and Peggy… well, Peggy is still eating bonbons in front of the TV. One of the highlights of the season is that Steve Rhoades makes another guest-appearance in the episode Peggy and the Pirates.

In conclusion, this is a much underrated season. It is far from the worst season of the show IMO. It has some of the funniest episodes of the entire series and is in fact really solid. I give this season a 9-star rating.

Favorite episodes: The Chicago Wine Party, Rock of Ages, Go for the Old, Un-Alful Entry & Movie Show

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 am

Shoe Dick wrote: This may be a bit controversial to say by a fan of the show, but I feel that season seven gets an undeserved bad rap. Is Seven an unnecessary addition to this show? Yes. Is Seven an annoying character? Yes. Is Shane Sweet a horrible child actor? Pretty much.
I agree with this. :)

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am

marriedaniac wrote:
Shoe Dick wrote: This may be a bit controversial to say by a fan of the show, but I feel that season seven gets an undeserved bad rap. Is Seven an unnecessary addition to this show? Yes. Is Seven an annoying character? Yes. Is Shane Sweet a horrible child actor? Pretty much.
I agree with this. :)
Me too, i'm so glad that the public got Seven off the air!! Gosh imagine what it would be like if he stayed!!!

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:55 pm

As long as you're here, please cast your rating for season seven. I don't believe you have yet.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:49 pm

I gave it a solid 8.
Just finished watching Season 7 yesterday. Onto Season 8! :P

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 pm

Four votes so far and no one is hating it yet!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Its going well! I think we're all looking past that disastrous character that won't be named :lol:

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 am

Yeah, I think that's a good review Shoe Dick. I agree with all of it. Some great episodes, they made a mistake but had a good recovery and hey, we have someone we love to hate!

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman
Your favorite MWC Character: Peggy

Post by ButterWanker » Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm

8/10. I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't hate Seven. I thought he was unnecessary, but at least he was funny & the kid thing never got sappy. Now that would have been a travesty. I also think it's even funnier that they forgot about in the Bundy style Shoe Dick mentions. "Old College Try", "Chicago Wine Party", "Movie Show", "The Proposition" and "What I Did For Love" are my favorites.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 am

ButterWanker wrote:8/10. I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't hate Seven. I thought he was unnecessary, but at least he was funny & the kid thing never got sappy. Now that would have been a travesty. I also think it's even funnier that they forgot about in the Bundy style Shoe Dick mentions. "Old College Try", "Chicago Wine Party", "Movie Show", "The Proposition" and "What I Did For Love" are my favorites.
"I didn't hate Seven...but at least he was funny...." Butterwanker, this should have been posted in the confessions thread...or maybe even only told to a preist or your shrink. It is out now, no putting it back.

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman
Your favorite MWC Character: Peggy

Post by ButterWanker » Tue May 14, 2013 5:00 am

I know, I know. I do nothing better than embarrass myself!

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 pm

Seven was a very annoying character and Shane was a terrible actor. Fortunately he really isn't seen or heard that often. If I would have rated this back in the day,I probably would have given it 4 stars. At that time I hated what they did to my show. I should have watched with more of an open mind I guess. Having re-watched the shows many times now, I give season 7 appropriately 7 stars.
I dropped you like third period French!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Mon May 20, 2013 6:42 am

It says a lot about the show that it can survive the addition of a terrible, camera-aware actor playing a "cute" little kid that nobody likes, and still remain strong.

S*v*n aside, I'd say 7 was a darn near-perfect season.

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:23 pm

For me, season 7 has a 6-Star-Rating.

Theres the good, the bad, and the ugly...

I agree with Shoe Dick, the character "Seven" really sucks a.. :evil: What were they thinking at the time. But is season 7 so bad beause of "Seven"? I don't think so.

- As Shoe Dick says, for real we have two episodes with Seven as a central character. After that, the role luckily gets smaller and smaller. For god's sake.
- New directions in the series in this season: Bud goes to Turmaine University, Kelly gets a new Job (Verminator - Classic!) and so on
- Really funny, but sometimes over-acted episodes. It has just turned vom social comedy in the first seasons, so more slapstick
- And lets not forget the good guest stars and hot babes :mrgreen:
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992