14%
No votes

Total votes: 7

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Rate & review season 6

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:54 pm

From 1-10 stars, how would you rate the sixth season of Married... With Children?

Also, if you'd like you could also give us a small review of the season.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Re: Rate & review season 6

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:59 am

After three more or less perfect seasons (seasons 3-5), all of which earned a 10-star rating from me, this took a small step downwards in quality. There’s no big explanation as to why, the episodes usually just isn’t up to par with the standard that seasons 3, 4 and 5 set the last three years of this show. Really, with those past seasons in mind, who can blame it? You can’t expect a show to keep that kind of quality forever; sooner or later there will be a dip in quality which is exactly what happened to season six.

There’s an unusual story arc in this season that goes on for 11 episodes. Peggy and Marcy both get pregnant by their husbands Al and Jefferson. The moms to be are filled with joy, of course. Al and the kids on the other hand are devastated while Jefferson is ecstatic, at first. In the 11 episodes that deal with their pregnancies we get a large amount of laughs at the heartbroken Al, Bud, Kelly and ultimately Jefferson. The pregnancy storyline had to be dropped when Katey Sagal (Peggy), miscarried in real life. They explained it away brilliantly, spoofing Dallas by blaming everything on a dream Al had, meaning Peggy was never pregnant. During this time, the infamous Bud persona Grandmaster B is introduced to us viewers for the first time and was kept on for a couple of more episodes.

This is the first season where Ted McGinley (Jefferson) is a full-fledged cast member of the show and is for the first time included in the opening credits. His friendship with Al is clearer in this season (Al: “I actually get the opportunity to play a board game with two people I can't stand and Jefferson?”) and they would remain good friends throughout the show. Jefferson even cheer on Al when taunting Marcy, though he does it behind her back to avoid being yelled at or simply getting beat up. Another important change in this season is that Kelly’s modelling school shuts down, so she gets a job as The Verminator, a job she’d return to a few seasons later. The highlight of the season for me is when we get to see the return of Steve Rhoades for the first time in two seasons. It’s the first of four guest appearances by David Garrison.

Despite not continuing on the streak of seasons 3, 4 and 5, it is still a very enjoyable season and earns an 8-star rating.

Favorite episodes: Al Bundy, Shoe Dick, Rites of Passage, The Egg and I, Cheese, Cues & Blood & The Gas Station Show

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

ButterWanker
Ike Foreman
Your favorite MWC Character: Peggy

Post by ButterWanker » Fri May 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Another 7/10 season for me. The highlights are Jefferson's character being firmly cemented into the show, the intro of Grandmaster B and especially Kelly as The Verminator. I think "The Goodbye Girl" is probably my favorite of the season.

Spare Tire Dixon
Grandmaster B

Post by Spare Tire Dixon » Sat May 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Season 6 gets 8 stars from me. Seasons 3 to 5 were as close to perfect as a show can get, and maintaining that standard is just impossible. There are still mostly classic episodes here, but there are also more fair to good ones.
I dropped you like third period French!

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:31 pm

This is a six-star season for me (how come 8) )

I have mixed feelings: Yes, you really can't keep up the good quality of the first seasons forever. You have to have ideas. Good scripts. And so on.

The pregnancy of Katey was written in the show.... unfortunately there were tragic events in her life following :cry: so, the pregnancy was written out of the show as a dream. I personally didn't like the story that Marcy and her are pregnant. But that in my Opinion is not why season 6 is not so good as the seasons 1-5...

Also, i really didn't like the "England Show". At the time in germany, RTL Television promoted it a a highlight (i remember myself staying up in the middle of the night, because it was premiered close to midnight). Yes, it was a new idea, but i think it's really really bad and not a highlight of the series.

I think, in parts, of beeing really funny, it is becoming silly (over-acting, screaming, crying and so on). This was done much much better in earlier seasons.Yes, there are some good episodes (Shoe Dick, Steve's Return, Goodbye Girl, ...) , Grandmaster B is a classic, and Ted is finding himself in the role - and that is getting better year per year.

As we all now...this was just a dip, and there 4 more seasons to come :mrgreen:
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992