No votes
29%
57%
14%

Total votes: 7

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: 708 Kellys neuer Job/Kelly doesn't live here anymore

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 am

This episode parodies the American TV sit-com Alice which ran from 1976-1985 on CBS. The show is based on a movie called Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. The show is about the lives of several waitresses who work at a place called Mel's Diner on the outskirts of Phoneix, AZ. They wear pink uniforms and one waitress named "Flo," played by Polly Holliday, sports a beehive hairdoo.

The movie poster from Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

The cast of Alice. Flo is on the far left.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:This episode parodies the American TV sit-com Alice which ran from 1976-1985 on CBS. The show is based on a movie called Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. The show is about the lives of several waitresses who work at a place called Mel's Diner on the outskirts of Phoneix, AZ. They wear pink uniforms and one waitress named "Flo," played by Polly Holliday, sports a beehive hairdoo.
Where do you always get that information?
Are you a tv-critic from the 70/80s ? *ggg*

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:17 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:This episode parodies the American TV sit-com Alice which ran from 1976-1985 on CBS. The show is based on a movie called Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. The show is about the lives of several waitresses who work at a place called Mel's Diner on the outskirts of Phoneix, AZ. They wear pink uniforms and one waitress named "Flo," played by Polly Holliday, sports a beehive hairdoo.
Far from it. I just really love this show and I spend a lot of time thinking about it. You don't even want to know how my mind wound its way into figuring out the stuff I posted on this thread but I'll tell you it began when I started contemplating Kelly's Beehive hairdo. Thank God this forum gives me an outlet for my ridiculous hobby!

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Far from it. I just really love this show and I spend a lot of time thinking about it. You don't even want to know how my mind wound its way into figuring out the stuff I posted on this thread but I'll tell you it began when I started contemplating Kelly's Beehive hairdo. Thank God this forum gives me an outlet for my ridiculous hobby!
yes, this forum is a place for such crazy people like us :O)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Well, I for one am thankful for the interesting trivia bits you provide for us, Dr. Shoe! A lot of these things goes unnoticed for us outside the US.

Anyway, I give this a 3.5. Fair episode, could have needed a little more of Al.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 pm

I watched this one again last night and I think its a 5. I love this bit:

Al: So, pumpkin, you always thought you were meant for something more, didn't you?
Kelly: Yes
Al: Me too. But we weren't. (chuckles)

You realize Kelly is her father's daughter and she's gonna gonna be stuck in the workaday slog along with him.

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm

4 stars from me.

Love the scene how Kelly serves the food in the first place (pure chaos), and her naughty teacher :mrgreen:

Dr. Shoe: Very interesting information, thanks for sharing!
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992