No votes
No votes
50%
50%

Total votes: 6

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: 707 Für Bier gegen Wein/The Chicago wine party

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:06 am

On December 16, 1773 a secret society of American patriots, known as The Sons of Liberty, dressed as Indians and went down to Boston harbor. While there they destroyed the tea cargo of several British East India Company ships. This was in protest of the British parliment's, without our consent, having placed a tax on tea shipped to the American colonies. This episode which in part led to the American Revolution is known as The Boston Tea Party. Homage is paid to the event in this episode of MWC.

Last edited by Dr. Shoe on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 am

Without a doubt this is a 5. This line says it all:

"Don't tax beer!"

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:31 pm

I just love Jefferson's monologue in this one about being a great First Lady, haha. Does he get a monologue in any other episode? This could be the only one. It just cracks me up. "...I don't mind prancing it for the voters....Then, when you get shot..." OMG that's hilarious! :D

I've been going though season seven just to watch Shane Sweet slowly disappear from the show. I don't think he is in this one at all, though I saw him in the episode that follows this one which is i think Kelly Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Without a doubt this is a 5. This line says it all:

"Don't tax beer!"
===========================

Hi Shoe Dick,

I was looking for some old 60s warning signs and found this one that I remember from Tech School..
I thought of posting it the English part of the forum, but thought that the German audience
would also find it cute.

ACHTUNG - ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

The above was apparently based on the following, original version, from the early 1960s:

Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das machinkontrol is nicht for gefengerpoken und mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenverk, blowenfus, undpoppencorken mit spitzensparken. Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur geverken by das dumpkopfen. Das rubber necken sightseenen keepen das cotton-picken hands in das pockets. So relaxen, und vatchen das blinkenlights.

And here's the phony-English version the Germans use:

This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equipment. Fingergrabbing and pressing the knoeppkes from the computers is allowed for die experts only! So all the "lefthanders" stay away and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working intelligences. Otherwise you will be outthrown and kicked anderswhere! Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights.

Of course, this warning would not be complete without the Internet version:

Das Internet is nicht fuer gefingerclickend und giffengrabben. Ist easy droppenpacket der Routers und overloaden der Backbone mit der spammen und der me-tooen. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei die Dummkopfen. Die mausklicken Sichtseeren keepen das Bandwidth-spewen Hands in die Pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das cursorblinken.

Finally, the Palm Pilot version:

Das PalmPilot ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy scratch der Screene, zappen RAM, und droppen-smashen. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das Dummkopfen. Das rubber-necken Sichtseeren keep die Hands in die Pockets -- relaxen und watchen Das Blinkenlights.

All items in the Humor category were sent to us by friends and visitors like yourself, and are considered public domain. If you believe there to be any copyright infringements, please let us know.

Buffalo Al
Eugene Bundy

Post by Buffalo Al » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:04 am

They're trying to sneak by a two cent beer tax. Two cents! And what really gets to me is, that the money they're gonna raise is gonna go for education!

Well, I'll be damned if I'm paying two cents for some moron to learn how to read!

I mean, when is it gonna end? I mean, pretty soon they'll be taxing... income!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:28 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdN4O8cZpxw[/youtube]

"...Regardless of her qualifications or her stance on the issues."

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:59 pm

5 Stars. Very funny.