No votes
No votes
63%
38%

Total votes: 8

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: 504 Das Endspiel / The unnatural

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 am

Married...with Children pays homage to two baseball ledgends in this episode, Henry Louis "Lou" Gehrig (pictured left) and George Herman Ruth, Jr. (pictured right) aka "Babe Ruth," "The Babe," or "The Bambino." Al parodies Gehrig's famous "I am the luckiest man on the face of the Earth" speech. And Al's final defiant homerun and drop of his hat is reminicent of the Babe's final game where he scored three homeruns and quit the team after the management had mistreated him.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:03 am

Thanks for the info, Dr. Shoe! I had no idea about that, but I knew they were parodying something. I gave this episode a 4.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Buffalo Al
Eugene Bundy

Post by Buffalo Al » Fri May 11, 2012 2:21 am

I see some of us forget pretty darn quickly, don't we? Well, I don't. Let me paint a picture for you.

May 6, 1982. You brought in a green fresh faced kid. Enter the Bundy era. You were 0 and ten.

Bundy took the field. Let's talk about his glove. Four to three in the ninth against Bob's Cheese Factory. The cleanup man fires a hit through the hole... but no! Bundy dives for the ball, snares it and fires to first. M... V... P.

June 9, 1983. The game on the line. The opposing team drills one to left field where, you, Schotz, were standing frozen. Bundy races to the fence and spears it. M... V... P.

Now, I take you to Bundy on the base paths. A little dribbler hit by you, Pence. Bundy, needing to score to tie the game, lowers his head into the toughest catcher in the league and takes Ms. Shephouse, separating her shoulder and ending her career. Victory over the Shephouse Knitters. M... V... P.

July 1st, 1989. The old war horse has lost a step but his bat still speaks. Down seven to four, Bundy steps to the plate. Crack! Another victory. Another M... V... P.

Now you may have forgotten these memorable moments in Bundy history but my family certainly hasn't.

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:27 pm

Good episode with an unusual ending. I like it - 5 stars
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992