411 Do it yourself/Who'll stop the rain?

Moderator: Moderators

Voting

No votes
No votes
No votes
33%
67%

Total votes: 9

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: 411 Do it yourself/Who'll stop the rain?

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 pm

I give it a strong 4. Al falling off his house is always funny :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:43 am

Got a 5! Everytime they used the life-sized puppets it was a great episode!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Definite contender for all-time fave. 5/5 10/10 whatever!

"God it smells like ham in here." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 am

Heck yes! A definite 4!

I was watching this one today and wondered if you guys, by that I mean you Germanic and Scandinavian types, get the reference to the movie Gone With The Wind ? When Al says "God as my witness, I'll never be wet again!" with his fist in the air, that's it.

In the movie the heroine is a Southern woman, Scarlett O'Hara, during the Civil War and her life is turned upside down, Yankee soldiers burn her plantation, free her slaves, and kill members of her family and of course they destroy a lot of stuff. Anyway when the war is nearly over and she sets out to rebuild her life she cries out, "God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

Here is the scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn26pEDE ... re=related

There's another episode where they make reference to it too. Kelly says (sarcastically) "We won't lose Tara will we?" Tara is the name of Scarlett O'Hara's Plantation.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed May 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:Heck yes! A definite 4!
You mean definite 5, surely! ;)
I was watching this one today and wondered if you guys, by that I mean you Germanic and Scandinavian types, get the reference to the movie Gone With The Wind ? When Al says "God as my witness, I'll never be wet again!" with his fist in the air, that's it.
Don't forget Kelly's "I'll never be horny again!" scene in Grime And Punishment. :)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 pm

marriedaniac wrote:
You mean definite 5, surely! ;)
Don't forget Kelly's "I'll never be horny again!" scene in Grime And Punishment. :)

Oh yes a definite 5! I'd forgotten about that one, could be more too.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 am

You know, I haven't seen this classic yet, unfortunately, so that went past me. It's definitely one of those movies that I just have to see. In fact I've been thinking about getting the 5-disc edition on DVD for ages. That's how sure I am of its greatness :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 am

I'd read up a little on the Civil War a little, it would probably give you some good context. Maybe even just the wiki article. There is a whole lot to that conflict. There are a lot of people over here who study it as a hobby and even dress up for reenactments and etc.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Tue May 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:I'd read up a little on the Civil War a little, it would probably give you some good context. Maybe even just the wiki article. There is a whole lot to that conflict. There are a lot of people over here who study it as a hobby and even dress up for reenactments and etc.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've seen North & South quite a few times, so I think I'm covered ;)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:I'd read up a little on the Civil War a little, it would probably give you some good context. Maybe even just the wiki article. There is a whole lot to that conflict. There are a lot of people over here who study it as a hobby and even dress up for reenactments and etc.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've seen North & South quite a few times, so I think I'm covered ;)
Really you have? Is that worth watching? I just saw that for sale not long ago at Best Buy and I wondered if it was any good. You're talking about the Patick Swayze one right?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:Really you have? Is that worth watching? I just saw that for sale not long ago at Best Buy and I wondered if it was any good. You're talking about the Patick Swayze one right?
Oh man, you've missed OUT! It's one of the best mini-series of all time that displays a friendship you've never seen before. it's absolutely brilliant and is a must-see.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:11 am

Sold!

Buffalo Al
Eugene Bundy

Post by Buffalo Al » Fri May 11, 2012 12:25 am

Right there, Peg, is the problem with America. We've lost our spirit for self reliance. Something's leaking - call someone. Something's broken - call someone. One ofthe kids suffers a ruptured appendix - call someone.

Whatever happened to the old American spirit of "I can fix it myself." Whatever happened to rugged American manhood?

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri May 11, 2012 1:29 am

You wouldn't catch grandpa Hook calling anyone.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue May 15, 2012 8:01 am

Buffalo Al wrote:Whatever happened to rugged American manhood?
We don't know yet -- Kelly's test aren't back from the lab.